Ocean's Breath Plateau mayuqtinniq
Moontide
Alpha*
-I am a gentleman. My natural inclination is to be on my best behavior.-
1,386 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn laughed and shook his head. Honestly, I have no idea. It does glide well through the water, but I don't know if it can be considered flying.

Rodyn nodded his head. Its not bad dried either.

He shifted and reached a paw to grab a crab and pull it from the depths. Deftly smashing it so it could be ensconced in a cache.

Did you enjoy this fishing? Its certainly different.
Interested in Moontide? Rodyn is always available for threads.
Moonglow
Delta
writing letters addressed to the fire
754 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
As he talked about how to prepare the creature, she looked at it closely. I'll catch some more, dry them, and have them ready for our journey so there will be some to trade, she offered.

With amazement, she watched him effortlessly grab a crab from the pool and end it with a sickening crunch.

I did—I’ve been doing more fishing since we hunted in the lake, she answered; he had ignited a new passion in her.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,386 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
A soft smile. If you have the time. Don't run yourself ragged on my end. I know well you still have young ones to take care of and that is a whole new level of exhaustion. Trust me.

Rodyn didn't think of his skill better than anyone else or that it was worth amazement. All he knew was he had worked hard at it and he felt anyone could do the same.

Eyes lit up. Glad she liked something he had shared with her. I'm glad you enjoy it.
Moonglow
Delta
754 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Appreciating his concern, she smiled and promised, I won't take on too much. But, yes, she laughed, I love them more than anything, but they are very exhausting!

As his eyes brightened, she couldn't help but feel excitement bubbling in her, and her mind drifted to her newfound hobby You were right about it—it is very relaxing! I have had a lot on my mind lately, and it has been a good stress reliever.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,386 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn chuckled. He knew well how exhausting children were. And he and Ariadne had in common that they had not chosen to be single parents at least in her case not at first. It was rough. He hoped Kigipigak would help out even though he was no longer with their mother.

Rodyn nodded. I have always found solace in hunting. Whether it was small game, large game or in the water. There is just something calming about working your body in that way and still providing.
Moonglow
Delta
754 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
While she didn't particularly like hunting on land, she discovered a special charm in fishing. Absolutely, she agreed. I think I actually prefer fishing to other hunting activities—I never knew how much I would enjoy being in the water! She regretted not trying it sooner, but she was grateful for his guidance. I think I like the challenge it adds.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,386 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Not everyone liked to hunt like Rodyn. Truthfully it was a bit of an obsession he knew. But he liked it none the less.

He nodded. Some do. And fish are truthfull always abundant. Theres really no time they wouldn't be available if you have a stream or a lake or an ocean.
Moonglow
Delta
754 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
That is true, she said, before wondering, Have you ever been ice fishing before? I think that would be fun—and quite cold! She said, thinking of the seasons where other prey wasn’t as abundant.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,386 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He thought about it and realized he had never. A shake of his downy head. And now a strange need or want to do so.

But now I want too. Ive hunted winter weasels and caribou in winter. I hunted goats on mountains and deer in glades. Now i think I'd like to try.
Moonglow
Delta
754 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Hm, she hummed thoughtfully. Well, it sounds like it is something that we could try together, if you would like. I know of some smaller lakes near Moonglow that freeze during the winter. It'd be worth a shot. I think it would be fun, she added, hoping he would find it enjoyable and not annoying that she was trying to make more plans with him. She was just really enjoying his company.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,386 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
He blinked surprised. And also a little wary, but only because he wasn't sure what was expected. What he would need to be or do. But yet he loved hunting. He liked her company. At the very least she was his friend.

He nodded. Okay. I'm willing to try it. And its always nicer with company.
Moonglow
Delta
754 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Luckily, it appeared that she wasn't annoying him, and she breathed a quiet sigh of relief and agreed, It is nicer with company. She thought his company was preferable, but she didn't say that out loud. She was still unsure about his true feelings towards her—whether he truly liked her or was just being polite—and she didn't want to risk pushing him away because she liked him. 

Turning back to the tidepools, she watched the creatures swim around, and she asked, Do you want to keep hunting? Or am I keeping you from anything? She recognized that she had already taken up a lot of his time, and as the leader, she understood he had other duties to fulfill.
Moontide
Alpha*
1,386 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Deerstalker
Trapper
Rodyn was not easily annoyed by many things. Truthfully he was usually pretty laid back. And he truly didn't think he had ever hated anyone. Disliked their choices or words, but not the wolf themselves.

I always like to keep hunting. he laughed.

He shook out stocky build and dipped his paw back into the water.

I have some time to continue amd our cavhes will like us for it.

would you like to fade here.
Moonglow
Delta
754 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Seer
Ariadne and Rodyn kept hunting into the early evening, collecting enough items to fill up some of the caches nearby. Despite their decision to part at some point, she carried on with her hunting, fully aware of Moontide's reliance on it and the potential for increased trading opportunities on their journey.