Wolf RPG
Moonspear An invitation - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Moonspear An invitation (/showthread.php?tid=25733)

An invitation - RIP Valette - February 21, 2018

For @Ayla but of course AW and others welcomed as well!

Valette was quite tired when she reached the borders of Moonspear. But she didn't want to show it. She was not used to being on the move and she missed her family dearly. Still, the female was determined to help her son and give his message to Alya. She kept a respectful distance away from the border and howled for a presence. She asked for Ayla but anyone who would welcome her would be appreciated.

Valette sat down while she waited and admired the mountain. It reminded her a bit of Silvertip yet it was very different in its own way. It was nothing compared to the valley they lived in with its rolling landscape. They were surrounded by mountains, otherwise, they wouldn't live in a valley. She knew that much. She hoped that this pack was as friendly as her son told her they were.

RE: An invitation - Alya - February 21, 2018

Alya was feeling empty and downtrodden. Half the pack had left them - and they'd taken her friends along with them. Somehow, she could not bring herself to be angry. Hydra was angry enough for both of them. All Alya could feel was chilly sorrow and an uncomfortable feeling of regret. She knew she'd been cold to Liffey at first, but then everything had happened and the silver girl had been forgotten in the face of the Cerberus's grief.

Alya wondered if she could have made a difference. Would Terance and Wraen still be around if she'd paid a bit more attention to Liffey?

An unfamiliar howl shook her from her thoughts. They were calling for her, but she did not known the voice. Perhaps it was news of Vaati? She'd not seen him since their last meeting in the meadow, and she'd resigned herself to the mystery long ago. Even so, she shook out her dark pelt and hurried toward the borders, a kernel of hope stirring in her chest.

"Hello," she greeted uncertainly, arriving to find a dark shewolf in place of other figures she'd longed to see. She hadn't known until she reached the borders that she'd been hoping to see the brother and sister that had left them, even though the voice had belong to bother Terance nor Wraen.

RE: An invitation - RIP Valette - February 22, 2018

Valette was soon met with a dark female. The mother wagged her tail gently behind her to indicate that she had a friendly disposition. This female was darker than her and she had pretty blue eyes. She could imagine why Nikai would like her. The greeting sounded uncertain. Valette dipped her head in greeting. "Hello," she greeted in return. "You don't know me but I am Valette. I am the alpha of Easthollow and Nikai's mom," she explained. Hopefully, that would give the female some clarity.

She wondered if she should tell her right away that Nikai was injured. Perhaps that was for the best. Then she could indicate how much she still cared for him. Nikai had admitted to her that they hadn't seen each other in a long time. "Nikai got injured during one of our bison hunts," she explained. "I came here to tell you this, he wanted you to know that is why he hasn't been around to see you."

RE: An invitation - Alya - March 01, 2018

Alya showed no signs of surprise at this statement, although inwardly, she was taken aback. She still thought of Nikai from time to time, but she'd stopped hoping he would remember her some time ago. Their encounters had been long ago and relatively brief, and though she was beautiful, she was far out of his reach.

"I'm sorry to hear that," said Alya, ears flicking back. "Is he alright? I've been meaning to visit him, but... we've been having family troubles." That was one way to put it. At least she could now emphathize with Nikai about lost family members - except that she couldn't, because he was not there, and she was alone.

RE: An invitation - RIP Valette - March 02, 2018

Valette didn't see that much worry as she wanted to see. Or perhaps, expected to see. The dark female nodded. "I heard from a Caldera wolf that there had been attacks from Blackfeather here," she commented with a nod. "I'm sorry to hear that. Are you guys alright?," she wondered.

"Nikai's leg isn't healing so well. We hope that it will be normal one day, but it might never heal properly,' she admitted. "You are welcome to visit Easthollow and stay with us for a few days. I understand it is a long travel, and Nikai really would love to see you," she offered. But the female might not want to stay? Still, the offer would be there.

RE: An invitation - Alya - March 12, 2018

Alya's eyes flashed. "There's been one Blackfeather attack," she said firmly (for she no longer counted Rannoch's as having been against Moonspear), "but the Caldera has attacked us as well. And it was that attack that left my sister dead, so - "

She turned her head away, exhaling a sharp breath. "I'm sorry, Valette. You've come a long way to tell me this - I'm very grateful," she said sincerely, her face losing its professional veneer and falling into lines of weariness and sorrow. "I miss Nikai as well - it would be amazing to see him again, especially if he's feeling bad. But there's been so much going on, and I don't know if I can leave my family right now. There's tension between the packs and one of my sisters is missing, and my mother getting ready to whelp again..."

She hoped Valette would understand. She'd wanted to make a good impression on Nikai's family, and here she was rambling to his mother of all wolves. "I'm sorry. I'm very grateful for the invitation, but... well, you'll give Nikai my love, won't you?" Holy Balls! She'd just said the L word to Nikai's mom! And while she'd already proposed marriage to Nikai himself, this was just absolutely out of line. What was wrong with her?

RE: An invitation - RIP Valette - March 13, 2018

Valette was shocked to hear that the Caldera attacked Moonspear as well. She didn't ask about it further as it seemed to inflict a great deal of pain in the female. Valette just nodded compassionately. To then shake her head once more when the female apologized. "Don't worry, Ayla,' she assured her and gave a friendly wag of her tail. This seemed to be a nice female. "I think you and Nikai are quite the same in that department. He also cares about his family very much so you shouldn't worry. I understand but I think he will understand too," she nodded.

Valette smiled and nodded once again. "I will give him your love," Valette assured her. "It is an open invitation, Ayla. You can always come to our direction and we will give you shelter. There is no experience date so you can come by whenever you have time," she smiled. She liked Ayla and wouldn't mind seeing Nikai with her. "I will leave you to your duties and travel back to Nikai," she smiled then. "Thanks for meeting me!"

You can wrap it up here :D

RE: An invitation - Alya - March 19, 2018

Alya opened her mouth to correct Valette's pronounciation of her name, but in the end, she just didn't have the energy. It was an odd mistake to make, but perhaps Nikai simply hadn't mentioned her enough for the name to really sink in. Either way, Alya didn't want to embarrass Nikai's mom. Hopefully, he would correct her at some point before the next time they met.

"Thank you for coming all this way," Alya aid sincerely. "Why don't I join you on a hunt before you head back? I'd hate to see you leave on empty after going to all this trouble." She didn't feel right taking from Moonspear's caches to feed Valette, since this was Alya's affair and not really the pack's problem, but neither did she want to leave a bad impression on her friend's mother.

RE: An invitation - RIP Valette - March 21, 2018

Damn sorry! I've been reading her name all wrong!! Sorry!! I will wrap it up here <3

Valette gratefully dipped her muzzle at the offer. It was kind of her to offer her a meal. Valette could use some food in her stomach. "I'd like that," she agreed. She liked the idea of bonding a bit more with the female that her son liked. Hopefully, Alya would visit them and make Nikai happier.

Valette let the other female lead the way as she knew these grounds better than she did even though Valette was a skilled hunter she had a disadvantage of not knowing the lands. Plus she usually hunted fairly big game together with a pack. In the end, Valette had a nice meal thanks to the help of Alya. She thanked her once more. She had enough energy now to travel back to her lands.

- end -