The Sunspire copy my past, paste my future
<i></i>
25 Posts
Ooc —
After I wrote this, I realized that this is the second time I used a tooth-related metaphor in a post... and my char's name is Toothless... and I swear I didn't even do it on purpose, lol.

Left to its own again while Leader presumably prowled the night, gathering followers and information, Toothless decided it did not want to be afflicted with unwanted company yet again, even if these wolves also belonged to Leader. After she departed on her nightly business, Toothless sneaked from the pack's makeshift rendezvous site on Silvertip Mountain and made its way back to the familiar terrain of the Sunspire sawtooths. The journey took much of the night and all of the sylph's energy, so that as soon as it arrived, Toothless scouted out shelter, curled into a tight little ball and fell fast asleep.

A loud thump! disrupted Toothless's dreaming sometime past midday, startling it awake. Remnants of a dream—an uncomfortable, ephemeral recollection of its life with its mother's cruel family—thankfully sank out of sight into its subconscious. It lifted its head and blinked its protuberant chartreuse eyes, its ears flicking first forward and then backward and its lips smacking together.

[Image: tumblr_lryexcfNZw1qlryiq.gif]

It heard a distant sigh and its lips peeled back in a grimace. Tempted to slink further back into its little niche between two rocks, it instead poked its head out of its small hideaway and turned it this way, then that way. It saw nothing from here. Toothless deliberated for several long moments, then oozed out of the space like toothpaste from a tube.

It climbed to a better vantage point, then scanned the mountainside with narrowed eyes. It jerked slightly when it spotted a wolf perhaps a hundred feet below and to its left. Toothless fought the instinctive urge to scurry, only because the wolf looked sad somehow. Unthinkingly, it made a murmuring noise, then let out a long, noisy breath. It almost considered moving closer, then it seemed to finally realize the time of day, and instead of retreated into the nearest shadow.
Messages In This Thread
copy my past, paste my future - by Oak Maniitok - August 01, 2013, 12:54 AM
RE: copy my past, paste my future - by Toothless - August 01, 2013, 08:26 AM
RE: copy my past, paste my future - by Oak Maniitok - August 03, 2013, 09:38 PM
RE: copy my past, paste my future - by Toothless - August 04, 2013, 01:06 PM