Wolf RPG
The Sunspire You say goodbye, I say hello - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Sunspire You say goodbye, I say hello (/showthread.php?tid=3416)

You say goodbye, I say hello - Danica RIP - July 18, 2014

@Amekaze I figure we can do the fight IC, sparring takes a while ^^ if you are ok with that! We can each just control however much damage we want them to take =D

Edited to take captives into account! I am going to make it so this happens between the last thread with fox and when Danica returns to report the captives missing. This no longer makes much sense timeline-wise the other way lol

The sun was quickly fading as Danica made her way silently towards the peak that was becoming increasingly familiar to her the more she, for lack of a better word, invaded it. This would be her third time crossing these borders since joining Swiftcurrent Creek (and probably not her last). The first time, however, she had found a location that she wished to investigate more if possible.

She could have brought backup, but she figured a single wolf would get through undetected much easier. Nor did she ask permission to come here. Fox had given an open invitation to loose hell on the rival pack and she was prepared to take full advantage of that. She wasn't going to go about it quite the same way, though. Pissing on the borders was well and good but she was in for a more sabotage approach. So instead of stopping when she reached the edge of the territory, she plunged in, crossing the border and breaking into a swift run.

She figured if she stuck to the less scented areas she would have less a chance of meeting someone. Even less than that would be the chance of meeting more than one. She wouldn't mind a fight but she would rather not have the fiasco that had occurred with Fox's intrusion. Three to one was not the odds she had in mind. Her purpose here was dual as well.. She was hoping (without much optimism) to come across either Leaf or Magpie while there. If she didn't then at least her presence here would show them that Swiftcurrent wasn't going to leave them there without a fight. She wanted to strike a victory against them as retribution, hence attacking their winter stores, but she would also stay in these lands until she felt she had done all she could to free the members they had taken.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Amekaze - July 19, 2014

yup that actually works best for me i prefer writing it out tbh :D
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Evening was settling, deepening and darkening, so accordingly, Ame was coming truly to life about now. Her prime hours always came a ways after dark. This was the habit she was in lately. The nighttime seemed to attract her attention all the more. With so much going on recently it was not always easy, though.

She was busy familiarizing herself with some of the newer scents around the Sunspire, those of wolves she had yet to meet so that when she did encounter them, she would know a little about them. Her nose was low and her gait was relaxed -- as there was no reason to hurry. Amekaze was certain she would encounter them soon. If not by chance, by sniffing them out herself. While she trusted Ferdie and Jace's judgements on what wolves could reside here, she still wanted to check them all out herself. But instead of Sunspire wolf, even a new one, a glaring problem offended her senses.

The scent was fresh and she was swift to a run. She could waste no time on a pursuit for although she had questions, there was a pressing matter at hand here.

The Swiftcurrent wolves were insistent on trouble. She grew tired of it but.. to find one seemingly alone, she wouldn't let this chance pass her. Gaining speed across her familiar turf, she knew she was nearing and had already gathered which Creek wolf was responsible: probably the one next to Fox she'd expect, one that had made an appeared at all three of the encounters Ame herself had been to. She had no name to call her by but the Eta's eyes were readied to catch glimpse of a tan hide. Frustration boiled her blood and her silent approach drew closer.

When she saw her first, Ame began to arc a path at a sprint, to intercept the wolf from the side if she could. She wondered where she was going exactly however it was bound to end here. Without a word, she turned her own path, veered, and lunged teeth first for her shoulders or side with all the momentum she had mustered. The message was clear. Leave.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Danica RIP - July 21, 2014

Sunspire wolves were more on top of things than she had given them credit for. Danica heard Amekaze an instant before she struck, for she was coming on fast. She tried to twist, avoiding the teeth, but Ame still struck her like a steamroller, knocking her off her feet. Sliding to a stop, she leapt up, snarling. She would have some nasty bruises tomorrow but she planned to leave some real marks in return. She would do extremely well in sending a message back what happened when you screwed with the Creek.

Without pause she charged back at the other wolf, teeth bared. She leapt, aiming her teeth for that pretty face. Let her go home with some scars to think about.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Amekaze - July 22, 2014

<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

If she could halt this wolf's invasion, that would be a start. Already she had traipsed too far onto their mountain and for this, her patience was nonexistent. Ame was tired of it.

