Redhawk Caldera malice through the looking-glass
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
A somber-looking Elwood appeared and Peregrine let his posture drop. The Beta was now the highest-ranking male in the pack. He didn't particularly look like he was enjoying the role. Before answering, the former Alpha wondered what Elwood (and the rest of the pack, for that matter) thought of him now. He had put his children in harm's way, for starters, then ended up murdering his own offspring. He reminded himself that no one's opinion—Elwood's, Lasher's, the rest of the world's—could be as low as his opinion of himself.

"Lasher," Peregrine rumbled in reply. "He didn't seem impressed with what I had to say. I told him it was an intruder that went after Wifi." He glanced at Elwood. "It appeared to be affront to him that we should want to close our borders after such a close call. He's more worried about Saena, an adult who can take care of herself. She made the mistake of trying to fight back against Fox." He shook his head, eyes narrowing as he stared into the distance where his former flame had disappeared.

After a time, he dragged his gaze back in Elwood's direction. "I won't undermine Fox's decisions. I agreed with her at first. But now I wonder if we should just tell the truth. They're going to hate us one way or another. And what are they going to do? Attack us for doing what needed to be done to save an innocent life? Of course, they'll probably think I enjoyed killing Junior because I'm Peregrine: the man everyone loves to hate."
Messages In This Thread
malice through the looking-glass - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 10:36 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 11:00 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Lasher - May 18, 2015, 11:27 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 19, 2015, 12:44 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Peregrine Redhawk - May 19, 2015, 01:45 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 19, 2015, 08:07 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 21, 2015, 12:29 PM
RE: malice through the looking-glass - by Elwood - May 22, 2015, 12:06 PM