Wolf RPG
Redhawk Caldera High in the sky - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Redhawk Caldera High in the sky (/showthread.php?tid=26027)

High in the sky - Sebastian - March 05, 2018

Sebastian needed Burdock Root to fight his infection. He was almost through his stock and he didn't want to bother Raven. He figured she would give him all she had. Sebastian decided that the exercise would be good for him. However, he didn't want to go alone to the outskirts of the territory. Sebastian howled for someone who was around with helping to locate the root and especially, dig it out of the hard ground. Maybe there wasn't any around the territory which would suck. However, he kept hope. Raven had found it as well and told him that it should be around.

Sebastian hobbled on his three legs. He put minimal pressure on his front leg, mostly because he wanted the big scab to stay put and not burst under the pressure. He mostly chewed the roots for internal infections. He noticed that his feverish nature was less, but with that also came the fact that he hadn't seen Andalusia around. He was worried about her. He let out an extra howl just for her, so she could come and help him. If she wanted to. Usually, the female would like that.

RE: High in the sky - Towhee - March 05, 2018

@Orca halfheartedly protested when Towhee insisted her sister accompany her on today's patrol. -They're boring, I agree,- she signed, -and that's exactly why I want you to come.- She grinned and playfully nudged Orca in the ribs. "Please," she added out loud, trying to twist her face into a pleading look. It worked, mostly because it made the other she-wolf laugh too hard to put up any more resistance.

They were about halfway through the circuit when Orca's nose pressed to the side of Towhee's neck. "It's Sebastian," she told the Alpha. "He howled from somewhere behind us. Do you want to...?" She made a circular gesture with a foreleg and then looked at the deaf yearling. Towhee licked her lips and nodded after a beat, so together they turned and headed back in the direction they had come.

"Hey, Sebastian," Orca greeted as they approached. Towhee was too busy eyeballing his wounds to offer a greeting. He appeared to be in much better shape now, physically, but how was his mind...?

RE: High in the sky - Sebastian - March 06, 2018

Sebastian didn't expect two packmates to respond to his call. But in a way, it made sense after all, Towhee would probably not have heard his howl. If she was with Orca then she was probably alerted. The male dipped his head a bit in greeting. "Hey Orca, Hey Towhee," he greeted. He noticed that Towhee was looking at his wounds. Sebastian glanced down at them himself. There was still a big gash but without the puss and bone visible.

"I'm doing better. I just like some more Burdock Root and I can't really dig. I need to chew on it to fight the infection," Sebastian explained. "Would you care to help me? Andalusia seems to be gone for a few days now. Do you know where she went? I think she should rest with her wounds and such," Sebastian spoke worriedly. Now the fever had passed he hadn't seen her anywhere around him, just like the others.

RE: High in the sky - Towhee - March 06, 2018

Only when Sebastian greeted her did Towhee remember her manners. "Hi, Sebastian, how are you feeling?" She watched his lips carefully as he spoke, detailing his search for a certain type of root and how he would need assistance digging. The Alpha and her sister could surely lend a hand, though before Towhee could extend the offer, Sebastian said something that made her stomach go cold.

She exchanged a look with Orca, who mouthed, "Towhee, be care—" But the young Alpha had already looked back to their pack mate to say, "Sebastian, are you sure you're feeling okay? Because..." She didn't believe in sugarcoating things, though she also didn't want to upset him unnecessarily while he was still in recovery. "Andalusia never returned from the battle. I'm not sure what happened to her," she continued, trying to speak softly (but failing because what did she know about tone and volume?), "but she hasn't been here. @Raven thinks you might have been hallucinating because of the fever, ah..."

RE: High in the sky - Sebastian - March 06, 2018

Sebastian slowly nodded when Towhee asked how he was doing. "Better than last time. Raven really helped to patch me up. I think I am strong enough to do it myself now, as a medic," she spoke with a nod. Sebastian then frowned when Towhee continued, answering his other question. His brow deepened. Why would he not be okay? He felt better.

Sebastian's face looked a bit mad when Towhee said that Andalusia never returned from the battle. "That is a lie! Why would you say such a thing like that to me?," Sebastian frowned and looked slightly offended. "I saw her a few days ago. That doesn't mean I am crazy or she never returned from battle," he stated. "I'm sorry but Raven can have it wrong sometimes," he stated stubbornly. "I will prove it that she is here,' he huffed. He wanted to go on that quest to look for her but he still needed those roots. "Once I have the roots."

RE: High in the sky - Towhee - March 06, 2018

She saw his face contort. Towhee resisted the urge to glance at Orca, instead keeping her focus trained on Sebastian. What if he was unstable? She felt her entire body tense. He didn't attack, at least not physically. It was difficult for her to gauge but she imagined he might be shouting at her. Towhee knew she shouldn't take anything he said personally, though his accusation still rankled and it suddenly seemed more important to drive her point home than coddle the Epsilon.