In other interactions with Swiftcurrent wolves, she had not seen to them alone or been the first one to encounter them. This was a little bit different than what she had come to expect from their lot but she would greet it all the same. Loosing a low rumble of a snarl as she knocked the other off her feet, she pressed forward imposingly with her tail up high and teeth showing.

The Creek wolf wasted no time with retaliation. Ame lunged back at her, so not to make for a stationary target and met the brash, head on charge with one of her own. With teeth aimed at her face, she only dodged narrowly to keep them close together and not be forced to derail her own offense significantly. An angry mark smarted across her cheek already and she bent her head down low afterward. She snapped her own jaws for the other female's chest, or tops of her legs, hoping to use her withers and raised hackles to deflect further attacks for now, while she pressured the Creek female's balance.. in theory.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Danica RIP - July 25, 2014

Danica felt satisfying contact with her attack and rejoiced. Her opponent had managed to avoid some of the damage, however. Danica's victory didn't last overly long as Amekaze attacked her legs and chest. A snap to her right leg connected, the very same one that Ferdie had gotten on her last venture here. She cursed as again flesh was laid open, this time a bit more substantially. Her mobility would be a bit more impaired. Off balance and carrying herself with a limp now, she decided to take advantage of the female's nearness and reared up, attempting to strike her shoulders with both paws in order to bring her to the ground. The impact would hurt whether she missed or not.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Amekaze - July 26, 2014

She had not taken the time to realize where all this female harbored past injuries, and could not recall from the past altercations how it had fared for her. Ame and her had never matched up, one on one such as this, but it would appease her to know she had torn into a place where Ferdie had once done the same. There was little time to revel in these small victories, though.

The beige Creeker was on her in response, rising up over her and Amekaze had little space to avoid anything, so braced for the inevitable impact which buckled her legs beneath her. She crumpled to the ground, grunting as she anticipated the bruises that would settle there in the hours to follow, and worked to weasel her way out from underneath Danica as quickly as she could so not to provoke further damage in the meantime; she did not like being off her feet.

On her way by as she began to gather herself back up, she snapped her teeth at the other female's underbelly as she lunged to her feet suddenly. Somewhat vulnerable as she was in the moments following being offset, it was imperative to her that she keep an offense, even then.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Danica RIP - July 31, 2014

Danica was right... the impact hurt. Though she had the satisfaction of flattening Amekaze to the ground, she hadn't anticipated the pain that the shock would visit upon her newly injured limb. Biting back an exclamation, she reared up as Ame rose and struck at her. Her teeth barely grazed Danica's underbelly but she knew it had been a close one.... such a wound would have kept her under far longer than a simple leg would.

Now on the defensive, Danica hunched, moving around in a circle and seeking an opening. This fight wasn't going nearly as well as she had hoped and Danica was tiring quickly. She needed to end this soon or it would not go well for her.

Never one to think for too long, Danica made a swift lunge for the female's side, attempting to rip into her hide and leave her with at least some sort of a mark.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Amekaze - July 31, 2014

Pain prickled from her shoulders and she bit back a wince as she lunged into motion so suddenly. She gathered her stance quickly and the Swiftcurrent wolf was keen to keep her on her toes. Amekaze bristled, and looked to read the motions before it was too late. There was little time, so she went reeling around the intruder in an arc. Let her get close and let her have it, the Eta braced for what was sure to be painful.

This would have to stay brief and something would have to give soon. Endurance would wane quickly in the company of such sacrifice, but Ame saw it as the most effective way. They were well-matched here yet this wasn't enough; she needed to seize the clear-cut upper hand. This was her turf, and her pack. For it, she would bleed.

Teeth sunk into her ribs and she did all she could to mirror the motion with enough force, jaws aimed for the other female's side to dig deep and wound purposefully. If lucky enough, she might unbalance her or perhaps even force her away violently, but Amekaze's strength would wane soon (especially if she became more bloodied) -- this couldn't go on forever.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Ferdie Von Pelt - August 01, 2014

Ferdie Von Pelt's ear twitched, the wind came up behind him, carrying up sounds from below, he sat idlying enjoying his brief moment to himself as he stared at the goat trails on the hills trying to discern the best way to attack and draw the goats to a devastating death with less effort.

His ear flicked again, before his brain understood the sounds he heard his voice screamed Ame!! He wheeled around and barreled like a bull moose toward the sounds of battle.

