Wolf RPG
it must be this way - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: it must be this way (/showthread.php?tid=6634)

Pages: 1 2

it must be this way - Runt - January 02, 2015

for @Mara !

Runt lied inside the sandy little cave. She sighed. Her ankle felt a little better than before, but without proper healing it's advance in health would be slow. She hoped Mara knew some healing or someone who knew healing. She was currently feeling a little lonely in that cave. She glanced at her ankle. It first it looked okay, until durther observation. You could tell something was a bit off with the bone. She hoped in wasn't completely broken, just fractured, cracked or something. Hopefully it would be okay soon....

RE: it must be this way - Mara - January 02, 2015

Set after Mara leaves OS, and set outside of OS borders :P

It was over. She was out, gone, never to be seen again. Conflicting feelings of freedom and loneliness filled the young wolf's head. But she had Runt, so everything would be okay. On her way back to the cave, the little warrior had thought about what she would do. Slowly, a plan formed in her mind. It was slightly evil, and seemed unlikely to pull off, but it was worth a try. But first she and Runt had to get away from here.

Her paws pounded through the cold snow as she sprinted towards the cave where Runt was resting. They had to get away from the borders as soon as they could. Apon finally reaching the mouth of the little cave, Mara stuck her head inside the entrance, her storm colored eyes adjusting to the darkness.

"Runt! Are you alive?" she hissed into the cave, joking. But then she realized just how serious the situation was. She had to get an injured pup out of a cave and to another safe spot before nightfall and the sun was already starting to sink. Time was running out.

She rushed into the cave and gently nudged Runt's side, her eyes questioning. "Can you walk? If you can't I can try to carry you. If that will work... But anyways, we have to go. Like right now." Mara spoke quickly, her words coming out in a jumbled mess as she tried to get Runt to her paws.

RE: it must be this way - Runt - January 02, 2015

"Yeah, brah," She chuckled as Mara came in. But Runt noticed something on her face... Something was wrong. "I'll try. But go? Go where? Don't ya have a pack ta be at or somethin'?" She asked, her face looking confused. Slowly she lifted herself up, not without ankle pain of course. She begun to try and walk, although she had to hold the leg up to her chest. The rest moved effortlessly on the ground. Without the fourth leg her walking seemed slightly off, but it was okay. "I can walk." She said, walking slowly and cautiously towards the cave entrance, glancing back at Mara for answers.

RE: it must be this way - Faline - January 02, 2015

@Mara @Runt Am I okay to assume that she may have caught wind of Mara and runt leaving? Or perhaps she shall just be hovering around the borders?

On the borders of a familiar territory, the rust red fae hunkered down in the snow with a huff, bemoaning once again the ocher genes that made her stand out so vividly against the winter snow. In the summer, her coat lent her the ease and camouflage many wolf's that coped in winter did not achieve, as her mix of browns and reds blended so brilliantly into the dusky summer haze of flowering trees and browning grass.

So, with only feathers left in her teeth, she had given up on the hunt entirely. She was only just off the borders, about 30 paces or so, so she was at least safe there for now.

Ugh, on my tablet which sucks. And also, I gotta sleep, night! And yeah, you can have her smell them if you want ;)

Mara chuckled darkly at the mention of her pack. "Ha. That pack will be nothing but ashes when I'm done with it. I'll explain more when we get away from here." She said with no trace of humor in her voice. She fliched when she saw the pain on Runt's face and was quick to move closer so Runt could lean on her shoulder if she had to.

Together they stumbled out of the cave and Mara quickly glanced around, looking for a place they could take shelter for a while. It didnt mater what it was, as long as it was sheltered from the cold winter night and far enough away from the spine borders.

Lifting her nose to the air, she quickly caught the scent of another wolf. Groaning inwardly, the russet girl helped Runt limp towards the scent. Better to confront the wolf head on rather then have it attack them from behind. She just hoped it wasnt a spine wolf.

