Wolf RPG
Stone Circle owning more than has been given - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Stone Circle owning more than has been given (/showthread.php?tid=18103)

owning more than has been given - Grayday Sr. - October 03, 2016

Hoping for @Adeline. Day comes back from Donnelaith; 10/4
With Addie's gift held gently in his jaws, Day wandered the territory looking for his smallest friend. Well - he hoped they were still friends. He knew now that he'd been an idiot, and that he had a lot to answer for and that she certainly had a right to be angry. He only hoped she would be able to forgive him so that they could put this behind them once and for all.

He'd certainly never make the same mistake again. He didn't even know why he'd thought teasing her had been a good idea at the time, when she'd been so heartbroken and looking for comfort. He should've been kinder, reassured her instead of saying something that would so clearly hurt her feelings. It was what she deserved from the wolves she trusted. Day had failed her.

Setting down his offerings, Day turned in a slow circle and gazed around the territory. "Adeline?" he called, standing between the birchwood and the stone circle. "Do you think I could talk to you for a minute?"

RE: owning more than has been given - Addie - October 04, 2016

Adeline had purposely steered clear of Grayday since his departure. She had never thought he would tease her for simply trying to do her best to get him to stay. She had feared that he would disappear just as Ezekiel had, something that she had not yet mended in her heart. To have Grayday throw it in her face only served to turn that fear into a broken heart. Not that she would admit that to him. She was angry at him.

So, when she seen his silhouette on the horizon heading her way, she quickly slumped down behind one of the stone pillars. She hoped he would simply move on without seeing her, but then she heard his called for her. Her ears folded on her head, and she was torn between continuing to hide or facing him. She settled for something in the middle. She didn't come out from behind the pillar, but she did yell out. Why? So you tease me some more? she said, her voice hardly hiding her anger. She felt she had been betrayed by him, for the first time in her short life, and she simply didn't know how to deal with it.

RE: owning more than has been given - Grayday Sr. - October 04, 2016

His ears swivelled toward the sound of her voice, but Day allowed the girl to continue hiding, for the time being. He sat down in the grass, shaking his head even though he knew she couldn't see.

"No, Adeline - I want to apologize," he said softly, his voice just loud enough for her to hear. "I should have realized it was a stupid thing to say, and I treated you badly by not recognizing that. You mean a lot to me, and that means I should think a lot more about how my words will affect you before I say them," he explained, his heart thundering in his ears. He felt awful about leaving her like that, and had continued to feel awful every time he thought about what she might think of him, now.

"You deserve a lot better," he said through a tight throat and a dry tongue. "I'm sorry I was rude, and I'm sorry I hurt your feelings."

RE: owning more than has been given - Addie - October 10, 2016

Her ears swiveled as he confessed he wanted to apologize. For a moment, her stern feature fell, and her heart opened just a tad. But, she closed back up quickly, reminding herself that the hurt he had caused was not just superficial. He was right though, that she deserved better, and she knew that. Steady had taught her well what she deserved, and it wasn't someone making fun of how she felt. 

I was trying to get you to stay because I was worried something happened to you, like Ezekiel, she admitted. And you treated me like a child, she accused him. She wasn't an adult, but Adeline had long since stopped being a toddler. She had to grow up quickly, with losing her parents, and her siblings, and now Ezekiel. I feel like I keep losing my family, she confessed. I didn't want to lose you, too. The fact he would make light of that hurt her nearly as much as losing him would have.

RE: owning more than has been given - Grayday Sr. - October 10, 2016

The truth hurt.

Day knew that there was a lot that he could've done differently, but at the time, it'd just seemed natural to run his mouth the way he had. It was an increasingly obvious problem.

"You're not a child," he said at once, his stomach crawling at the very idea. She wasn't a kid, and Day wasn't sure he'd ever thought of her that way. "I know you're not," he continued, voice softening slightly. "Hell, I think we both know who the childish one is between the two of us."

It was hard to swallow. His throat felt tight, especially when she bared her soul so easily. He'd known, of course, what must've been bothering her, but it was one thing to assume and another to hear her talk about her hurts. Day felt like shit - he never wanted her to hurt. Never wanted to be the one to hurt her, but he'd gone and done it.

