Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,300 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Private 
@Aiolos @Raiyuk @Heph @Peregrine @Cen I think i got everyone

Swallowing thickly rodyn stepped towards where Cen and Red Leaf were. Yellow eyes on the area. Raiyuk close by.

A smile was met to the man and a dip of his head.

Would you like to go hunting today, a deer, or something similar perhaps?

If he could get thr man away. And he had promised to hunt. There was a painful edging in his chest. He had a feeling he wouldn't be in top form today. Which was a shame. Because he did love to hunt.

Amd a small part of him wondered if Cen could be taught better? He hoped so. And to have Raiyuk near this violence. Well it unsettled him.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moontide
Trader
72 Posts
Ooc — ebony
unused to visitors, the approach of the chieftain bristled cen momentarily. but he soon smoothed, and nodded toward the man.

@Ghelan's eyes had opened and while cen had not said much, he had been sure to speak only in lanzadoii before his son, insisting upon stamping out whatever sharadoii nonsense his mother was feeding him along with milk.

"i will hunt with you." the slate eyes looked toward red leaf, and then he fell into step beside rodyn.

[Image: zECZZ3.gif]
cen is rated R

Moontide
Adolescent
206 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Raiyuk remained silent, aloof in appearance. He did not pay much mind to the child or to the wife of the man, instead acting the part that came naturally: a willing young hunter fresh to his scars.

It wasn't until they had stepped away that he seemed ready to burst.

I have not hunted caribou before, he admitted to the two men, and followed up by trying to impress: But I did hunt seals, and you saw me at the bison hunt. He nods to Rodyn, and puffs his chest a little bit.

To Cen he mentions, Rodyn had me scout for the herd. It is this way.

If unimpeded, the young man would usher them towards the village limits where there were many signs of the herd - it was no lie, but might have been said with too much interest. Raiyuk was eager for something.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,300 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn felt a true smile at Raiyuk's eagerness. A softening to his gaze. Why shouldn't they enjoy this. Even if they knew the end. All things come to an end.

Perhaps if they can teach Raiyuk something he has not hunted before. The scars this lesson will leave wouldn't hurt so deeply.

Rodyn knew he was doing what was best for Red Leaf, but he also knew. She'd probably return to the man and there was nothing he could do about it.

He followed behind Raiyuk at a decent clip. His body going into a hunters crouch of sorts.
Moontide
Trader
72 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the boy who tagged along was a fish-eater. perhaps the son of the older one, cen thought in disdain.

he said nothing, only let the young tracker lead he and the leader toward the place where they would hunt. after a while, however, cen could not hide his scorn. "caribou everywhere. why not hunt?" he said, a shark's-smile spreading upon his mouth.

cen is rated R

Moontide
Adolescent
206 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The young man treated this event as he might any other hunt: he sought the path that showed the most sign of the herd, which he had indeed been tracking earlier in the day, and prowled ahead of Rodyn and the man Cen, knowing that the plan was to follow these animal trails until they took their leave from the village.

Not far behind him was Rodyn, who kept up easily. It was Cen's voice which cut the air and made the fur along Raiyuk's nape stand, for a moment. He was not used to being spoken to in such a tone, and wasn't sure if the man meant to be silly (and that it was only a language barrier that prevented jesting amongst men) or if he was truly bothered.

Raiyuk glanced over his shoulder and saw the large smile, and felt immediately uneasy. As best he could he answered, I was away, hunting seals. For my scars. At the mention of this, he tried to show them off, and nearly tripped on his own feet.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,300 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn felt the ruff of hus nape stand on end. He had been hurting his wife and now he was hounding a boy Rodyn had seen grow up. The disrespect was blatant and it felt a spit in the face of his goodwill. How dare.

He spoke softly. Chakliux took Raiyuk on a hunt with his people. He has fought death and won. There is always time to hunt and learn new things. Today he will hunt caribou it doesn't matter that he hasn't before.

Rodyn was uneasy now. But he continued on the path. Thus far Raiyuk had done well.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
1,008 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
In the time Aiolos and @Peregrine had waited outside the borders of Moontide (Aiolos knew them well, as he had lived on the plateau alone before years ago) he had come to realize who this young man was he now traveled with. He was full grown, years into it and it took time for Aiolos to dig deep into the memories of the island once more. 

Son of Niamh who had parished, on the run from his husband. It had been thought that it was of a situation not unlike the one they were pulled into now, in fact. Raised along his siblings by Mou and Maegi, it had not been since the island that Aiolos had seen any of them, until now. 