As he broke upon them with all his 180 pounds His bared wide open teeth allowed for the sound of a deafening roar to escape him, NO ONE hurt His Ame The swiftcurrent bitch would not leave this mountain alive if he could help it, not this time.

Ferdie didn't bother to slow down as he aimed to slam into Danica with high hopes of grabbing her pelt before sending her flying. Aryn would appreciate the Flying lesson he was about to give.

If he came into contact with Danica he knew he'd be sore tomorrow the repressive shocks would set him off balance if only for a minute and if he did grab her she wouldn't fly very far he'd be open for counter attack. These thoughts didn't ring in his brain his only pure thought was "Protect Ame Kill intruder"

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Danica RIP - August 02, 2014

Amekaze's bite connected solidly with her side, a good chunk of fur and some flesh coming with it. She got some back, however, her own snap also connecting. They were too even... something had to give. Amekaze had better defense, though. Danica had never been great at reserve or keeping a level head in a fight. She tended to compromise her own safety if it meant getting a good offensive attack in.

As happened now. Danica was aiming for another attack, her teeth angling for the other wolf's shoulder, when Ferdie hit her like a freight train. Danica was sent flying, landing heavily a ways away. As her injured side hit the ground she cried out, but thankfully she was so winded that it came out as more of a gasp. Small victories. He had managed to take some fur as well, though his bite did not break the flesh. Unsure as to the extent of the damage but feeling the pain of each gasping breath, Danica rolled to her feet as quickly as possible and leapt for the border. She couldn't hope to face both her opponent and the Alpha; Ferdie's presence changed the game completely. As her wounded leg hit the ground it gave way, forcing her to roll. Gritting her teeth she ran as fast as she could, hoping that they would just let her go. She couldn't dream of outrunning them in her current shape.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Amekaze - August 02, 2014

She hoped to rip and tear whatever she could, and the tangy taste of blood burned onto her senses. Ame snarled through her own grimaces; she knew her she would have an ugly slice to deal with on her own side, too. What she didn't see until he was on the scene was Ferdie's sudden arrival, which negated her need for major defense the second he barreled into her opponent. She had been too wrapped up in only Danica to see him coming.

Amekaze steadied herself, and then remained bristled as she spat the stray hairs from her mouth. The Swiftcurrent wolf did evidently possess some shred of good sense, for she did not engage the two of them together and instead took off. Relief followed, but she could not yet glean any satisfaction; they'd been well matched, and Ame was not without her own wounds to remember this by.

Doing her best to ignore the smarting ache in her shoulders and the wound carved into her side, she jogged after the fleeing wolf, just to ensure she made it all the way past the borderlands and beyond. Amekaze couldn't muster a full on pursuit, not one that she could hope to accomplish anything with, so would at least see her out. She shot Ferdie a stormy look, one compelled by the rush of the fight, and was curious if he would chase. The dark female doubted their unwelcome visitor would linger after that though.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Ferdie Von Pelt - August 04, 2014

Ferdie picked himself up spat out her hair with practiced ease, to bad he didn't get a hunk of flesh to add to his Swiftcurrent Creek pelt collection.

He roared as he bolted after Danica stopping pointedly at his boarders for this wasn't a war he wanted, he just wanted them to go away and stay away. He howled his anger at the sky but also imprinted toward the not so swift, swfitcurrent bitch, That he didn't stray past his own boarders he didn't need to.

Ferdie jogged over to Ame secure in the fact the intruder was gone and he slid his body ever so gently along her less injured side and nuzzled her behind her ear affectionately. Checking for any more wounds then the one on her opposite side across her ribs. Ame are you alright? He breathed, his heart crying out in outrage that she got hurt in defense of his choice of pack lands, even if it was thoughts of her that helped him choose these lands to begin with.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Danica RIP - August 04, 2014

Alrighty Danica's out! You guys can post again if you like or just archive ^^ thanks!!!

Thank heavens they weren't looking for a kill today. Danica flinched as the roar of the Alpha reached her ears, certain that he would follow and tear her apart. When she crossed the border, though, and heard no further pursuit, a shudder of relief passed through her. Adrenaline kept her on her feet a bit longer, but she was tiring quickly, and soon would need to find a place to collapse and regain her strength. One thing was for sure; she needed to get back to the Creek as soon as possible to tell her packmates of what had transpired. Presumably Fox had already filled them in, at least she hoped. They sooner they got Leaf and Magpie back the better.

