[IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone
16 Posts
Ooc — Rat
The spring was a tantalizing offering for the muddied and worn female; it was some time since she'd soothed or rested her paws, even more time since she'd had a thorough wash, and she had little excuse other than inner confusion. With every step she had missed the Vale yet something had lured her out into the wilds and it had forced her through a wild goose chase until Larch had realised that it was Northstar Vale she had been missing all along - and being a true part of it was what she wanted. The warmth of the springs affirmed that desire in her mind as she dipped her paws in slowly, letting relaxation work from claw to ear tips.

For a moment Larch was lulled into serenity, quietly enveloped in a feeling of safety and shelter, flanked on one side by Xi'nuata's more presentable form with the constant trickle of water permeating her ears. It felt as if the cleansing was working its way into her mind, seeping and swirling gently to remove her mental wounds.

When the Gamma spoke, though, there proved to be nothing blocking Larch's ears or muffling the words. There had been trouble stemming from the Creek pack. Black-ticked ears folded back sharply as the woman's brows pulled down. It seemed that others, who didn't belong, who had no desire to protect the Vale, had thought it fit to raid their stores. Had it not been for her raw throat, Larch might have let a growl slip under her breath.

As it was, what entered the air was a sharply expelled sigh. The water was creeping up to Larch's legs now, and the sound was partly due to that relief from the frigid air. The woman's gold-spun tail dragged in the water, creating rivulets around and behind it. The bent and broken tip twitched in irritation, but it was all directed to herself. "I doubt I could have stopped it," she said at first, narrowed eyes on the bubbling spring. How cheerful it was. "But even so.." Larch shook her head, her eyes searching for her superior and softening slightly. "I don't care if I can't leave. It might be good for me."
Messages In This Thread
[IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 28, 2014, 03:38 PM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 04:04 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 08:37 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 10:24 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 30, 2014, 09:14 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 31, 2014, 06:23 AM