Wolf RPG
Bramblepoint Strength comes from the good things - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bramblepoint Strength comes from the good things (/showthread.php?tid=27421)

Strength comes from the good things - Siarut - May 26, 2018

@Wraen hope this works :P

Sometimes distance help him easy his mind. He loved his family, more than he would ever admit, and perhaps more deeply then even he knew. But with his drive to protect them sometimes it was to much for the man to take. Every once in awhile he need time to himself, he need to take a walk. 

Which is how the ice bear found himself here, in this dark, crowded forest. The under growth made it difficult for the large man to conceal the sound of his footprints. Looking at his paw and then back to the ground, Siarut took his time. Practicing the art of silent walking until he could get it right.

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Wraen - May 26, 2018

The white beast might have been better at silent walking than Wraen, but he did not have an advantage of a secret hideout in an old willow-tree. The only giveaway to the fact that this was not just another tree in a forest full of trees was the fact that this was a total misfit. A-a-and that through an inconspicious hole at the foot of it, a person Wraen's size could easily squeeze through and make it to the top, where the trunk and the branches formed sort of a nest and a solid footing.

Therefore she - hidden by the smaller branches and leaves - caught sight of the pallid stranger first. And there she remained, watching him carefully and, unless he lifted his head to look up, he would miss the gray muzzle and the green eyes of the wolf, looking down at him.

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Siarut - May 26, 2018

He had no notion of secret hidding spots hidden in the trees. He was still very knew to the very idea of trees. The 'trees' he was used to were more like medium - large sized shrubs. Siarut had never had any reason to be wary of things hidding in the trees. 

He did pause though. He felt eyes watching him, again. This wasn't the first time someone had watched him, andhe doubted it would be the last. Sniffing and looking around he tried to find the eyes that were watching him.

Imagine that you are the worst thing anyone could meet in the woods at night. This had been a playful advice from Osprey, when Wraen had been very small and had gone through the fear-phase. It had not helped much then, because of her hyper-awareness of every sound, movement and shadow around her. But later, when she had got used to traveling on her own, this was something she humoured herself with. 

So did she do now. 

Wraen too had experienced the uncomfortable feeling of being watched by invisible eyes, but for the first time in her life she was the one, who was watching. It gave her a sense of power - of limited scale, definitely - but still. She had time to analyze her observations and make her own conclusions about the character below. Had it not been for a crow, who decided to land on a branch right next to her and give it's signature "caw-caw-caw" song, she would have remained there without drawing any attention to herself.

The forest remained as quiet as it had been moments ago. He was almost ready to move on and dismiss the feeling as his imagination, when a crow startled him out of his observation. His head lifted to the sky to find the bird landed in a tree, once more he almost dismissed it before he found the mirrored green gaze looking at him. He blinked a few times to make sure he wasn't seeing things, and raised a brow at the canid.

"Interesting hidding spot." His accent flowed thick and heavy, his command of the common tongue was impressive, but he couldn't shake the northern accent. Perhaps with time spent in these Wilds Siarut could soften his tongue a little more.

Had Wraen met the other wolf, standing on the ground, she would have had some difficulties maintaining the "I am the worst-thing" mantra, because it was clear from afar that this guy was larger than her, tough and fit. All in all - her only chances of survival were on her quick feet. That is - if the situation were to become bad. Now - she was stuck in a tree and she was rather sure that he would not be able to pass through the entrance to her hiding spot without getting stuck.

"The best," Wraen replied with a cheeky smile. "What brings you to the Witch's lair? Passing through? Came for a favour?"

Siarut was perplexed by the woman in the tree. Not only had he never seen a wolf in a tree but he had never encountered a witch before either. He stayed on his guard checking over his shoulder to make sure there were no others, before returning his own green gaze to the girl in the tree.

"You're a witch?" He couldn't hold his disbelieve from his voice. "And what do witches do exactly?" He was very new at this, and so sought out the facts.

The man seemed genuinely surprised and he had agreed to play the game without even knowing it. Wraen's smile grew wider - they were going to have a lot of fun. At least until he got annoyed and walked away.

