listening
1,258 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
All Welcome 
@Anathema if u want! <3

"oh, ana."
the pale arms opened. heda stood beneath a curved moon and a downpour.
was she awake? she did not know.
"ana. where did you go? what did you see?"
Rivenwood
Birch
117 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She can be ranked <3
She had not stopped weeping since her return to her family, it felt. Even now she felt the warmth of tears beneath the icy downpour soaking her coat. Still she pressed into her mother's arms, trembling.

I - I got hurt. I went to a pack. Brecheliant. I tried to belong there, Ana's confession was soft and tremulous. But I don't. I don't. I don't belong anywhere. She buried her face in Heda's fur, overtaken by her tears again.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,258 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
<3

ana wept. heda held her, stroking the glossy shoulders and listening with bursting mother's-heart.
"you belong with me," she assured into the darkness, squeezing ana a little. "wherever i go, that is home. it's inside you too," heda murmured, thinking as she always did of the island.
Rivenwood
Birch
117 Posts
Ooc — xynien
You belong with me. Ana went very still. She could feel it, that bitterness bubbling inside of her, a twisting black thing that always lurked. For weeks she had kept it locked away.

Now the blackness poured from her mouth of its own will. You left me, She whispered. You left me behind, but you took Dinah and Ava. Now she pulled from her mother's embrace, not in anger but icy, piercing calm.

You left me, and I think about it every night.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,258 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
heda too was still, considering that day of agony, that moment of horror.
"i looked down, and you were gone."
her heart ached.
a breath. "we looked for you. and then we went home. i hoped — i hoped you would be there, on the island." but you weren't, and i'm glad. i hate that you left. i hate that you feel this way. i'm grateful you weren't there to see your father die and your family fall apart for good.
Rivenwood
Birch
117 Posts
Ooc — xynien
Can I get Ana added back to the ranks please? <3
Twice, then, by Heda's words — because Ana hadn't meant the day Ponyboy had found her. She hadn't thought of it that way until now. What she'd meant was that first time, when she'd found the island suddenly absent of her mother and siblings. Ana was not the only one left behind, she knew that. It didn't make it sting any less.

But she was suddenly too tired to correct the misunderstanding, or to argue; why would she have gone back? It wasn't home without them.

So what's Rivenwood? She asked, looking away from her mother. Not her mother; everything reminded her of that.
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,258 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
done! <3

the quick change in conversation almost wilted heda, but she traveled on; "it's, well. we're building it now. it used to be a place of herbs and medicine, things like that." and strife, and father figures who abandoned everyone abruptly one day.
no need to go into all of that. the golden eyes were soft on her daughter. "what sort of place do you want it to be, ana?"
they could always add; rivenwood was expanding in thought more each day.