Hoshor Plains My dearest love I'm not done yet.
ís & steinn ♔ hjarta & sál
583 Posts
Ooc — Java
Yes! She chased him towards where the river meets the lake, so now he's just gotta cross that and he'll be free to roam to RHC. Thanks! :)

The bear did not linger long, but Njal was not eager to stick around either. He wouldn't want to test the limits of a grizzly's patience either way. So, without really thinking, he sought the shallows of the rushing river and tried to find a way across. He managed to make it a few feet before the shallows were cut away by the speed of the water, leaving him to find a new path.

There was a natural ledge within the river, like a stairway, but to walk upon it would also risk being taken by the water; and while Njal was strong, he doubted he could contend with the force of the current. Further down the river from his vantage point, he could see some exposed, damp boulders. Perhaps he could climb across those to escape? He would have to be bold and daring, and take the risk. So Njal opted for the nearby shelf. 

With a carefully placed paw, he tested the stone for its strength (as if it couldn't handle his weight, pfft), and was immediately shocked by how cold the water was. Even with the heat of summer boiling the lands around him, the river appeared to be unaffected. He grit his teeth, and forced himself in to the river. The water rushed over his feet and as he crossed, Njal felt the chill lifting up his legs; his fur matted against his body, while the spray from the river (and his obstruction of it) drenched him. When he made it to the other side, the old man was thrilled.

A wrong step could've spelled doom, and nobody would have known of his demise.

Njal shook off as much of the chill as he could, and glanced back over the river. He couldn't see the bear or any other living thing, and was content in his abilities. Fate was on his side for a change - so maybe his decision to find Fox and her pack was the right one. Without further thought, Njal continued on his journey, now set in the correct direction.
Messages In This Thread
My dearest love I'm not done yet. - by RIP Njal - June 08, 2015, 01:19 PM
RE: My dearest love I'm not done yet. - by Bear - June 08, 2015, 02:05 PM
RE: My dearest love I'm not done yet. - by RIP Njal - June 09, 2015, 01:29 PM
RE: My dearest love I'm not done yet. - by Bear - June 09, 2015, 01:37 PM
RE: My dearest love I'm not done yet. - by Tomahawk - June 09, 2015, 01:46 PM
RE: My dearest love I'm not done yet. - by RIP Njal - June 09, 2015, 01:55 PM
RE: My dearest love I'm not done yet. - by Bear - June 11, 2015, 02:10 PM
RE: My dearest love I'm not done yet. - by Tomahawk - June 12, 2015, 12:54 PM