[IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone
16 Posts
Ooc — Rat
Only when the strong back faced her did Larch allow her gaze to linger wonderingly, though she had the sense that her superior would feel it if her hazel eyes bored into her for too long – not that they were capable of doing much boring at the moment. Larch's eyelids felt heavy with fatigue; she had been on high alert for the past several days, trying to seek a way back without landing herself in hot water. They were also weighted by the relief which devoured her when Xi'nuata's tail switched against the cool, shaded ground.

A softness entered the Gamma's heterochromatic eyes and for a moment Larch's ears stood up on her crown, her own eyes studiously hopeful. Responsibility might have hardened the tan woman somewhat, but Larch believed in the moments when her eyes softened that that was the core of Xi'nuata. Better she than Larch to dole out reprimands.

Her words seemed ambiguous at first but it was clear that her duty of care overrode any annoyance Xi'nuata might have felt at Larch's absence. It was Larch's turn to be dutiful, and she struck up a pace beside the tawny figure, trying in earnest to pick up her paws. As she listened, the beginnings of a frown marked her brow: it sounded as if Larch would be needed when she was back to her usual fighting fit state. Hopefully that wouldn't take long.

“Trouble?” the honeyed she-wolf posed, dulled hazel eyes flickering sideways to the fellow Valer. Larch was no stranger to trouble, as witnessed by her slightly worn fur and less than lustrous gaze, but the thought of it reaching the Vale was an unwelcome one all the same. Her head swung away for a moment to regard the climbing peaks of protection and danger rolled into one, but she knew Xi'nuata was more likely to pick up on any disturbances. The other's presence calmed Larch enough for her to keep moving forward – and now she had a glimpse of where she might be led. "I won't need to rest long," she vowed.
Messages In This Thread
[IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 28, 2014, 03:38 PM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 04:04 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 08:37 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 10:24 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 30, 2014, 09:14 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 31, 2014, 06:23 AM