Redhawk Caldera malice through the looking-glass
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine's jaw clenched when Lasher mentioned Saena. He wondered if his old lover might understand if he knew the hideous truth. Of course, he wouldn't tell it. Instead, he offered a version of it. "It was my own mistake that nearly cost us our little girl. Fox is righteously beside herself about the situation. She's taking no prisoners, Lasher, and that's why I'm passing along this message. The days of tolerance, alliances and mixed loyalties are over for us. I can only trust and look out for those from Redhawk Caldera." 

Of course, the faces of his loved ones—Osprey, Blue Willow, the man standing before him—flashed through his mind. But his family here was more important. They needed him to be strong about this, else he might really lose one of his children for being too weak and trusting. No matter who they were to him, Junior's actions had proven that Peregrine and his wolves could not trust anyone but those they vetted thoroughly and welcomed into their ranks.

"I can't do anything for Saena or anyone else who's not part of this pack except issue this warning," Peregrine said after a long pause. "She's better off with you than with me anyhow," he added. His relationship with Saena had been strained for so long, with the wolves of the plateau becoming her true family. He had tried to make it work, to bridge the gap, but then he'd done the same with Junior and look where that had gotten him.

Feeling a sudden bolt of wrath at the thought of Junior's absolute treachery, Peregrine growled suddenly. "Spread the word. The caldera won't tolerate outsiders of any kind. We are pack." He leveled Lasher with an even glare, then began to move toward him to usher him away—for both their sakes.
Messages In This Thread
malice through the looking-glass - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 10:36 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 11:00 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 18, 2015, 11:13 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 11:27 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 19, 2015, 12:44 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 19, 2015, 08:07 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 21, 2015, 12:29 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 22, 2015, 12:06 PM