Wolf RPG
Blacktail Deer Plateau you wanna tell me that i meant nothing - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Blacktail Deer Plateau you wanna tell me that i meant nothing (/showthread.php?tid=27932)

you wanna tell me that i meant nothing - Max - June 20, 2018

this place was starting to grow on her. everything was so still and peaceful. the forest offered great comfort and prey. and the company was very much appreciated. she felt at home for once.

the skies were clear that morning, which allowed the sun’s rays to dapple the forest floor. max hummed as she strolled around aimlessly. she plopped down by a bolder heated by a pool of light. the warmth caused the yearling to drift into a light sleep.

RE: you wanna tell me that i meant nothing - Kalganov - June 20, 2018

tagging @Speedy for reference

He was on the hunt for something worthy. Part of his plan had been finding something good to eat once he found somewhere to settle. Not to mention he already had an extra set of paws to work with too. If he could just herd something back to the small female or even grab her in time for them to catch something, they would be golden.

His stomach gave a small grumble of protest but he ignored it, pushing on further. He thought he spotted something up ahead. It was lounging against a boulder and...oh. It was merely another wolf. That was disgruntling. But he could turn this into a fun time.

Kalganov made sure to approach from a side that would hopefully offer him cover as he scaled the boulder. Once on top, he would peer down at the (hopefully) still slumbering girl. Oh little deer. He cooed softly with a bittersweet voice.

RE: you wanna tell me that i meant nothing - Max - June 20, 2018

she couldn’t hear nor smell anyone approach, so when the guy spoke she, for lack of a better term, freaked the fuck out. her claws dug into the earth and her head whipped from one side to the next, then upwards. towering above her was a stranger.

holy shit” she rasped as she stood to face the male, “you scared the fuck outta me.” note to self: never sleep in the open again.

Girls seemed to have a habit of cursing around him he noticed. Whether it was to him or just in speaking seemed to differ. It was sort of interesting but he didn't dwell on it long.

He stayed on top of the boulder as she stood. Lazily he laid down and peered at her with two pale green eyes. Shouldn't make yourself so open. There are far crueler creatures than me who surely would've gobbled you, little deer. He gave a small click of his teeth for emphasis before a sly smile replaced the action.

a look of suspicion crossed her features. was that a joke or a threat? her muscles tensed up for a moment, but she relaxed again and brushed it off as a joke. for now at least.

she laughed and blew a raspberry. “i’ll jot that down for future reference,” she scoffed. “so what are you doing out here?

Usually it was him asking that question but it was a bit refreshing to have such a small shake up. Just making sure no one eats you while you slumber. The sly smile was still present on his face. Perhaps he should have startled her more but it was obvious he had done enough upon waking her.

And what about you? Surely there's something better to do than make yourself a sitting duck. Kalganov figured if she didn't have anything better to do...well, she must live an awfully boring life.

she wanted to say something along the lines of ‘thanks but no thanks’, but she bit her tongue. instead she just laughed sarcastically. if anything were to try to eat her while she slept, she could handle it. maybe. ok maybe not but that didn’t matter.

yeah i uh...” in all honesty, she didn’t have anything better to do but he didn’t need to know. “i just wanted to rest before i went out to hunt. gotta be energized y’know?

RE: you wanna tell me that i meant nothing - Mallaidh - June 20, 2018

Having the other girls to consider is like a pack without any restrictions. They didn’t mark borders or answer to anyone and no one seems to complain. Ashe wakes up and sometimes all four are there, sometimes not—sometimes she simply spends the day with herself, or Varinril, be regardless she keeps tabs. Or tries to. If they’re working together as a group, they have to take care of one another, and though nothing binds them, they can create their own.

Mallaidh wanders off from the lake for a while, following the scent of their newest companion. She doesn’t know much about her because I haven’t replied to the other thread, but she stuck around with the rest of them. Her tail idly sways back and forth and her nose twitches when someone else is noted, mingled with her friend, and so her steps speed up and she comes upon Max and someone else. Her last encounter with a male hadn’t been pleasant but Varinril’s reaction had been strong and confusing. Naturally, her fur bristles, but their tones and stature doesn’t seem very aggressive so she eases into view with a skeptical eye on the stranger.