"You won't ever lose me," he said, tone heated at the very idea. "Addie, I'd - I'll always come back to you. I love you."

Promises fell freely from his tongue, and he never stopped to think how it would be to keep them. If he even could. And it occured to him that he shouldn't be talking to her like this, because no matter what they said aloud, she was still Steady's little neice. Maybe she'd think nothing of his confession - Why would she? - but Day would know. He'd know and it'd burn him up inside.

"But I gotta get my eyes better to do that," he went on, heart feeling weighty and cold. "For you and for... for my kids. For a girl."

He had to fight his tongue to get the words out of his mouth, and then fight it again to keep from taking it back, assuring her that she was his favorite girl, the best. There was no place for that here, and he doubted she needed to be reassured of her place in his life. He was the one that needed the lesson.

RE: owning more than has been given - Addie - October 11, 2016

He admitted she was not a child, and it gave her some comfort to know that he believed that. He even insinuated that he might be the child of the two. She wanted to agree, to hurt him like he had her. But, really, it wouldn’t make her feel good to know he was hurt. If he hurt, she hurt. She was quiet, absorbing his words as he promised that she wouldn’t lose him. She opened her maw to ask how he could assure such a thing, but closed it when he went on to speak of his eyes, and then of his kids, and of another girl.

Her breath hitched. She came out from behind her boulder, her ears perked. You got kids? She asked. No one had ever told her. She didn’t even know he had a mate. How did I not know you have a family? she asked quickly. She felt as if she was looking at someone she didn’t know. They had been so close- there wasn’t anything she didn’t tell him. But, it seemed there was a lot he hadn’t told her.

RE: owning more than has been given - Grayday Sr. - October 12, 2016

Finally, she was lured out of hiding. Day'd known where she was since the conversation started, but it hadn't seemed like a good idea to go and prove it. If she wanted to see him, she knew where he was, too. And it seemed like his talk of kids was just the thing to get her attention - even if she seemed no less displeased.

Swooping down and squashing the tiny spark of hope, pleasure that surged through him, Day hurried to explain the sudden set of circumstances he'd gotten himself into. "No," he said at first, but then - "I don't know. Maybe. I hope so. When Steady sent me to the Fen to make sure Eden was a good wolf, I met another girl, too. And we mated, but I don't know yet if she's going to have any cubs. But if she does... and even if she doesn't, I need to make sure I'm in my best shape. Because I do have a family, Addie," he said with feeling, lowering himself in supplication. "You - you all are my family, and I want to be taking care of you for a long time."

That was the story in its truest form. He'd never lie to her if there was a better option, if he could give her a truth instead. And there was no need to edit this story, no need to cover his tracks or tell her to ask Steady. This was the truth that he owed her, even if it wouldn't forgive him the sin of hurting her.

"You're the first one I've told aside from Steady," he told her, knowing that keeping such things from her was a sin in itself. He figured he had a little leeway with such a personal matter, but he didn't expect her to think that in her anger.

RE: owning more than has been given - Addie - October 14, 2016

She wanted confirmation that he had kids, and when he said no, Adeline's expression clearly changed to confusion. Did he not just say he had a family? Pups? What was she missing? She let him go on, listening to his explanation. He probably went into a little more detail than the young wolf needed, but Adeline ignored some of the finer details, but did look at the bigger picture of it all. 

While he wasn't sure yet if he was going to be a Dad, her expression softened when he admitted that she, and the rest of the pack, were his family. She couldn't help but release the rest of the anger she was holding when he confessed that Steady was the only other wolf who knew, besides her now. 

Now that she felt a little better, she could ask, with calmness, what she wanted to know now. If you're going to be a Dad, does that mean you're going to live somewhere else? she asked. The other female obviously didn't belong to this pack. But, maybe she would come to live here, and Gray wouldn't have to leave at all. 

