Lost Creek Hollow we swore we knew the future
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
A moment of silence passed between them before Luke rejoined; his question left Mordecai to ponder quietly for a few beats before he gave a shake of his head. "Nothing particular comes to mind, though if I think of something I'll be sure to let you know." Perhaps Luke was hunting for something more to do himself and honestly, Mordecai did not know what more they could do. Short of preparing themselves for winter and keeping an eye on things outside — both of which they seemingly had under control — he found that he was uncertain. But the tarnish of doubt did not deter him, at least not entirely.

"Of course, if you think that there's something more that we should be doing, I'm all ears too." The proposition seemed a fair one to make, though he was hanging on the notion that he was missing something. They had no young to worry after, no conflicts that came to his mind. Sure, there had been the wavering presence of some of those in their midst but he knew there was little he could do to stop them if they decided to go. The presumption that they would say something was long behind him like the days of the Spine; if they went, they went. If they returned for the better then good on them. Freeloaders would be another story, but for now he had settled into a period of relative grace.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
we swore we knew the future - by Mordecai - September 21, 2015, 04:01 PM
RE: we swore we knew the future - by Luke - September 26, 2015, 01:34 PM
RE: we swore we knew the future - by Mordecai - September 28, 2015, 07:04 PM
RE: we swore we knew the future - by Luke - September 30, 2015, 06:10 PM
RE: we swore we knew the future - by Mordecai - October 01, 2015, 09:50 PM
RE: we swore we knew the future - by Luke - October 04, 2015, 11:30 AM
RE: we swore we knew the future - by Mordecai - October 05, 2015, 11:22 PM
RE: we swore we knew the future - by Luke - October 11, 2015, 06:53 PM
RE: we swore we knew the future - by Mordecai - October 12, 2015, 11:26 PM
RE: we swore we knew the future - by Luke - October 15, 2015, 06:05 PM