Wolf RPG
Moonspear i'm only young but that was long ago - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Moonspear i'm only young but that was long ago (/showthread.php?tid=26175)

i'm only young but that was long ago - Lucy - March 12, 2018

Set some several days after this thread: click.
Every inch of her ached in a sort of pain that she had never felt. It had taken her well over a week to scramble her way from the plains to the edges of a pack that was entirely unfamiliar to her. Still, the ghoul was far too injured to care much about what might befall her there. The shadow was hungry and rawboned, like a moving specter across the land, but not living. Once, more than a year before, she had been drawn to the edges of another pack in her desperation. She would have liked to have stayed with them, but circumstance was difficult to judge, and the world had a very peculiar way of working its spell.

Pulling herself to the edge of the pack, she peered at it with nerve-wracked eyes and a shudder that passed down her jutting spine. Lucy tried to call out to someone, but her voice only emitted a strange sort of gurgle. Frustrated with her own ineptitude, the ghoul whimpered sadly and waited to see if someone should pass the edge where she sat.

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Dune - March 12, 2018

Dune had been out for an ordinary (or so he thought) round of the borders. The owl tittered at him, but he ignored it. The bird was some weird dumb thing, although he started to suspect it had something to do with the object around his neck. That, the giant growling birds, and the owl had all appeared in rapid succession. Surely they were all related.

As the day wore on, the earth warmed to temperatures not even he had expected. He stayed far away from rivers, worried that they might begin to rush too quickly. He also wasn't sure about the mountain. Wouldn't the snow need to fall off there, too? Dune didn't wish to risk it, so he had taken to the base of the mountain, which was where he picked up an unfamiliar scent on the air.

He followed it, curious, and it did not take much time to track down the loner on Moonspear's borders. She appeared defeated and not in good health. With pups on the way, he did not think her odds of joining them were very good, but he greeted her with a chuff anyhow. His critical gaze lingered on her for a moment longer, then he lifted his head to the sky and called for one (or all) of his leaders: @Charon, @Amekaze, @Hydra.

"Leader here soon. Name Dune. Yours?"

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Lucy - March 12, 2018

The pale figure of another wolf approached her. For a moment, Lucy thought it to be Skwol and her heart skipped inside of her. When he drew closer, she noted the blue of his gaze and she grew disappointed in the idea that her previous companion had vanished from sight. She had left him behind and he had moved on – fittingly – to something better. It did not prevent the hurt from creeping up inside of her. When her mind had finally realized that she was staring at an unknown male figure, she cringed softly and lowered her head as close as she could to the earth. The shadow's tail remained tucked tightly between her hocks, and her gaze was averted from his own. Lucy could not have appeared any more willing to submit. Then again, her limbs did not seem as though they were capable of holding up her dark frame.

The male introduced himself as Dune and she finally allowed her gaze to settle on his face. She could note that he did not seem at all aggressive, but neither had the wolf on the plains. The pallid sentry had asked her for a name and she shook violently before parting her lips to answer. “Lucy,” the young girl croaked. She then looked away from him with shame on her face and she found an anger inside of herself for her own weakness. It was not likely that these wolves would accept her.

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Charon - March 13, 2018

Amekaze's growing belly made Charon nervous and jittery. He could hardly wait for spring to truly settle in so that warmth would be upon them and the pups would have bigger odds of surviving. Especially with their thinned ranks he had doubled his patrols; he couldn't yet properly start the whelping den anyway. He'd just have to work on that extra hard when the frost had finally left the ground entirely.

He arrived swiftly at the borders after Dune's howl. He carried his body dominantly as he approached, ears cupped forward in her direction. As he arrived he quickly introduced himself: "I'm Charon, Alpha. What are you here for?" And waited for her answer.

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Dune - March 13, 2018

She responded with her name, and Dune nodded. Lucy did not look to be in good shape at all, though he could not detect any immediate physical injuries. She seemed... broken, in some way. "Hurt?" he asked, but the fall of footsteps prevented him from asking any more. Charon was coming, and Dune found himself on the other side of a situation he had been in not too long ago. This time, however, there was nobody to vouch for the prospect as Hydra had done for him.

Before Charon was in earshot, Dune spoke quietly to the girl. "Look strong," he encouraged, brow furrowed. It was the only way she had a chance at getting the protection of the pack. Without it, he doubted she would last long on her own, considering her current condition... whatever it was. Lucy would have to feign health, even if she did not have it. Dune took a step back, letting his leader take stock of the girl.

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Lucy - March 13, 2018

Hurt?

The only indication of an answer was a shaky bob of her head. A doleful fluttering of her eyelashes brought her to the point of blackout, but she held her ground just long enough to hear his encouragement to look strong. If that was the requirement, she would surely fail. The pale man of few words – Dune – seemed to fade in and out of her focus. One moment, he was the small red form of Indra, and another moment turned him back into himself.

