[IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone
16 Posts
Ooc — Rat
The Warrior's words were full of surety, soft yet firm, and Larch yielded to them after a moment, giving a downward sweep of her head before bringing it back up. Hazel eyes didn't have their previous jollity or brightness, but there was a gleam of fierceness in them which spoke of Larch's renewed determination to protect their home. She could feel her strength pushing at the barriers of her present tiredness and weakness, ready and waiting to return to her. Yet her body sagged a little as she enjoyed the water.

Larch was drawn to Xi'nuata, no doubt about it, and her eyes sought out the robust figure with every sweep they took over the dancing ripples of water. Her gaze never stayed put, though – it was as fickle in its wanderings as Larch had been in leaving the Vale. Her tail snaked slowly through the water, her eyes half-lidded in relaxation, though her ears still twitched to the melodies of the spring and the meadow which encased it.

It was strange to be in the open after running and hiding for so many days, but Larch had had her fill of hiding. The embers of her vibrant personality needed room to breathe and grow back into a fire, and it was pleasant to tilt her head back and see open skies, their vastness clear, untainted by branches or rocks.

Larch's head was far from in the clouds, though. She was still turning over the thoughts of the raids in her mind, wondering how she would have prevented them. She was unable to come to any conclusion other than let them dare to try again. "I will defend my home," she repeated in a solid voice, straightening her posture and nodding again.
Messages In This Thread
[IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 28, 2014, 03:38 PM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 04:04 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 08:37 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 29, 2014, 10:24 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 30, 2014, 09:14 AM
RE: [IC rejoining!] Kicking my heels, alone - by Larch - March 31, 2014, 06:23 AM