It was too bad she had let herself get injured here. If things came to a fight later she would have liked to have had another go at them. In this shape, though, she'd be lucky if she even made it back home in time to see any of it.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Amekaze - August 04, 2014

ahh thanks! i enjoyed this hehe

She pursued, too, but not with the same energy Ferdie did. Ame jogged along after him in case the wolf decided to make more trouble and didn't raise her voice any, instead opting to stew angrily as adrenaline began to fade from her bloodstream. This made way for tiredness, although she tried to will it away for now.

The intruder did not return and instead, faded into the horizon past their boundaries. Amekaze slowed herself and huffed tiredly. The scent and taste of the Creek remained, much to the dark wolf's displeasure, and she decided she could go for a good long drink and rinse then rest after this. Although, she had yet to take a look at her side.. knowing she didn't really want to.

Ferdie moved to her side and she let him without objection. She accepted his affections and normally, might have been a tad more eager to return them in some way. Instead she fought the desire to lean some of her weight onto him and rumbled tiredly in response. Mm, fine.. she murmured in an effort to soothe his worry. Her shoulders and her ribs ached most of all but she would survive. I need a drink, she declared with a wince and a wrinkle of her nose; the taste of Swiftcurrent was troublesome.

I do not know what she intended to do, but I only caught her.. sprinting on in... she growled as she delicately stepped forward, wincing again thanks to her shoulders. Amekaze intended to seek the nearest creek but figured Ferdie ought to know the circumstances here, not that they were full of details.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Ferdie Von Pelt - August 08, 2014

Ferdie Von Pelt gently sniffed the wound and licked this angry edges, cleaning the wound for as long as Ame could bare to let him. Ame thank you for keeping our home safe from her, she's been one to cause us grief from the start right? who knows what she might have done had she gotten in unnoticed, as it stands we still should recheck the caches for tampering

Ferdie planed on picking a female to be his alpha female in the spring and so far Ame was proving herself invaluable, he trusted her judgement but would she even want the position. The thought of raising pups with Ame made his heart beat faster in his chest so much so that he found it hard to breath all the sudden. Perhaps that was his own adrenaline coming down. Ferdie panted softly.

When she asked for a drink he nodded staying at Ame's side walking with her toward the creek. They walked in amicable silence, a fond silence that was not in the least bit awkward. Ferdie allowed her to set the pace. He caught himself eying Ame and only when he realized he was eying her he decided he was checking her gait to see if there was a limp. yes that is what he was doing...right?

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Amekaze - August 09, 2014

Ame stayed quiet, trying not to fuss any when he cleaned her wounds. She knew this would feel much worse come tomorrow, which she was already not looking forward to. To his thanks, she nodded a small nod. The caches were among her concerns as well although she did not suspect her to have successfully tampered; her paws weren't dirtied, but that was not to say for certain. One of their trouble-makers, yes. She came with Njal, but I do not know her by a name. Amekaze would be remembering her face for a great span of time to come. The wounds served a grim reminder, too.

She made her path towards the nearest water source dutifully, comfortable in the silence spanned between them even with her careful, aching gait that showed her present weakness -- which this alone may have prompted her to shoo many others away from her at a time like this. She did not like being this way, wounded and worn, but he was a clear exception. Ferdie was officially the companion she'd had the longest, and maintained any sort of bond with over the months that passed. Others she had met (and liked) as a loner, like Akhlut and Xi'nuata, had long since gone away. He remained.

Or, was it that she remained with him? She glanced sidelong at him briefly, but the scent of nearby water drew her attention away.

