Wapun Meadow Far From Home, On My Own
A dragon will never bow down
689 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
During her brief stay in the fox-filled woods, she’d found herself having made an acquaintance. A wolf opposite to herself, in terms of appearance. Though the other had been cautious of her after catching her scent alone, that had not resulted in a problem when they exchanged their greetings. Despite the possibility of a friendship that lingered between them, the shadow-clad maiden had not stayed by her side. She had, however, mentioned meeting one another again, perhaps even soon. It’d taken a bit of effort in order for her to make her legs start moving away from the other girl, as the company of others was something she appreciated. Still, she had eventually left, carrying on with her exploration of the new land. The moment she’d left, the fact that she was currently alone hit her hard, yet her outer appearance did not betray her inner emotions. She was a strong Draconid girl, the first born to her parents, and the one to inherit the ability that allowed many woman before her to connect with their God. She could not allow for her current lack of companionship to eat away at her. Besides, she was not completely alone, not with Draco’s presence floating in the back of her mind.

Against her better judgement, Asterr had allowed for her thoughts to drift back to her friend as she wandered to whatever location laid in wait for her. She would have expected that the elder had caught up with her already, yet not a trace of the other female was to be found. She worried for her friend, and hoped that the Dragon God was keeping watch over her while the two girls were apart. The sylphlike wolf knew her friend would not abandon her, and she believed no ill fate could befall her. No, such a thing was not likely, as far are the night-cloaked lupine was concerned. She believed such things not because she viewed her traveling partner as some unstoppable force, either, but because she knew the other would not allow herself to get tripped up anywhere after having said she would catch up once rested. Realizing that, perhaps, she was thinking too far into the subject, the yearling gave a soft shake of her head and cleared the thoughts away, focusing instead on where she was going. Having used the sun as a compass when it had first started to rise into the sky, she knew she was heading slightly North of the darkened woods, but what terrain she was to be met with as she ventured further was unknown.

The scent of the meadow reached her nose before the view entered her sights, bringing a faint smile across her maw. Though the months of warmth were fading away, the flowers that littered the area had yet to hide away from the cold entirely. Some still remained, and while it was clear they were fading, enough of their essence lingered to send their floral scent in her direction. As she entered the meadow, Asterr drew in a breath, taking in the smells of what now surrounded her. No longer were her nostrils assaulted by the stench of foxes, but were instead embraced by an appealing fragrance. She knew not the names belonging to the florets circling her, but that did not prevent her from appreciating their faltering beauty. Even as she walked, placing the pads of her paws against some of the wilting forms unintentionally, she would look from petal to petal, as if to inspect them. It was only when she reached a creek did she draw her gaze from the various colours, only to then place it upon the flowing water. Lowering her head down, she took a drink, enjoying the feel of the cool liquid as it washed down her throat.
You're a mirror with two faces
Two sides, simple as that
Thread titles are from Hyuna’s “How’s This”
Messages In This Thread
Far From Home, On My Own - by Asterr - September 28, 2015, 11:24 AM
RE: Far From Home, On My Own - by Scimitar - September 29, 2015, 05:51 AM
RE: Far From Home, On My Own - by Asterr - September 29, 2015, 11:35 AM
RE: Far From Home, On My Own - by Scimitar - September 29, 2015, 12:50 PM
RE: Far From Home, On My Own - by Asterr - September 29, 2015, 01:28 PM
RE: Far From Home, On My Own - by Scimitar - September 29, 2015, 02:01 PM
RE: Far From Home, On My Own - by Asterr - September 29, 2015, 03:04 PM
RE: Far From Home, On My Own - by Scimitar - October 02, 2015, 02:09 PM