Northstar Vale I'm ready, Slick, are you?
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
Grayday is calling for Liffey/Rannoch, but since they're gone, could we get a wild @Chusi in here? Please allow @Pema and @Spiritwalker to post first.
Grayday didn't really think that Mouse had meant to harm his children - or anyone in his pack, for that matter - but that didn't mean he was about to let the transgression slide. He'd bided his time for several days, contemplating what the best course of action would be. It seemed silly to start a feud when there was only one wolf he was angry with, and even sillier to start up a witch hunt when the witch in question hadn't commited any crimes worth the energy it would take to maim him for it.

The offense was almost laughable, really. What purpose had the male had in tresspassing? And why had he been so ridiculously offended to be stopped? Grayday had no answers to these questions, but hoped that Rannoch or Liffey might. He also hoped they'd think up a fitting punishment for such a stupid transgression, but that wasn't his main concern, at this point.

When he, Pema, and Spiritwalker reached the lip of the valley, the male tilted back his head and called for the greyling male that'd led the vale, last time he checked. He did not realize that there'd been a recent change in leadership, or that several key members had abandoned their posts. "Rannoch's scent is still weak," the male said while he waited with his two companions. He'd filled them in on his history with the younger male, not that there was much other than a quick hunt and a short conversation. Still - he'd seemed a good sort, and Grayday felt he'd be remiss if he didn't bring this wayward packmember to the young alpha's attention.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

When Grayday had approached her Catori found a bloom of pride at being invited. Sure, it was a good measure to joining her into the pack properly by proving her worth - but it was more than that. He knew of her ranging habits and heart's desire to see more of the world and this was a perfect way to not only learn more about the area but it also let her stretch her legs so to say as a scout. It would give her a good idea of the dynamics of the pack and she hadn't been this far down through the mountains. She yearned to see the lands beyond, too, but even as she'd brushed against Grayday feeling his ire grow and ebb like the tides she was so fond of she knew that this was not a matter of pleasantries. 

Hearing the brazzen behavior of having the male seem so put out as he'd entered their home had caused Catori's normally docile ways to be tested. If they didn't have the young children running about maybe she wouldn't have cared. Maybe it was just their innocence threatened or maybe it was the fact that they were Grayday's and that brought a whole other level to things. She snorted as Grayday came to a stop and called. "It seems...excessive to be gone from your home for so long." Excessive from the endless earthcomber meant a lot - if she'd understood the nature of the Vale and it's youthful leadership. If would mean a lot more wrangling, in her opinion, especially approaching their first winter. 

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic

She had wanted to come along with Grayday to Northstar Vale on his trip to speak to their alpha. A member of their pack Mouse had rudely and knowingly wondered into their territory. Aside from that he didn't even have the courtesy to walk back to the border when he was adressed. Pema was still a bit steamed over the whole situation since she had been the one to encounter him in their territory first. A bit of a fight had ensued and even though no one was severily harmed and it turned out that Grayday had spoken to him a time before, she still didn't like what had transpired. 

She though she could be a testimate to what had happened that day if need be. Able to explain the reason behind it, that Mouse was in search of a friend and possible pack member Rannoch. This would also be a way for her too see how two packs communicated with one another over such matters. A good learning experience if she ever thought to do such things in the future. Standing by Grayday's side she waited for their leader to approach.

With then was a female of the pack she hadn't known too well, but would definatly find the time to introduce herself more fully in the future. If things ended up getting tense for whatever reason it would be good to have more then just Grayday at their door step.

I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
A bit late to the party - sorry!

Though she had noted Mouse's injuries, she had yet to hear about some eventful day. He had not gone to her to tell, unfortunately, otherwise the call for Rannoch would have put her on edge. Though she was a warrior, she did not want to fight someone else's war... nor fight at all against a side that was obviously justifiably mad. She sighed as the call rang out though, hyping herself up before she made her way to the border with grace. Her tail of fluff waved a welcoming hello before she was close enough to hear what they were saying.

There was a man, gray of coat, umber of eye, and two women - both with a rather pale coat when compared to her own. She could not help but admire one of the female's beautiful mane though, and she dipped her head in greeting. Rannoch's not here at tha moment - ya'll have ta do with meh. She joked lightheartedly. Fearghal - Chusi Fearghal. How can I help ya?
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday's ears flickered in worry. For a moment, he nearly forgot what they were there for and asked, "Is he ever coming back?" A beat later, though, he let out a huff, effectively dismissing the question.

"I'm Grayday, from the pack down the mountain, and these are my packmates, Catori and Pema. We're here about a tresspasser that was found on our land," he said calmly, though irritation was certainly running rampant in his mind. "A wolf that identified himself as Mouse Ostrega, from this pack."

He glanced at Pema, verifying that this was the proper name as he said it. She'd told him about the encounter after he'd calmed down, but even this far removed from the event, he found himself unable to recall details without anger flaring up in his chest. Generally, he tried not to think too hard on it.