Aiolos kept these thoughts to himself, ensuring that only the mission was at the forefront. When the Sunman saw the Moontide group in the distance, he woofed lowly for Peregrine's attention.
moonglow daddy
Moontide
Beta*
729 Posts
Ooc — Lepos
Heph fell into step with Raiyuk and Rodyn and Cen. She too had scouted the area, though not for prey. When she ranged she checked to see that their own extra hunters were in place and that no surprises would lay to turn the tides of the scuffle in the interloper's favor. Beneath her skin the bubbling of adrenaline promised that the hunt would begin soon and she was not picky as to the target.

Her smile was broad, a touch of mischief not out of character for her upon her lips. "Mind if I join?" She had already arrived and her carraige showed no sign of turning back.
Moonglow
Zeta
77 Posts
Ooc — Twin
prob just a cameo unless he's needed! he is slightly ppable by aiolos <3

oblivious to the sunman's knowledge of his heritage — for peregrine himself had certainly not recognized him — the boy was silent. his face was etched into what seemed like a permanent scowl, hardened muscles rigid beneath the multicolored pelt.
they were still a ways away when he first spotted the wife-beating pig man chatting with the wolves of moontide, and his first thought was that he was unimpressed. he was certainly athletic, built with long, lean limbs and a rough quality to his physique, but he was... unkempt. unbecoming. and he thought himself powerful enough to punch down upon his wife?
they could handle him, certainly. peregrine bites back a scoff as he positions himself beside aiolos, prepared for direction.
Moontide
Trader
72 Posts
Ooc — ebony
something was off.

the wily predator in cen sensed what logic told him was only projection. these men, this woman, they did not know him. how could he expect to be liked? to be greeted warmly or with any trust? the caribou hunter felt his own guard hairs rising in response, and with effort, flattened them down.

he did not know these others, nor the scent they wore.

for a moment cen paused in his walking to glance toward the sea. he expected that heph and rodyn would divide their hunting path, and so he did not need to pay attention. instead the man thought of ghelan, and of red leaf, and was sorrowed beneath the bite of frustration.

soon, very soon, they would all be gone from this place, back to the caribou and the wide open land.

cen is rated R

Moontide
Adolescent
206 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
The young man caught himself before he could blunder, and was striding forward again in time to see Heph arrive. She offered to join their hunt and Raiyuk greeted her warmly; perhaps overly so, given he felt more nervous now.

He moved to flank Heph and give both of the Moontide leaders space to talk, in case they had a plan in place that Raiyuk was unaware of. It also gave him the excuse to follow behind the three adults—as if he deferred to the woman's expertise, too, which wouldn't be far from the truth.

Raiyuk felt an itch in his skin as he anticipated what would come next. He wanted this over with, suddenly. It was very different from a normal hunt for proper prey, and as much as he wanted to be a man about it, he found himself growing more nervous instead.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,300 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn shifted and motioned for Heph to lead one side and he the otherm he hoped Raiyuk would go with her. So the boy didn't have to see too muc violence. They could keep in sight of each other. Be wary.

He didn't wish to have his back to the man. Cen you and I will run. Heph and Raiyuk can bite. Be mindful of hooves and horns.

Feeling his hairs rising he tried to ignore the feeling of betrayal and darkness. And a sick pit of bile burned a way through hia guts
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
1,008 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Watch their positions... Aiolos murmurs to the young man at his side. Our target stands at Rodyn's side and Heph and Raiyuk covering the rear. Aiolos begins to walk, moving ahead of the group as they assessed the herd of caribou in the distance. 

You will take position at the man's open side and I will cut him off at the front. They would have him surrounded. A smart man would surrender. Yet if he were foolhardy and filled with pride, he may not. We will run once he runs, to ensure his attention is on his own target. While some of the group began to loose their resolve, the Sunman did not.
moonglow daddy
Moontide
Trader
72 Posts
Ooc — ebony
cen rolled his hard shoulders and concentrated on the herd. the movement of the other hunters did not register more than passingly to the man, though he was vaguely prideful to walk at the side of rodyn.

a nod accepted the instruction. it would be good to stretch his legs, cen thought, to show these landbound creatures what a wolf of the long march could do.

he waited for rodyn to begin their run.
Moontide
Adolescent
206 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Rodyn structured their hunt; the plan was simple, but it also aligned with what Raiyuk knew of their larger plan and greater aims. The young man kept behind both of the runners and waited for them to take off after the herd—aligning himself with Heph so that they could do their job, or show that they were preparing for their job, although to Raiyuk it felt strange and underhanded. He was glad to be of use to Moontide in this way—but he still had his misgivings about the ordeal.

What if Cen was faster than they knew? What if he was strong or vicious, and someone got badly hurt? Who was to say they could separate him for long from his wife; and was it their right to do so? He trusted his father's judgement and believed it to be true—but he was young and inexperienced in these more adult matters. The sense of nervousness he felt in this moment was so much worse than his hunt for seal, or his confrontation with the bison.

This was a man. This was a man, and he was watching him be hunted.