Another white figure sauntered toward them with authority in his step and a glint in his gaze. Her paranoia made her nervous, turning his gaze into one of cold judgment over anything else. The shadow tried to take Dune's words to heart. She bowed her skull to the scarred wolf, averting her eyes to the left – away from the two of them. Once she lifted it, she held her head as well as she could to appear capable. Dune turned into Indra again, and she was standing on the edges of the Duskvale claim. Charon turned to Saena and the glint in the blue of his eyes appeared to her in the form of burning beryl. She could not tell the Moonspear wolves and the Duskvale wolves from each other; her desperation had carried her to join only two, if Charon would have her. The shadow felt herself sway a bit on her limbs and her hocks throbbed, sending a jolt of pain through her frame that brought her back to her present company and reality.

“My name's Lucy. Here for a home, if you'll take me,” the ghoul answered their Alpha with a gritted jaw. The stub of her tail was tucked tightly to her rear and she could feel it through her spine. “I'm not all useless. Sneaky as a fox, quick as a hare,” she tried to bolster herself.

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Charon - March 14, 2018

There was something off about the girl. He hadn't noticed it until he came close enough to look for her eyes, which seemed to have a hard time focussing. But maybe she was just avoiding eye contact; it was hard to tell. But something was off, and it left him a strange feeling in his gut. Dune was already there and Charon nodded at him. He cast the pale male a questioning look, wondering if he'd been here long and if he knew what to think of the girl; if he noticed anything off, too.

Turning attention back to the girl, Lucy, Charon listened to her request to join them. 'if you'll take me' and 'i'm not all useless' weren't exactly big selling points, and Charon wasn't quite convinced. "You should work on your pitch," he said coldly, though his words were accompanied with a brief grin. It was hard to tell whether he was serious or joking there. "Why do you want to join Moonspear specifically? Can you hunt?" He wasn't too sure what 'sneaky' would give him. Charon'd never really been the sneaky type of wolf and he wondered if her sneakiness would help her in hunting. He wanted to just ask 'what is wrong with you', but for now waited a bit longer to hear what she had to say. He was on edge with the pups nearing every day, which meant they could use more good wolves but now wasn't the time to take in useless wolves.

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Dune - March 14, 2018

There was a brief moment of recognition on her face, and Dune was glad she had heard his words. She attempted to look healthier, though Dune did not think Charon would be so easily fooled. It was still worth a shot. The alpha shot him a questioning look, but Dune only stared back with a shrug. Although four of their strongest members had left them, Dune thought it foolish to turn away somebody who might become a strong member, just like himself. Gannet was here at Moonspear even though he had been the enemy, and his loyalty was clear. Perhaps Lucy could become strong, too.

The blue-eyed wolf allowed himself to settle on his haunches and take in the conversation, but he did not interrupt. This would be Charon's decision and his alone. Dune would be unable to help Lucy, even if he'd had some motivation to do so. Perhaps his only motivation was a selfish and instinctual one: she was a young female, and Dune was not completely devoid of the desire to have a partner to bear his children. The more options at Moonspear, the more options for him.

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Lucy - March 15, 2018

The larger male did not seem as though he was impressed with the ghoul. Lucy would have been lying if she had stated that she didn’t feel the sting of his words. She still felt like the same lost little girl who had wandered too close to the Duskvale territory and had begged for a home instead. The shadow had grown, but her insecurities still bled like raw wounds. So, when she was instructed to improve her pitch, the dark girl winced softly and nodded her head. Self-depreciation had always been an easier strength to land on for her. Dune remained silent while the scarred male eyed her with a deep blue that reminded Lucy of the ocean. The grin he provided did little to ease her nerves.

A few questions followed his remark on pitch and she drew her ears up to meet them. He asked why she had wanted to join Moonspear, which she could only assume was the name of his pack. Then, he wanted to know if she could hunt. Not sure how to respond to his first question, Lucy nodded her head in an attempt at some confidence. “I can hunt small game well. Rabbits, otters, the sort,” she assured him. There was an attempt at a small smile on the corner of her lip that vanished as soon as it had brushed her face.

“And… Moonspear? I s-suppose because it’s close to home.”

Neverwinter Forest had been more of a home to the ink hound than the Caldera had been, so she was not lying, but she was not sure she had very much fondness left for the forest pack. The ghoul then fixed Charon with eyes that were trained to his neck; she did not wish to challenge his temper by breaking the appropriate submissive state of her body. Lucy was fearful of him and even of the kinder wolf – Dune – who sat to the side. She knew that she would need to increase her chances of acceptance. She was no longer the broken whelp who had washed inland and found a home by fear alone. Lucy needed the support of a pack and she had not been picky about which.

“Really, your pack smells strong. I thought I needed my best chance to survive; I will help – in any way you see fit – to make sure Moonspear stays strong.”