"Practical witch stuff," she replied without giving any specifics of, what exactly was the things she could do. Secrets were important to hold. "A word of advice then - treat them nicely and do no harm. Or... there will be a reckoning," she let the words sink in, then went on. "So - since you have trespassed into my lands, tell me, who are you, where do you come from and where are you heading to?"

Practical witch stuff....

That was very explanatory. Sia gave a small smirk, and shook his head. 

"Treat who nicely? I treat eveyone nicely." There was no denying the sarcasim in his voice, "Well..." Sia gave a shrug, "most of the time." He probably wasn't nicest person around, but he sure as hell wasn't the worst. 

"Tresspassing? I apologize if I have tresspassed, perhaps you should scent your borders more securely." Tresspassing was no joke where Sia came from, the north could be a treacherous place with limited resources to go around pack woulf fight tooth and nail for land rights. It was also a convienent way for him to avoid her more nosey questions. "I am Siarut Iyaroak Ateneq." 

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Wraen - May 27, 2018

Wraen chuckled at him denying that he had anything to do with being nasty. Though it was a joke, something in his voice did not convince her completely and for the second time today she was glad to be up there and not standing on the same level he was. 

"Don't step on the witch's heels then," she returned. "Rights to the lands are esatblished differently among the witches and do not involve peeing and pooping in a circle to ensure that everyone knows, how stinky you are or what you ate for breakfast. Lack of knowledge does not free you from a responsibility and consequences for that matter," she continued, because in her opinion borders weren't just a fixed invisible line that you could either walk over or stay behind. No - they were flexible to a certain point. Not all agreed with her on this though. 

"Wraen of The Hedge witches," she gave her own name. "Two out of three you covered - where are you heading?"

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Siarut - May 28, 2018

He couldn't help the laugh that sprung from his snout at her ridiculous statement and drop his head as the laughter rumbled though his frame. "Fair enough." Siarut nodded his head with a smile still present on his maw. 

"I am headed no where. Merely out for a walk to clear my head. Is that a crime now dear witch?" He lifted his head again to catch the eye of the tree witch. "It looks as though you've laid an impossible trap for any walkers by. How are we to know that we tresspassing?" He shruged at the end of his query, and his voice remained light and amused with no anger hidden in the words.

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Wraen - May 29, 2018

Siarut's laugh sounded sincere enough and Wraen relaxed a little (though still glad that she was nowhere near him - it would be very difficult to pull off the witch trick on him, when standing eye-to-eye). 

"Impossible - nay," she shook her head, "purposeful - maybe. It might occur to you that the witch's web is laid out to catch those, who walk without much thinking and having a good look around." 

"Now - that you are caught - you have a choice between telling me a story to impress me or guess three riddles correctly," Wraen offered. "You can - of course - walk away or run off, but I would not do that, if I were you. Who knows, what could happen..."

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Siarut - May 29, 2018

He weighed his options. She kept her distance, meaning she probably didn't want to hurt him, and so he quickly dismissed any malicious intent. 

Story. Or Riddle.

He was by no means an artist when it came to the common tongue. If the story were in his language he had no doubt that he could indeed impress the claimed witch. So he decided perhaps his wit might carry him forward. 

"Alright Wraen of the Hedge Witches, I shall hear your riddles. I have fallen into your webbed trap and now must pay the consequences. I will answer your puzzles correctly." He took a moment to settle his haunches upon the ground, getting comfortable, as he let his certainty sink into his statement. "I am Siarut, if my name holds any interest to you." The ice bear offered his name hoping it might lessen the difficulty of the query.

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Wraen - June 03, 2018

Siarut agreed to Wraen's rather childish terms and played the game according to her rules. Even if he had the opportunity to take charge of the situation. This said something about the person she was involved with no, though it was hard to tell now, whether it was a bad or a good thing. He had a sense of humor, which was a favorable trait, however, who knew, how long would his patience last to humor with a wolf, who was perched up in a tree.

"Very well then," she replied and fell silent, for a moment, going through the imaginary cabinet in her mind, where all of the riddles were stored. "What goes without feet and never comes back?" she asked eventually.