"I never said you were crazy," Towhee said, orange eyes quite direct as they bored into his face, "but I think you were—are—sick. Infections are no joke, Sebastian." She realized she was glaring and did her best to soften her facial muscles somewhat. "Why would I lie to you? About something like this?" she continued, tail giving a snappy little flick. "I wouldn't. I'm sorry, Sebastian, but I don't think Andalusia survived the fight. What do you remember about it?" she couldn't help but want to know, signing the word "you" as she said it, for extra emphasis.

RE: High in the sky - Sebastian - March 09, 2018

Sebastian sighed deeply. He didn't want to believe his new alpha. He was certain he had seen Andalusia. "I don't know why you would," he spoke honestly. It did give him something to think about. Though he didn't feel that it could be true. How could he have seen Andalusia? She had been there next to him.

Sebastian's mind whirled. "I got injured and I was on the ground and Andalusia was there, helping me up. I was slower than Elwood and Whip," he spoke as he remembered. He could also remember the horrible smell of Blackfeather and his painful wound. 'I blacked out most of the time. But I remember with Anda by a river," he spoke then, thinking deeply. "We were trying to get back here," he added. He was certain that Andalusia had made it as well. How did he otherwise get back to the Caldera? All by himself?!

RE: High in the sky - Towhee - March 09, 2018

I wouldn't, she replied in her head, though she didn't bother repeating herself out loud. She could see him beginning to relent to her logic. And although she couldn't hear in the traditional sense, she listened closely as Sebastian recounted that day in Blackfeather Woods.

"It took you weeks to make it back here," Towhee said slowly, "and when I finally found you, you were delirious. Do you remember that day? You were talking to Andalusia, only she wasn't there. Like I said, she never made it back here. I went searching for her. I didn't find any trace of her." If the Alpha had to guess, she assumed the Blackfeathers had somehow gotten the best of Andalusia. They wouldn't have let her live, not after the war. Towhee felt certain she was dead.

She didn't feel the need to repeat that either, though. She glanced at Orca and shifted her weight, looking to Sebastian for more answers.

RE: High in the sky - Sebastian - March 09, 2018

Sebastian frowned and scowled at his paws. He didn't want to believe it. There was no way he could have made it back on his own. "She wasn't there that day?," he frowned. Why hadn't Towhee said so? Sebastian blinked, finding it hard to believe what was the truth now. Maybe his own truth wasn't the truth.

"I will find her," he stated firmly. 'I can't abandon her," he added. "Now... I'd like to find this root. I need it to fight my infections," he stated. If Towhee wasn't willing to help maybe Orca was or he would go and try and dig them up with one paw or something like that. He didn't want to think more about Towhee told him. He just wanted to full on ignore what she said. Anda was around. He believed in it so strongly.

RE: High in the sky - Towhee - March 13, 2018

"No," Towhee said crisply, trying not to lose her patience. "She—" But before she could reiterate her thoughts on Andalusia's current whereabouts, he declared that he would find her. Towhee's eyes narrowed, then softened suddenly when she realized he might actually be referring to her body. She couldn't be sure, yet she hoped that—for his own good—Sebastian would come to accept the reality.

"We can help," Towhee said when he mentioned roots again, gesturing between herself and her sister. "I mean, you find them and we'll dig them up for you."

RE: High in the sky - Sebastian - March 13, 2018

Sebastian nodded when Towhee still offered her help. It seemed that Orca was willing to help as well. Sebastian had a lot to think about after today. Andalusia hadn't been there with him and he seemed to have imagined it. So that was bad, but what concerned him more was where Andalusia was. He hoped that she was alive.

Sebastian just focussed on finding those roots. The male kept his nose close to the ground as he limped forward. After a while, he found the right location. "Dig here please,' he asked. 'I think there are multiple roots," he spoke. Normally with plants, they did grow in clusters.

RE: High in the sky - Towhee - March 20, 2018

Sebastian led them to the spot, then offered up some basic instructions. Towhee was studying the soil when Orca nudged her. She looked up, an eyebrow quirked. "Go ahead and finish your patrol," her sister said. "I'll stay here with Sebastian and help him with the roots."

Towhee deliberated. "Fine, you're off the hook," she grumbled playfully, remembering how much Orca had resisted joining her circuit. Orca offered a shameless grin and then faced Sebastian again, toes disappearing into the earth as she began to dig out the roots he needed.

"I'll see you later, Sebastian," the mercenary said, squinting momentarily at the bob-tailed wolf before turning to resume her interrupted patrol.

Thanks for the thread! :D

RE: High in the sky - Sebastian - March 21, 2018

With the help of Towhee, Sebastian was able to get the roots he needed to heal. It was kind of her to do that for him. He didn't blame Orca for wanting to go. It was rather boring work. Once he had enough he thanked Towhee for helping him. "See you," he wished. The male had a lot to think about. Towhee's words made him realize that he might have been seeing things others weren't seeing. Hence the importance of these roots. They would fight his fever and perhaps also the visions he was seeing.

- end -

Thank you!!