After pushing throught the snow a bit, she finally caught sight of the wolf. It had a thick red coat similar to her own and walked gracefully. Happy that it wasnt one of her old pack, Mara called out.

"Hey you!"

She glanced up nervously as Mara said her next words with no humor. Hmm. Something must of happened. But she would ask Mara more later. It made her feel weak when Mara came next to her, as if she didn't trust that Runt was strong enough, as if she thought Runt needed a shoulder to lean on. Ha! Runt could walk without help. But she leaned on Mara anyway as they walked. She glanced up towards the source of the scent, a wolf. "T'sup?" She called out for no reason to the reddish wolf. Simply encouraged to call out because Mara had.

RE: it must be this way - Faline - January 02, 2015

As soon as the scents of two wolves had become apparent to her, blowing in from the direction of the pack territory, Faline was on her feet and completely alert. If these were wolves meant to scare her off from the pack territory, she had to be ready to run- as nimbly and swiftly as possible in the opposite direction. But instead, out of the gloom came a wolf clothed in red shades similar to her own and a smaller tan-grey wolf, seemingly barely out of her pup stage and a young juvenile most likely.

She stood her ground as the two approached, each calling out greetings of sorts, though there was notes of panic in the red-shaded fae, an urgency. "Yes? I assume you mean me. The name's Faline." She surveyed them carefully, noticing now the limp on the older fae's foreleg and the obvious signs of a fight. It looked, from all the signs she saw, that these two had been kicked out. And she said as much, in her own snarky and blithe manner of speaking.

"What did you two do to get your hides kicked out 'ere?"

Mara was relieved when the female showed no signs that she wished to attack them. One less thing to worry about. But the small red girl squared her shoulder and held her chin up high.

"That my friend, is where you are wrong. We weren't kicked out, well sort of.. But not really!" she tried to speak confidently, but her voice wavered a bit in the middle before coming back to its full tone. "Lets just say, the new alpha of the pack is a fat bitch who has a grudge on me because I almost shoved her head into the dirt." she huffed, recalling the fight that she still ached from. The need to make Cara fall to her knees at Mara's paws flowed through her body and pushed her to move on.

Looking carefully at the russet wolf in front of her, she wondered if she would be an ally. She needed wolves to help her take the crown from that wrenched bitch.

"What about you? It's awfully cold to be out here all alone, especially with night falling fast." she inquired, her grey eyes watching the she wolf's green eyes to see if they would share any information on her thoughts.

She glanced down at Runt who was standing confidently and watching the wolf as well. Mara admired her strength. She had been through so much and she still found it possible to trust the one who had injured her.

After Mara spoke, Runt piped up. "I'm not from a pack! I'm a lone wolf now." But she glanced up at Mara, her gaze questioning. Was she a lone wolf still? She noticed Mara was trying to get this lady on their side. Perhaps she was a lone wolf, but perhaps not for long. Of course, she didn't know that yet. She'd have to ask Mara exactly what was going on. She noticed she words new alpha and her. So that meant Mordecai was no longer alpha. So someone new was alpha now, and Mara had a problem with her. Well, she would support Mara in the decision to bring down whatever jerk was running the Spine that Mara hated so much.

RE: it must be this way - Jade - January 02, 2015

Jade melted away from the thick underbrush where she had been watching and listening for the past couple minutes. She padded gracefully toward the three faes, her tail wagging and expression open. "Greetings" she said softly. "Have you encountered a bitchy alpha as well? They seem to be running rampant."

She sat, gazing at the three wolves. She tucked her tail over her paws, looking down at the healing foreleg. Some packs were perfectly friendly, while others...not so much. Perhaps this one was one of the not so much packs.

RE: it must be this way - Faline - January 03, 2015

Faline surveyed the two wolves in front of her, seeing the truth in the red coated fae's story and she definitely understood the anger she was feeling. But that was the thing about anger, you could never let it corrupt you or take over your life. In the process of ruining another, we often ruin ourselves after all. She nodded to the question aimed at her and sighed, wondering what she would tell these two. She didn't speak of her past but instead, let it be and often gave fractions of the truth.