"Do you know him?" he asked, his voice grave.
What's Mine is Ours
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori wasn't typically one to make snap judgements. She was one however to defend what was hers, and in this case, Morningside and Grayday had become something she was defensive and possessive over. When she felt the riling of anger in Grayday her eyes cut from the dark girl to him, for a moment her face passive. This wasn't their land, she wasn't alone with him, and she wouldn't undermine him in front of his subordinates and another pack. She didn't particularly like the implication that they would just 'have to deal with someone' when it came to a pack - the leadership had to be different. It had to be something more. Of course her bias ran deeper than she wanted to admit when it came to Grayday but the notion of a temporary leader rubbed her wrong. 

Catori had the feeling that if a wolf showed back up to their packlands they'd probably be reluctant to tell the truth - that they had made such a grave mistake. She returned her milky colored eyes to Chusi, surprisingly quiet for herself, and wondered what the young wolf would say. Catori didn't condone liars but she almost expected it knowing how serious an offense it was to have trespassed so brazenly. "Pema intercepted him inside our lands with a complete disregard for the fact he was trespassing." She said as evenly as she could. It helped being a storyteller, weaving her truths as easily as she could breathe; it might even have sounded pleasant rather than business had she tilted her voice a touch more. Instead her tone was quiet and reserved while she waited for the response of the other. 

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema had missed Grayday's first comment about Rannoch's scent being weak. If she had she would have been able to tell him that Rannoch would likely not have been here. Seeing as how Rannoch was the very reason Mouse had tresspassed in their territory in the first place. She didn't know he was the former alpha of this pack untill he was expected to arrive. A darker female came to the border instead stating simply that Rannoch wasn't here rather then state that he was missing. 

Grayday and Catori had done an alright job at explaining the general instance of what had happened, but she thought she should add something. To bring a greater light to the situation for everyone. "He claimed to be searching for your missing Alpha and thought that was a good enough reason to ignore our border and requests to leave peacfully." she glanced to Day. Seeing how he would take the news of Rannoch's absence and Mouses reasons for being in the pack.

Her gaze then went to Chusi. While talking he voice had been calm, but her gaze was serious. She wondered how she would take the knowledge of knowing that another pack knew the vales alpha, or now, former alpha was missing. The sudden loss of a leader was often telling of the packs level or order, especially if in the absence of this leader member of the pack began to act in such an inappropriate way. 

Even if such actions had been done due to emotions, there was no ignoring that his pressence in their pack could have been a major threat to the members within it, including the pups that Pema loved to dearly.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She frowned, not knowing the answer to the rather diregarded question of... Alpha Grayday from the pack down the mountain. A strange and long title, Chusi found, but she supposed the pack had a name. She pressed forward with interest and surprise at his words though. How could Mouse ever do such a thing? He was sweet and kind and he would never dare bring himself in danger like that. He knew better, right?

I-I know 'im, yeah, but I'm sure there'sa reason fur... No, she was wrong. There was never any real reason to trespass into unfriendly lands. Did he have a death wish? Did he wish her to fail? She was overwhelmed, but if her father had taught her anything it was that when you were stuck between a rock and a hard place, you simply need some time to settle the thoughts in your mind.

I'm sure I'll understand bettah if tha accused was present. May I call 'im? She questioned.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday stiffened somewhat at the thought of seeing the intruder again and turned his head to the side to glance at Catori, hoping the sight of her would help reign in his anger. When he looked back at Chusi, he was able to speak again in a relatively calm voice.

"I'd rather not have to deal with him again," said Grayday, hoping the shewolf would not insist. "Whether or not you believe us, Mouse Ostrega did trespass on my land, and was very rude to a member of my pack. Do with that information what you will."

He paused, glancing at Catori again, and then at Pema. "I don't like to take lives, Chusi. But let me clear up any misunderstanding tbat might've led to your friend's actions - the next Vale wolf that enters my land without permission will be killed. We can exist on good, friendly terms as long as you respect our borders, just as we respect yours."

Although his words were not terribly polite, he did try to keep his voice even and unaccusing. The past was behind them, and in the future, there would be no grey area of uncertainty.
What's Mine is Ours
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori felt herself bristle when the notion came up that the trespasser would somehow shed light on a situation so cut and dry. The interloper had crossed into their lands and had betrayed the instinctual notion of territory. Grayday's eyes met her own and for a moment the woman stared at him, as if she could somehow beam her thoughts straight to him and hear his thoughts too. She drew in a deep breath and then turned to the younger female. "He was given multiple chances to leave and chose his own fate. There is nothing to understand there." She wasn't rude but she was straight to the point - all of them should have agreed to that notion. He had been given a chance and had not taken it. 