Ame reached the source, took a long drink then dropped her haunches tiredly to the dirt at the creek's shore. Water dripped from her muzzle and she angled her head to look at her side, sighing at what she saw, bloodied and marred. Then, she peered to Ferdie. You know, it may have turned uglier had you not arrived.. she was a decent foe, although she leaves worse for the wear.. she grumbled and grimaced, knowing she would spare no mercy. It was kill or be killed. What will.. you do now? she asked and fought a yawn; he surely had better, more productive, places to be than with her. I may be staying near here. I tire.. she added in a quiet voice, looking away from him then.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Ferdie Von Pelt - August 12, 2014

Ferdie Von Pelt watched ehr turn away from him but could not bear it, he drew close her and sat behind her so close he could almost feel her against his chest.
There are others watching the captives, had they been settled in quicker, I would have gotten here sooner. Ferdie proved in that sentence that he was blaming himself for what had just transpired. That and the fact he had tarried at the boarder with a neutral wolf before sending her away made him feel guilty.
I need to just wait and see if they will send Fox in exchange or if Fox will be smart enough to return herself? there is nothing more I can be doing other then boarder patrol which is tighter then ever thanks to Fang and yourself

Ferdie sighed softly May I stay here with you for a moment and collect myself He prepared himself for a rebuttal and to be ready for to make work else where even though he also found himself dieing for just a few more minutes with her. Since his heart break with Fox and the long ago from far away Kosses he had hoped to dash away his heart and burn it, he hated how it was so torn and abused. But no mater the walls he put up around it, it kept trying to escape.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Amekaze - August 13, 2014

She licked her lips, still a little thirsty, so moved to get another drink. All the while, she listened. There was blame on his words. It was practically tangible. Ame's ears splayed. 'Smart' and 'Fox' hardly belong in the same sentence, she replied, but it was what she hoped to have happen too: for Fox to give herself over in exchange so they may have their rightful captive, instead of these.. pups she had ditched here. However she remained skeptical. As you said, we are doing all we can.. time will only tell, she sighed. The days that followed were bound to unfold in curious ways.

She settled next to him with a soft huff, and reclined to set her head on her paws. She would work on tending to her injuries later on. Right now, she didn't have the motivation. Of course, she answered softly. Ame wouldn't deny his company. If collecting himself here was what he needed to do, then so be it. She provided her silent support, and wished there may be more she could do to help. If he needed quiet, she would give it. If it was an ear to listen, she had that too. Whatever it may be. Collect away. I will be here.. all eve, she said and found the taste of the Creek finally having faded was a relief.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Ferdie Von Pelt - August 19, 2014

Ferdie moved to the creek and lowered his front end lapping at the cool surface, Just being close to her gave him a great sense of relief. Ferdie chuckled I suppose I am setting my hopes to high then. Those two words were rather hard to put in the same sentence Fox was smarter then everyone gave her credit for though she would end up alpha of another pack. The problem was that Fox was only smart when it came to her own end game and nothing else mattered to her.

Ferdie moved over to Ame's side and lay down beside her, not holding onto any more posturing. He shifted on his side and stretched himself out with a elongated sigh. Lay with me? The time was coming he'd have to choose a mate and alpha female. He was worried about that to. even though these thoughts should be far from his mind at a time like this.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Amekaze - August 21, 2014

She didn't want to think about Fox, or the Creek she had once been a part of, or any of her lackeys with their penchant for trouble and apparent fondness for terrorizing those of the Sunspire. She just wanted to forget about them, if only for a little while. Her eyelids were heavy and body too tired to care about them, or even much else at the moment. She had time to consider them and everything else later on when she was much more alert and vigorous; tangling with Danica had taken it out of her for now.

Nevertheless, to Ferdie, she rumbled a quiet mhm noise and while her agreement was not very verbal, she didn't make any effort to move away -- so it was clear in that way instead. Amekaze settled, shifting herself until she found the sweet spot of most comfortable. Here against him, she would relax quickly, despite the achiness. There was nothing to worry about.

For however long she could manage, she would lend him her ears if he had anything to get off his chest. If not, silence was fine with her. The green-eyed female remained unaware of his innermost struggles, or what weighed most heavily on his mind regarding his alpha duties, but for whatever it was worth, she was here for him now.

She eventually let her heavy eyelids fall shut and would doze off in time, leaning slightly onto him as tiredness dredged her down.

RE: You say goodbye, I say hello - Ferdie Von Pelt - August 21, 2014

Ferdie Von Pelt listened to her breathing as it even out and sleep claimed her, he didn't move he didn't try to groom anything he just let time wash over him, a sense of peace in a time of turmoil. Eventually he to drifted off to sleep Ame's body keeping him content and warm. when the early morning light began to ink the horizon Ferdie very carefully and silently skirted away; returning with a fat hare setting it close to Ame but not so close as to wake her. Ferdie then disappeared deeper into the pack lands back toward the captives, he needed to discuss with them their leader and their fate