"I had been hunting turkeys around here but I could not for the life of me catch one. Just feathers and it is extremely irritating. I'm a loner though, have been since a bitchy alpha, aka my mother, kicked me out of my pack because she felt threatened." And so the bitch should have been, taunting a clearly younger and stronger fae.

She nodded a welcome to the approaching earth-toned wolf and grinned at the impertinent question. "Aye, rampant is the word from bitchy alphas."

RE: it must be this way - Mara - January 03, 2015

Mara was surprised when yet another wolf appeared from the snow covered woods. She seemed friendly and seemed to bare the scars of a tyrant as well, so the over cautious girl welcomed her into their conversation with a elegant dip of her head.

Noticing Runts confused look, she knew that she would have to explain a lot. Not only had she come into the cave in a panic, telling Runt they had to leave immediately, but the blood that was dripping from her fresh wounds was staining the snow beneath their paws.

The adrenaline from the earlier fight was slowly fading from the young wolf's body and she slumped slightly against Runt, instead of holding her up. She knew they need to get somewhere safe, and fast.

Turning back to the two others, she spoke with a hint of urgency in her usually calm voice. "Well, it seems we have all suffered from the rein on bitchy alpha then." she barked, trying to make a joke even though she could tell that her energy was dropping low. The sting of her wounds reminder her of her original mission.

"Listen, it's not safe here. At least not for us... I know it's a lot to ask you since we just met, like less then a minute ago, but I need help. There is something I need to do and I can't do it without help. I will explain everything as soon as we find somewhere safe to spend the night. But please, just consider it." she said, cutting to the chase. No doubt this would make Runt even more confused, but time was running out. She glance at each wolf in front of her, her eyes steely but still showing a faint hint of pleading within their stormy depths.

RE: it must be this way - Runt - January 03, 2015

Runt had also. Her jerk slavemaster had been the alpha. He was a jerk. He often had his slaves tortured, in general all the slaves were treated terribly. It was a miracle Runt had survived. Then Mara confused the kid even more. Okay, she seriously needed to start explaining soon. And she needed these wolves' help? With what? Her face twisted in confusion. "Mara, ya seriously need ta explain some stuff, and pretty soon. You're confusing me, brah. You're makin' so many generalizations that it's as if ya didn't wanna tell me, man. Start explainin'." She said quietly.

RE: it must be this way - Jade - January 03, 2015

Jade looked over the bloodied fae. "You need herbs" she said softly, springing to her feet. She stalked forward, looking over the girls wounds. She didn't ask where they came from, that story could be told another time. "I know which ones. You find a safe place, I will track you there." Before turning tail, the fae added. "You can trust me" The aspiring healer raced off into the woods, searching, her nose pressed to the ground. She didn't know why she had so suddenly pledged herself to aiding the fae. Perhaps it was because she hated seeing another in pain.

RE: it must be this way - Faline - January 03, 2015

@Jade Are we waiting or continuing on ahead? Not sure if she is still here...?"
Sniffing the oncoming breeze, Faline coughed and drew the attention of the two remaining wolves to herself. There were foreign scents of the wind, though they each had the same scent and that often meant pack wolves. If they wanted out of here, then they needed to act fast.

"Yes, but for now we have company incoming and I think our questions had wait for later. Preferably when we aren't about to run for somewhere safe." She glanced around and wracked her brains for a place to stay but so far, there was nothing.

"Do you guys have a place in mind? If not, I know a few abandoned dens and such about an hour away."

RE: it must be this way - Mara - January 03, 2015

Sorry, my posts are ginormous :3

The red coated girl smiled thankfully at the second she wolf who offered to find herbs for her. As for Runt, she glanced down at her worriedly, but was interrupted by a scent on the breeze. Spine wolves. And they wouldn't be friendly. Before the little warrior could say something, the other russet wolf beat her to it.

