Blacktail Deer Plateau I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Finally ;.; wah we can wrap this and perhaps they can go explore together soon yes?

If Lasher wished him to lead them to the new land, then lead he would - but he would not do so under false pretenses.  Before they left, when they announced the move (if not before, should Lasher wish it), he would inform all who would be their King once the new place was founded.  This would allow them to transition, and to decide for themselves what to do when the relocation was begun.  He had few doubts that they would see what he too saw clearly- that Lasher was far superior to his own guidance- but they deserved the choice themselves.

He almost missed the point of Lasher's next request, but when it sank in, he was at first not sure what to make of it.  He had thought at one time even the role of Beta too much responsibility... but for some reason, this time, he found he was honored by the trust.  And he would say as much.  "I would be honored.  Hopefully I'll be able to support you even half as well as you have me."  It was a rare expression, but it felt appropriate.  Lasher had become the brother he did not deserve, and he wondered sometimes how different things would have been had both his Betas decided to turn South a year past.  

After, he wasn't quite sure what to say, and fell to silently looking at the trees that surrounded them.  It would be odd, leaving this behind.  And he was sure, when the time came, he would miss it more than he even felt he would now.  But that would pass, and the new place might just become more their home than this place could ever be.
Messages In This Thread
I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Dante RIP - September 22, 2015, 06:41 AM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Lasher - September 24, 2015, 12:10 AM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Dante RIP - September 25, 2015, 10:18 AM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Lasher - September 26, 2015, 12:51 PM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Dante RIP - September 26, 2015, 04:35 PM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Lasher - September 26, 2015, 07:50 PM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Dante RIP - September 26, 2015, 08:49 PM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Lasher - September 28, 2015, 07:58 AM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Dante RIP - September 30, 2015, 07:04 AM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Lasher - September 30, 2015, 09:50 PM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Dante RIP - October 01, 2015, 08:20 AM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Lasher - October 03, 2015, 07:59 AM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Dante RIP - October 08, 2015, 08:50 PM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Lasher - October 09, 2015, 11:37 AM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Dante RIP - October 19, 2015, 08:12 PM
RE: I'm Hemingway with a shot of whiskey - by Lasher - October 21, 2015, 11:35 AM