RE: owning more than has been given - Grayday Sr. - October 19, 2016

It pained him to see the mix of emotions hiding in her pretty face - he'd gotten it all off his chest, now, and the rest was up to her. He couldn't help but worry that it wouldn't be enough, even though he knew Addie was a kind and generous girl. Judging by the fading anger, things weren't going to end in ashes - Day allowed himself to hope.

He let out a breath when her next words held no detectable anger. It was a good question, but not an easy one. "I don't know, greeneyes," he admitted, hoping that this would not throw him back into the pits. "Steady said she could come here, and I'm going to do my best to convince her to come - but I'm not going to force her. And if she stays with her pack, I'll stay there with her," he explained, wanting to say he was sorry but refusing to give in to the urge. Sorry wasn't the right word. "But not forever - I can promise you that. I'll visit whenever I can, and when the kids are grown, I'll come back home."

That was all he could offer, for the time being. He wished there was something more concrete, though it was more for his sake than hers.

RE: owning more than has been given - Addie - November 14, 2016

She was glad that he said he would try to convince the woman to come here. While she had been upset at him, she didn't want him to leave. She would welcome his visits if he did live somewhere else, but she much preferred that he stay here all the time. I hope she comes here, she admitted. Adeline was not the jealous type, so long as she got her time with Grayday. 

She sighed, letting go of the last of her hurt and anger. It wasn't something she would hold on to now that things seemed to be settled between them. She had said what she needed to say, and made her peace with the situation. She was glad he was able to see what hurt her, and she felt confident he wouldn't make fun of her feelings like that again. Approaching him, she nudged his shoulder, a familiar gesture she had developed with him. 

RE: owning more than has been given - Grayday Sr. - November 14, 2016

He wanted to say more, but everything in him felt choked. He loved this girl, more than anything. That was all he knew right then.

"Me too, greeneyes," he murmured, thoughts of Amber nagging but distant. Things like what will happen to us if I bring her here? warred for dominance with I don't think I can leave this behind. He had to - Day knew that - but it was easy to pretend the world would go his way right then. Addie'd forgiven him, and though the feeling of wrongness he always got around the girl was still heavy in the back of his mind, Day was able to find a bit of solace in her touch. "Me too," he repeated, softly and to himself, ducking his head down in an attempt to wrap his neck around her smaller form. Maybe it was a bad idea, but maybe it was the last chance he'd ever get.

And he loved this girl. She was everything to him, even if she could never be... anything. Even if he already had something of his own. He loved her, and when he held her it was to give comfort as much as take. "I'm sorry I hurt you," he said again.

I will never hurt you again. I will make myself worth trusting.

Kind of a clunky post... I think I lost the feeling for it, a little bit XD But you get the point; Day's weird and creepy and weird.

RE: owning more than has been given - Addie - November 29, 2016

I understand! We can wrap this up with yours, if you like! <3

Her expression softened when he said her nickname. She was rather fond of it. Her expression fell a little bit when he apologized again, bringing up the reason they hadn't really spoken. Her gaze went to the ground as she considered it carefully. She wasn't generally one to hold a grudge, but she had also never had a proper apology, and was a little unsure if it needed a verbal response.

In the end, she figured he had been brave enough to say it aloud, and he deserved the same from her. Her gaze went to his. Apology accepted, she said, a soft smiling appearing on her maw. While her heart would take a little while to fully mend, it had begun the process now, and she would not let it fester any longer. She shortened the distance between them and nosed his neck, a physical representation that she had, in fact, forgiven him.

RE: owning more than has been given - Grayday Sr. - November 30, 2016

Wrapping up!
Her words relieved the last vestiges of pressure that'd stopped his throat, and the grayscale male finally regained his sense of equalibrium. It wasn't right, wasn't natural to be at odds with Addie. Aside from being otherwise meaningful to him, he also realized she was the best friend he had right then.

Later on, he'd sink into turmoil thinking about the changes his new status as father and brand new mate might wreak on their friendship. Later on, he'd agonize it late into the night, wondering if he could really do it - if he'd be able to turn his back on Easthollow and his family and his Adeline for some other, lesser girl. Later on he'd wallow in the guilt that came with indecision, and he'd berate himself for acting on the impluse that'd set him on this path.

But for now, all was right in his world.