An hour away would be too far, there was no way she and Runt could make it that far. But she smiled a little bit when the wolf asked if she had anywhere in mind. Because she did.

When Mordecai had first stepped down from leadership and Cara had taken his place, the crimson girl had started doing some exploring of her own. One afternoon when she was particularly distracted, she found herself nearly falling off the edge of a cliff. An extremely long drop had been only one step away.

She had looked down into the valley and what she saw amazed her. The white fish river ran along the bottom of a lush river valley hundreds of feet below. Caves speckled the walls and tall trees reached up towards the sky. From her vantage point she could even see some deer grazing in a little meadow by the river. It was like a secret paradise that no one had ever discovered before. The only problem was, she had no idea how to get to it.

But now, she was sure that's where they had to go. And if the deer had gotten down there, then there had to be a way. She nodded to the woman in front of her.

"Yes, actually. It's not far from here, but the trick is, we have to find a way in. I can explain more on the way." she assured them, turning to Runt in particular. The idea of the valley spurred a little more strength into the girl and she turned towards their destination, turning to see if the female would follow.

RE: it must be this way - Runt - January 03, 2015

Well, at least Mara knew where they would stay. Runt was not up for an hour of limping around. Mara mentioned a way in. So it was something they went into. Runt turned to face the same direction as Mara. She was the lady's loyal follower and friend. She would follow her to this place, and then hopefully shelter there. And maybe the female who said she needed to heal Mara could help her with her fractured bone. And then everything would be all happy and la-tee-dah... Right?

RE: it must be this way - Jade - January 04, 2015

Yep, just skip me for a bit.

Jade is still searching for a couple more herbs.

RE: it must be this way - Faline - January 04, 2015

A way in? She caught the language and phrasing the fae had used, an interesting way to put it and it brought to mind the idea of having to go down into something. Could the soon to be alpha wolf be thinking of settling in the White Water Gorge, it's slippery slopes lined with thousands of tunnels and cave systems.

She paused for a moment, feeling as if she hinged on a precipice of something extraordinary but with great courage, she pushed through her trepidation and turned to follow the two wolves, dogging their footsteps and she felt the companionship growing on her ever so slightly.

RE: it must be this way - Mara - January 04, 2015

Okay @Jade and we actually have to describe how they discover it in this thread to make it work :)

Mara felt warmth blossom through her as both Runt and the other red-furred wolf fell into step with her. Despite the wounds that marked her body, a small smile graced the aspiring alpha's face. What she had been planning would be possible after all.

As they started padding through the trees, the small crimson girl took a deep breath. Time to start explaining.

She released the breath and started to speak, her voice strong. "Alright, here it goes. When I first joined the spine, I was happy. Then when I was out hunting one day, I saw someone sitting under a tree, sheltering from the rain. I asked her for help and she got all pissy about me being below her and that I couldn't ask her for help, because she was too important. And of course I couldn't stand for that, so I told her that she was acting like a total stuck up bitch. And that's when it started. She lunged at me, and I fought back. I was so close to beating her, showing her that she couldn't tell me what to do, when she grabbed my leg and ripped it open. That's why I have the limp." she explained, picking up her leg and showing them the silver scar that still hadn't fully healed. It still hurt when ever she ran.

"Anyways, when that happened, I couldn't do it anymore. I didn't submit of course, not to that bitch." she said, smirking at the memory of Cara's enraged face. " So I just took my turkey and left. This was all before I met Runt, but that is a whole other story." she shook her head, trying to get back on subject.

"Later on, our old alpha, Mordecai, stepped down. And you can just guess who took his place. Her name is Cara, by the way. Anyway, her mate, the beta, called me and her to the lake to talk. He gave me two choices. Submit or leave. And there was no way I would live under her rule. No one should have too. But I couldn't leave them without any souvenirs, so I said some nasty things and they got pissed, and attacked me. I did pretty well, if I do say so my self. I left them with a few scratches and escaped with only a few myself. And that brings us here! My plan is take her down, into the mud where she belongs." she finished with a flourish of her tail and a deep intake of breath, her eyes scanning their faces, watching for their reactions.