“She’s not a sitting duck,” she chides, licking her lips, ”I was just looking for a prey trail.” She glances to Max, right?, before back toward him.

There had been one and now there was two. He didn't quip back despite knowing full and well that little deer had indeed been a sitting duck. He had come to the scene first and proven that. This stranger didn't need to know that, though. Now that he was outnumbered there was no point in stirring the pot either.

I was going to do the same actually. Had hopes of bringing something back to my friend, she's a little thin and could use it more than me. Truth be told, Speedy was just fine as far as he could tell but they didn't need to know that. Perhaps we can find something together? Split the rewards? The young male asked with a raised brow.

she sighed in relief when mallaidh came to her aid. she felt safer knowing that the stranger was outnumbered. so if he was planning to do anything to her, that possibility was slim to none now.

she quickly nodded her head before turning back to the stranger. he made a proposition that sounded interesting. she didn’t trust him, but the reward was too good to ignore. “wouldn’t hurt to try.” she glanced at her friend, wondering what she thought of it.

RE: you wanna tell me that i meant nothing - Mallaidh - June 21, 2018

Mallaidh does not let her eyes drift from the male, even when Max moves a little. Slowly, she closes the distance between her and her newest comrade. Her large form and thick fur easily dwarf the girl but she isn’t going to leave her alone with this stranger. Not after the situation with Varinril and the wolf that attacked her. She’d gotten rid of him, she can get rid of this brute too.

He is still polite, despite the weird feeling that settles into her chest. She offers Max a single glance as she considers the opportunity to have more bodies to hunt. But there are four of them and one stranger. Two of them could easily find something but how is that fair to the other two? Should she even bring them up? Extra numbers make them look better than two scraggly loners.

“Fine,” she says after a second of consideration, looking to her friend for confidence. “We’ll help. There's two more of us I can call,” she adds, more as a warning for any funny business the stranger had in mind.

RE: you wanna tell me that i meant nothing - Kalganov - June 27, 2018

He didn't know why the stranger was looking at him so much. He hadn't done anything wrong. Perhaps she found him handsome like he truly was. Too bad she wasn't his type. Yawn.

Moving on.

A brow raised, now suspicious of the two females. Kalganov let a soft hum of thought escape him. Four of you and one of me seems extremely unfair. How do I know four of you won't just take it all for yourself? He spoke with a deep frown. Kalganov had excelled at the pouting face as a child and even now in his yearling ages.

I'll try my luck elsewhere. He said as the frown faded as quickly as it arrived. The dirty figure of Kalganov would began to move off, aiming to take the long route back to where he had come from. Before he was out of earshot he called out to the one he had first met. Until next time, little deer. With that he was gone.

RE: you wanna tell me that i meant nothing - Max - June 29, 2018

he wasn’t happy to hear about their extra numbers and rightfully so. they could easily overpower him but she saw no reason to do so, nor did she have the desire. but she couldn’t speak for everyone though. “your loss,” she called as he began to make an exit.

she turned to mallaidh and smiled. “well, i’m never sleeping out in the open again.

RE: you wanna tell me that i meant nothing - Mallaidh - July 01, 2018

Tag for references, want to fade out? :)

A breath of relief rushes through her when the stranger decides it’s not worth it. She doesn’t move or offer any attempt to get his attention in return, letting him depart on his own. It isn’t until he’s gone that Max turns to her and she turns back, waving her tail a little with a smile. “Probably smart. At least not without us around,” she says, stepping forward and licking Max eagerly across the face. “But really, I’m hungry, let’s get @Saarthal and @Varinril and find something to eat?”

RE: you wanna tell me that i meant nothing - Max - July 09, 2018

she smiled nodded her head in agreement. “sounds like a plan,” she hummed before walking forward. the two bounded off in search for the other girls.
very short post to wrap this up