Lost Creek Hollow no harm no foul, i guess
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
Perhaps where he had anticipated some concerning piece of information, what he got was nothing too out of the ordinary from what he had seen of Luke that day. Where the blue-nosed beta felt he had not shown enough responsibility to his perceived duty, Mordecai had felt there was little he could have done to quell that feeling. Had their roles been reversed, it was just as probable that he would have felt that way himself, albeit that he would not have brought such feelings out into the open. That was where the comparison ended sharply between them — Luke had always been more open about things compared to Mordecai. Even now, the same remained as Ilya's statements turned to questions.

"I spoke to him once, a few days ago at most," he said with a shake of his head; Mordecai felt a very weak grasp of how much time had passed. He had been in a worst state then, not at all keen on leaving the den he and Harlyn had relocated to once she had tended to his wounds and let him rest. "But, he's probably extended our range a bit, and maybe further out of our normal borders. I wouldn't blame him if he's making sure that the cat is staying away." And perhaps Luke had dispatched himself to warn others, though Mordecai did not know who he would have gone to, or where he would have headed. Harlyn had not informed him of such, either.

And maybe, he had gone to recruit others to bolster their numbers and reinforce their claim.

"Either way, I'm not sure I would worry too much," he went on with the return of a smile; his best attempt at trying to reassure her. There was no doubt to him that these things were meant to be a sobering experience and it had been, but it would affect them all differently. Things would be calmer eventually, their more solemn and business-like attitudes would taper off in time. And if they didn't entirely, that was a just response too; none of them could be too sure what sort of nefarious events would come their way.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
no harm no foul, i guess - by Ilya - December 10, 2015, 02:49 PM
RE: no harm no foul, i guess - by Mordecai - December 11, 2015, 11:06 AM
RE: no harm no foul, i guess - by Ilya - December 12, 2015, 11:03 AM
RE: no harm no foul, i guess - by Mordecai - December 12, 2015, 05:02 PM
RE: no harm no foul, i guess - by Ilya - December 12, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: no harm no foul, i guess - by Mordecai - December 12, 2015, 06:37 PM
RE: no harm no foul, i guess - by Ilya - December 13, 2015, 12:08 AM
RE: no harm no foul, i guess - by Mordecai - December 13, 2015, 03:23 PM
RE: no harm no foul, i guess - by Ilya - December 14, 2015, 07:28 PM
RE: no harm no foul, i guess - by Mordecai - December 15, 2015, 12:56 PM