RE: it must be this way - Runt - January 05, 2015

Runt listened with dull eyes as Mara spoke about her situation. To her it kinda just sounded like some girl who had a grudge on another girl, seemingly unimportant. But that was just what it was, and it was important, and Mara was rebelling and taking back control. Well, more like just taking control. She'd never really had it. Runt let out a quiet grunt of approval as she continued limping after Mara. She made sure to stand side by side with her friend as she walked.

RE: it must be this way - Faline - January 05, 2015

Faline listened with an attentive ear to the story being told by her fellow red wolf, shaking her head at the pure stupidity of this 'Cara'. No wolf was higher, unless you were an alpha or a beta. That really was it. And for pack mates, one should help another regardless of position, that was her honest and uncensured opinion on the manner.

"I am sorry for your trouble, I truly am. Such a series of unfortunate events should never befall any wolf but worry not, trouble shall come to those who incite trouble against another. This Cara... She is the one who leads the pack who must fall?" Faline smiled a sharp grin, a frightening look in her eyes and her smile was fraught with the danger she could bring to her enemies. She licked her teeth slowly and thought of the revenge they could wreak, holy and just and almost crowed in fulfilment. Yes, yes. This would work. She let her expression say her words for her, though she soon continued. "I am glad you escaped unscathed though. Such a fight would be difficult to escape from but a brave wolf must survive against all odds."

She continued to trudge after the two wolves, a little behind the two who was obviously closer to her. It was not her place to stand beside the alpha, as she was unworthy of such honour.

RE: it must be this way - Mara - January 05, 2015

Sorry its short, kinda busy with starting back at school x(

She nodded when the other red-cloaked wolf asked if Cara was now the alpha. And then she realized that she still didn't know her name! She turned her gaze behind her and smiled a bit.

"I just realized that I haven't told you my name. I'm Mara." she barked, dipping her head a little. She looked to Runt, knowing the rebellious girl would not appreciate her friend introducing her.

Just then the roaring of the river echoing through the canyon filled her ears and she smiled. They were here. She trotted quickly to the edge and glanced over, admiring the beauty of the lush valley even when it was coated in frost and snow. It was like a secret, silver paradise. The only trouble was how to find a way in.

"Here we are, I call it the Whitewater Gorge." she said, a grin on her face. "The only problem is I don't know how to get in. I've tried a couple places, but they led to dead ends off a cliff. But there must be a way." she barked determinedly, her gaze flicking back to the rushing water below, half obscured by the bends in the canyon walls.

"Maybe it will go quicker if we spread out?" she offered, her tail wagging as the pain of her wounds faded to the background, pushed away by excitement.

RE: it must be this way - Runt - January 05, 2015

Runt appreciated Mara not introducing her. She was not a baby. "I'm Runt. Runt Northwind." She introduced quietly, her green eyes narrowed. Runt stared with wonder into the frost coated gorge, though her face did not betray any emotion. "Yes. Let's split. Divide and conquer." She grunted. Without another word Runt began towards her own direction, walking along the edge but careful not to fall to her untimely death. All the while her sharp eyes scanned the stony gorge walls for any sort of entrance. It might be small, or difficult to notice.

RE: it must be this way - Jade - January 10, 2015

Jade had found the herds she needed, and held them in her maw. As she approached the others, she heard their distinct voices, and with them came information. Runt and Mara, she thought to herself. Odd names. She loped to the three faes, and sat, dropping the herbs held in her jaws. She, like the others, peered into the vast gorge lined by steep cliffs. Frosted, cold and beautiful. "If you're looking for a way in, I know a place that might work." she said softly. Her eye's quickly scanned over Runt, who she had noticed walked with a slight limp. She darted forward and nosed at the fae's ankle, before withdrawing to announce her verdict. "I think it's cracked. if it is, you need to rest for a few days. Movement means a longer recovery."