Disclaimer: these and the following riddles are not my inventions.

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Siarut - June 04, 2018

Siarut quickly realized that perhaps this was not the best idea. He wasn't an idiot by any stretch, but word problems were definetly not his strong suit. He stood underneath the witch, and waited with baited breath as her question came forth. 

He didn't deny that he was a little nervous, but he tried his best to hide that fact. He too took several moment to think of an answer. 

What goes without feet and never comes back?

He thought it through, rolling the letters over and over in his head. He couldn't think of a reasonable answer and so he gave a hugh guess.

"Is it the Air?" 

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Wraen - June 10, 2018

The answer Wraen had had in mind was "Time", but Siarut's suggestion was not bad as well, especially, when some brain cells got the hilarious spark of it, making the very serious and oh-so-important witch burst out in a fit of laughter. With tears still in her eyes and still chuckling, she cast a glance at the white brute and replied: "Incorrect, but I give you some credit for creativity."

"Next one - who flies without wings and roars without a throat?" she asked, smiling, trying to keep her face straight and then giving in another smaller fit of chuckles.

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Siarut - June 10, 2018

The brute gave a noticable frown and dropped his head slightly at her laughing fit. He was not good at this, and silently wished for his Tahani, or even the clever Shivali, hell Tomkin could probably charm his way out of this one. He looked up with a dejected smile at the creativity points. 

He perked up at her next riddle, "Oh, oh, oh!" Siarut called, excited to know that answer, at least he hoped he did. Although he wasn't sure he was allowed to guess the same thing twice.... oh well. "Air! This one has to be air!" He couldn't hold his accent from peaking through due to his excitement.

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Wraen - June 13, 2018

"You are a one-size-fits-all kind of guy, eh?" Wraen asked, when the white brute used the same answer for her second riddle. And though it was also not entirely precise, he had almost hit the target this time. 

"Well - the answer is storm, but because of it being a current of air, I will accept your answer. Good job - now prepare yourself for the third and the last riddle," she told him smiling and suppressing laughter effectively. Somehow she had got the feeling that her amusement upset the fellow.

"All of us have it ahead of us every day, but we never see it - what is it?" she asked. If he answered "air" to this one too, she had a very real danger of falling down that tree from laughing.

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Siarut - June 20, 2018

His frown deepend as he was once again proven wrong, he had been so confident in his answer last round. He had already lost the game, the first round had forfeited any victory he might have had. As he last question settled his imidiate thought was air once more. Said answer had failed him twice before, but he was so tempted to use it once more. Third time the charm, right?

Lifting his gaze back to the woman in the tree, he raised his brow once more. "Air?" Sia answered her question, with another question that served as an answer. Perhaps he wasn't as dumb as he tought. Although he could feel his frustration growing as the time stretched on.

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Wraen - June 21, 2018

Perhaps, Wraen had been mistaken in her initial assessment. Siarut was not one-size-fits-all... maybe he was simply not the sharpest stick in the drawer, when it came to riddles. And this one was so easy and obvious. The answer was future and yet the man opted for "air" again. The self-acclaimed witch had to press her lips hard together, not to burst out in another fit of laughter. She did not fancy falling down, really, didn't. 

"I give up, brave soldier," she said after a long silence, keeping back the chuckles and her abdominal muscles aching from the suppressed effort. "You were wrong again - but be gone with my blessing. You did improve my day by a big measure after all," she told and smiled at him kindly. With that said, she winked and disappeared from his sight, retreating to her hideout and hidden by branches and leaves. 

Lovely thread - thank you! These two should run into each other again. :)

RE: Strength comes from the good things - Siarut - June 24, 2018

Siarut grumbled at getting the answer wrong once more. But he realized quickly that it wasn't all bad, she would let him go. Although he had a feeling there wasn't much she could do if he had decided to leave long ago. At least he had made her day a little better. Just as quickly as she had appeared she disappeared, and slowly he too turned. Turning toward the way which he had come, he returned home. Midly confused by what had just transpired.