Wolf RPG
The Sunspire sun coming up on a dream come 'round - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Sunspire Mountains (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The Sunspire sun coming up on a dream come 'round (/showthread.php?tid=60399)

sun coming up on a dream come 'round - Nephele - March 27, 2024

there is a flame to the sole of her feet, the gentle blaze a kindling in her steps. mountain-born, she called to the cliff side as if greeting an old combatant. stone, greyscale, a storm cloud rolling in. this peak reminded her of a land not forgotten.

chilled from the peak's breeze, nephele took to a grotto nestled along the nook of her path. moss-ladened and damp, she sought the driest of what the hollow offered. huddled against the drafty wall she watched as tears fell from heaven's cage.

and in the solitude of the summit's shadow, she thought of a family left behind.

RE: sun coming up on a dream come 'round - Inanna - May 06, 2024

Inanna, too, thought of familiar faces grown distant with time. Of the family she'd found in the wake of disaster, now many miles behind her as well.

Her time had still not come.

She, too, sought shelter. Her fur would protect her from the elements, and she feared no wolf or other beast. But she felt so small there in the open — so lost and so alone. She stole away to a place where she might not feel the world was so empty, and there, came across a rare beauty.

"Oh — " She was startled, but she regained her composure almost at once. "My apologies. I sought shelter, but I will not take it from you."

She lingered, though. Hoping her company might be invited by the other.

RE: sun coming up on a dream come 'round - Nephele - May 08, 2024

a voice cuts through the soft patter of rain and nephele lowers to her head to look at the figure now stood by the grotto's entrance. she is silent for a moment before parting her lips to speak, "there is enough room for two." she shifts herself to allow room for the stranger to press against the wall beside her before casting her eyes back to the rainfall.

her toes wiggle awkwardly beneath her; she was not one for small talk, but silence was too uncomfortable to bear in such an enclosed shared space. "what brings you to the peak?"

RE: sun coming up on a dream come 'round - Inanna - May 08, 2024

"Ah! My thanks," the girl cried, all too eager to throw herself into the offer. She was compact, and she did not take up too much space as she settled herself against the opposite wall. She let out a soft sigh of relief — not for her escape from the rain or cold, which truly hadn't bothered her, but for the simple pleasure of company after far too long on her own.

Her head turned toward the woman when she spoke, her answer at first only a sleepy-sounding, "Hm?"

And then, "Oh — it is only my natural inclination, I suppose. To seek high places. But they have not served me much lately until now!"

She was bone-tired now that even the smallest level of relief had been allowed to enter her system, but she livened quickly into the conversation. She offered what she hoped was a winsome smile, finding herself breathless at the idea even as she joked: "If you take me home with you, I will not have to comb peaks any longer."