Wolf RPG
Sleeping Dragon A New Wolf - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sleeping Dragon A New Wolf (/showthread.php?tid=12931)

A New Wolf - Faeryn - February 01, 2016

Belle trotted outside of a pack's boundaries, wondering if she should talk to them, perhaps join them, or if she should turn and run. She had heard things about this pack from other lone wolves, and she was hoping they would accept her into the pack. Belle had been travelling for weeks, months even, just to find a friendly pack. She let out a howl to let them know she was here. Then she waited, hoping for someone friendly to come.

RE: A New Wolf - Antumbra - February 01, 2016

Her ears prick forward once she hears the howl, distracting herself from the task at hand. A few wolves had come to their borders for refuge, some for other motives, and keep her mountain marked and strong had quickly become a priority. Goliath had proven to be a good asset to the pack, making himself useful right away in storing their caches and keeping their borders protected.

Thuringwethil closes the distance between the loner and herself, lifting her head over her square shoulders and arching her tail. Her scent came in different directions as if she’d been nervously moving back and forth, leaving her own mess behind. The dark wolf’s fur bristles along the back of her neck, quietly growling a warning should the other have ill-intentions at her borders.

"What do you want?"

RE: A New Wolf - Faeryn - February 01, 2016

Belle lowers her head submissively. "I wish you, nor your pack any harm." She paused, hesitating. "I would like to join. I could be useful to you? I am a good hunter.." She waited for a response before continuing. She didn't want to seem too desperate.

The wolf drops her head before she speaks and Thuringwethil settles back, easing the urge to chase the loner away. They were doing well with the members they had but she was used to a much bigger populous that extended beyond one single pack’s territory. Her grey eyes narrow as she takes a step forward as the other speaks what she may or may not be good for. With their claim official, she didn’t offer easiness an option.

“Show me.”

Winter is upon them, making prey harder to find. The wolf isn’t much to look at but, perhaps, she’d be proven wrong. Her tracking skills would be put to the test. “Don’t go south of the river,” she warns. The wolf might not be of her own yet but she isn’t going to risk a run-in with their neighbors over some straggling loner.

RE: A New Wolf - Faeryn - February 01, 2016

Belle nodded her head and replied "As you wish." She turned and headed off to find a scent.

It was a while - at least half an hour - before she found a scent actually worth following. She followed the scent, careful not to go south of the river, as the alpha had warned. It took her about 15 minutes to find the source of the scent. She smiled as she saw a small elk herd, a rare sight these days. She searched the herd, looking for a weak elk. They were all slightly weak from the cold winter, but they looked as if they were strong enough to fight well. She soon spotted a young buck, straying away from the herd slightly, to investigate something Belle could not see. She approached with caution. If she was sneaky enough, the herd would not spot her. She crept around stealthily, until she was close to the young buck. He had his ears up, he must have heard her approach. She waited for a while, until the buck had forgotten and carried on investigating. Belle watched, until the young elk was facing away from her, and then she pounced. As soon as her claws pierced the buck, it was too late. He shrieked, but the herd was quite far away, and by the time they had realised what was happening, Belle had dragged the carcass into the bushes. Now all she had to do was take it to the alpha.

As she approached the boundaries, panting slightly, she howled to signal her return.

Shorty posts but I wasn't sure if she was bringing the elk back with her alone or needed help bringing it back. :)

The wolf doesn’t offer an objections, instead taking the option and turning tail into the valley. Thuringwethil watches her disappear and waits for a while longer, not exactly expecting her back immediately. She moves along the borders, remarking and covering up the traces of the lone wolf, while she waits for her return. When the howl rings, Thuringwethil diverts her attention back the way she’d come and met the loner in the first place. The agouti female stands out in the distance, the valley between them, and she nods her head for the other to return in approach.

RE: A New Wolf - Faeryn - February 02, 2016

(She brought it with her :) Also sorry short post)

Belle comes forwards with the elk dangling from her mouth. She drops it in front of Thuringwethil, watching for her reaction. Belle was still panting slightly, partly because of the hunt, and partly because of the walk back.

RE: A New Wolf - Antumbra - February 02, 2016

The wolf struggles to bring back the elk, leaving her winded and panting across the way. A trail of blood and muck is left in her wake and Thuringwethil examines it illness, for any reason a single wolf would bring it down on their own, but nothing smells abnormal and the damage done can’t be deciphered between before the female had gotten a hold of creature. The herd they’d hunted over a week ago could have still been around, the remains in their cache depleting. Heda takes a step forward and tears the belly of the elk, eating her fill of the tender organs of the dead animal. She hadn’t been particularly hungry but a fresh kill presented by a new subordinate wouldn’t go to waste.

“You will start at Iota,” Heda tells the wolf. The bottom of their ranks. “I am Thuringwethil, you may call me Heda. Gyda is your other leader.”

The dark wolf licks at her lips, washing away any excess blood left behind from tearing into the kill. The warmth her belly gives her eases some of the tension in her shoulders but she doesn’t give herself the time to relax.

“Let’s get this to the caches. What is your name?”

RE: A New Wolf - Faeryn - February 03, 2016

Belle smiled to herself. She had been accepted! And she certainly didn't mind a low rank. She looked at Heta and said "My name is Belle"

RE: A New Wolf - Antumbra - February 07, 2016

Belle takes a moment to enjoy the acceptance but made little move to help bring the elk back to the cache. She barks the female to attention, lowers her head, and gets a big grip of the kill to begin the trek into the territory. They move it into the caches, securing the kill for anyone else that would be hungry, she begins to show the new wolf around.

Fading here!