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Charon - March 15, 2018

Dune offered no opinion, which disappointed Charon somewhat, but perhaps he had only just arrived, too. He turned his attention back to Lucy then, considering Dune had clearly passed the welcome panel stick over to Charon now.

Small game was good enough for now, for she could at least keep herself alive that way. Maybe Dune could help her engage in some more of the pack hunts he had initiated. Charon saw little problems there, though he did not want to bump his nose to the door again like he had with Rannoch when he took him in looking not the best. Of course, he had been wounded and Lucy mostly seemed struck by the strength of winter to him. Maybe she'd been on her own for some time.

Her biggest reason for choosing Moonspear was, initially, that it was close to 'home'. This ruffled Charon's fur the wrong way, for he didn't want her to consider any other place than Moonspear 'home' if she were to join this pack, and he had an inkling what nearby pack this might be... "Home?" He narrowed his gaze and said, "Redhawk, then..? Do you still consider it home?" He wasn't sure if it was Redhawk but even if it was a different pack then the question still stood. He didn't want any wolves that didn't consider his mountain to be their home from then on.

"What about after winter, when you are strong again? Do you intend to stay?" Regardless of the outcome of the former question, he wanted to be sure that Lucy was here for the long haul, and not just to freeload off him and his family until she decided she was strong enough to make it on her own again.

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Lucy - March 15, 2018

Permission to skip over Dune granted. <3
The Alpha seemed as though he were a serious fellow, and the same was easily said for his pale companion. While this caused a flare of uneasiness in her, the dark girl gritted her teeth against the stern nature of their leader and bowed her head a little further. She was naturally and unassuming little thing, but she willed herself to appear more so. Lucy remained that way until he inquired about the pack she had considered home.

It would make sense that Redhawk Caldera would be the first he would mention, but she sniped him with a sharp pair of blue eyes before she looked away and breathed deeply. The last one hadn’t asked her for her history; Duskvale had only wanted to know that she could hold her own. The inky young thing shook her head in response and then responded with, “no, the forest, but it does not stand anymore and those who were in it are now long gone.” She knew; Lucy had searched the grounds for signs of stragglers when she had returned to the wilds and had found nothing. Their scents had long since faded away from the territory.

Then, he presented her with a hypothetical question and she did not like the sound of it. She was bruised and beaten, missing her tail, and raped until she had bled. Lucy was still caked in her own blood and his spilled seed, and she was being asked if she would hold true when the winter months had left them. It struck her as a calculating inquiry as opposed to one of care. That was all for the best; she did not want those around her to care.

“Once the winter has faded, I will be here.”

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Charon - March 16, 2018

Any looks she might've given over Redhawk's mentioning were missed, as he was pleased enough to hear that she wasn't a part of the pack. "Neverwinter Forest?" he wondered in surprise, though he had considered it long gone. If she had come from there, whose child was she? He realised how poorly a view of the surrounding territories he really had, these days. With Silvertip and Neverwinter gone, there were no longer other packs he allied with and it left them more vulnerable. Perhaps had this happened years ago Charon had cared more -- or perhaps made her his thrall because he knew she had no choice if she wished to survive -- but after recent betrayals Charon was at his coldest as he faced the girl. The survival of his family and progeny were at the forefront of his mind, and only those that he considered family or could consider such, in due time, were welcome here now.

She more or less promised to stick 'round after winter and he nodded then. "Okay. Welcome to Moonspear." The scent of blood in his nostrils, Charon added with a thin but genuine smile: "Let's get you something to eat and drink, and let's have our medic have a look at you, first." If they wanted to make a good pack mate out of her, they'd need to take care of her first so that she could heal and mend. Charon lifted his nose and called for @Lyra, requesting her to bring some food from a cache as well as requesting her presence as a medic.

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Lucy - March 27, 2018

I was leaving time for Lyra to join but I think we can fade this and I'll see if I can get one going with her. <33
It seemed that her vow was taken well enough, and the large scarred wolf accepted her into his home. At the mention of food and drink, she felt how thin and broken her body was. The shadow thought it was a surprise that Charon would even allow her into his claim with how she must have appeared. Something had granted her a modicum of luck and she was taking it without question. Moonspear was her new life and she was willing to stay there as long as she could to regain her strength and to repay her debts to the pallid brute who ruled over them. Charon mentioned that she would need a medic to look at her, and she nodded her head softly in agreement. “Thank you,” the ghoul muttered with a glance away from the Alpha. With that, she followed him wherever he might lead and kept herself glued close to his side.

RE: i'm only young but that was long ago - Charon - April 05, 2018

sounds good :) i'll fade!

Lyra did not show up right away, and after a moment of pause Charon decided, "We will go find her." He nosed Lucy's shoulder briefly before turning 'round into the territory to look for Lyra, so that the wounds of their latest joiner could be taken care of.