They were not a vengeful people. Of that Catori was sure; while Grayday had thus far impressed her as a fairly family oriented man he wasn't vengeful or unjust. They were not out for blood. "Just because your Alpha is absent does not mean that all manner of propriety can go out the window." Catori wasn't exactly happy with the notion of just waiting to deal with the situation - not when there was something so vital as a trespassing interloper running about. If Grayday was gone from Morningside for whatever reason it would be a time for them to be better - for the sake of their pride and reputation. That should have been universal, right? 

Catori briefly exchanged a glance with Grayday and Pema, making sure she stepped on no toes but she was doing her level best to make sure that she conveyed their thoughts as packmates fairly. 

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema thought that they had gotten their point across and a part of her couldn't help but feel a bit bad for this female Chusi. From the way it seemed to Pema, either this girl wasn't even the alpha of the pack, or she was new to it and had possibly been rushed into it. Overall it didn't seem like she really knew how to handle this situation. She tried to defend her pack member before realizing the reason behind his motive and then suggested that Mouse come forward to face his accusations. But that wouldn't change anything except maybe Grayday's hostility levels. Their was nothing more that needed to be understood from the situation, she only needed to find out what to do and that was something the wolves from Morningside couldn't help her with. 

Grayday made it clear, and Catori only emphasised, that if another member of the vale were to enter the pack, they wouldn't be willing to give them a chance to leave as Pema had given Mouse. Pema was deeply irritated and angry over what Mouse had done, but being who she was she wasn't able to project those feelings onto Chusi as just a member or the newest alpha to the vale. 

"Chusi..." she said after releasing a sign to calm herself a bit. "I know this isn't your fault and that you weren't there." she spoke using the word 'I' rather then 'we' not knowing if her other pack members would be as simpathetic as her. "But there's nothing more from us that you need to understand. The Vale will be getting no more second chances from Morningside, and if you are going to be the one in charge while Rannoch is gone, you need to let the members of your pack know that, and deal with Mouse however you see fit." she spoke calmly with a hint of empathy in her voice at times. "I don't this to escalade anymore then it has already." she said not only wanting them to obey their borders, but also never wanting to have to take another wolf's life. 

And this that she was done with this outing. She wanted it to be over, now that their message had hopefully been percieved. There was nothing more they could do other then go home. She looked over to her two companions hoping that they could read her expression so they could leave.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi might not like them, but I still love you guys XD <3

She shouldn't even have asked permission to call him. Mouse belonged at the Vale and he had the right to go wherever he pleased, even to this side of their very border. Of course the Morningside wolves didn't want to understand why he had done it, what had led a man to such a decision, but Chusi had seen something behind those glassy eyes of him. He was troubled, much so, and though his actions should not go unpunished or excused, they should at least be understood and forgiven. Her fluffy hackles bristled, but she nodded, colder than she had been before. They could stay ignorant for all she cared - there was only a small chance she would ever see them again. Ways to their land would be forbidden to walk upon, just in case.

Fine, then I guess we be done 'ere. She said. 'Gonna make sure this won't happen 'gain. She promised, hoping for them to just turn around and leave to their precious pack that was oh so holy.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
What Chusi did not understand was that Mouse had already been forgiven by Morningside's leader. It could very well have been some misunderstanding - this was something the male readily acknowledged. But he still didn't care to see Mouse again, lest his anger at the situation get the better of him. For him, the matter was closed. The visit had not been about assigning blame to Mouse or exacting punishment upon him - merely to establish a certain set of standards.

Thus, with Chusi's agreement to pass on their message to the rest of her packmates, Grayday felt he'd done his part.

"Thank you," he said politely, ears flickering toward his companions in hopes of staying their tongues. There was nothing more to be said, even seeing the bristle of Chusi's fur. Grayday would bristle, too, if wolves showed up at his borders, talking of violence. He felt already that Pema and Catori had been a bit rash in their words. Next time, he'd have to be a bit clearer about what he wanted to get across.

There was no help for it now, however. Warily, the male turned his back on the cake and began the trek back down the mountain. He had a family to get back to.
What's Mine is Ours
226 Posts
Ooc —

While Catori hadn't made any sort of promises on behalf of Morningside the words that Grayday spoke had been far more final. Anyone who crossed into their land would be killed on sight to protect their stocks, their children, their interests. Chusi would have to handle things however she deemed fit if she was taking on the role of caretaker to the pack. The Morningsiders couldn't help her with that - and whatever expectations she'd had about bringing Mouse there well, what would that actually do? Instead it was all done and Grayday gave his appreciation and Catori only gave a final nod. "Hopefully the next time any of us run into one another it will be under better circumstances." She wasn't one to wallow in transgressions or keep to grudges. 

This would be better. Things could be better - and the sooner that they got home the sooner they could all move on. Catori was quiet after that, following her companion's leads before they distanced themselves from the border and took their leave to go home.

last from me, tag if anything else is needed!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.