[IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone
16 Posts
Ooc — Rat
Xi'nuata had clearly fared better than Larch in sticking with the pack; the dulled honey female was glad for that – their comradeship had been nothing longer than a few glimpses and a short conversation, but Larch admired the tan woman's quiet, kindly yet confident ways. She had no doubt than the Warden had risen through the ranks to be in a position where she was fully justified in the air-snap which she aimed towards the golden-brown returnee.

Larch flinched at the flash of teeth, letting out an whine of appeasement. The quietly growled words sunk in even through ears pressed down to her skull, and she gave a jerk of her head. β€œThe fault is my own,” the hazel-eyed female disagreed in a familiar ringing voice before letting her muzzle sink to the level of her chest again. In abashed tones she confirmed: β€œI understand.”

It hadn't been until Xi'nuata's appearance that Larch realised she had been missing the comforting sight and scent of someone she knew, and her shame was further ingrained. It would take some work to regain her pride after being thrown up by the mountains, bruised and faded, in a state which would make her shy away from anyone else. She was unable to shy away from herself, though, and perhaps the sensation of vulnerability was what she needed to stay afloat in the sea of wanderlust which had carried her away.
Messages In This Thread
[IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 28, 2014, 03:38 PM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 04:04 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 08:37 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 10:24 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 30, 2014, 09:14 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 31, 2014, 06:23 AM