Sequoia Coast look to your soul for these things that you know
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
he looked upon the woman with affection as she drew herself up -- the sillage of their parting had left a bitter incense in his nostrils, and he was pleased to see her once more, in the flesh and hale as ever. "i knew it as saltywinter," the druid rejoined with a drollness to his dark features. "i came to see how you fared in your grotto, and found it claimed. your sergeant has a definite rough charm." the priestess would know of whom he spoke. presently, taltos gazed out toward the sea, his stare upon the lap of foam against the cold grains of sand.

"yes. we are settled. donnelaith," lasher answered belatedly, following the line of her eyes to his previously injured flesh. it had knit as well as could be expected, but twinges of pain pursued one another along the muscle there on the colder mornings. he suspected it was the burden of age that had removed such easy healing from him as well. "during my visit, i came a most embarrassing realization: i know not your name, nor have i ever offered my own."

he gave a low rill of chuckling. "indeed; several times have we met and yet not the most basic factor has been exchanged." and yet he suspected that more than such superficial things bound them, though lasher was loathe to mention, or even think of their existences until it was clear they were founded.
Messages In This Thread
RE: look to your soul for these things that you know - by Lasher - December 17, 2015, 10:07 PM