Flycatcher Downs i forgot softness, it did not serve me
bury my love in moondust
70 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
No need to apologize!  I should because I wrote this post while I am not 100% sober, whoops.

The wolf takes the lead before Root can stop him, moving along so that she has to keep up with him.  Her eyes narrow, boring into the back of his head, but she doesn’t speak up.  There is a delicate balance using a wolf she doesn’t know and if he does all the work, she might owe him something in return. Or if she’s careful, she can use it to her advantage and take the credit later.  It isn’t enough to soothe her irritation as it builds in her chest.

Her original plan to use the wolf to help direct the herd hadn’t gone as she expected it to but she’s distracted for a moment when he speaks.  Deer.

Root looks up, stepping carefully to avoid the droppings.  The herd isn’t in sight but they should be close.  Her nose drops, inhaling the ground to find it fresh enough.  With a few graceful steps, she crunches the snow beneath her paws to set back into motion, focused on the job at hand.  The other could follow should he choose to but she can’t let him cloud her priorities anymore.  

When he follows, Root eventually stumbles across the herd of deer she'd seen several days ago. A grin forms on her features and she looks to her companion, jerking her head to begin a chase that ultimately leads the herd toward her home.
Messages In This Thread
i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Root - December 12, 2015, 11:52 PM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Bastien - December 13, 2015, 12:17 AM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Root - December 13, 2015, 01:46 PM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Bastien - December 13, 2015, 03:47 PM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Root - December 17, 2015, 11:36 PM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Bastien - December 23, 2015, 01:43 AM
RE: i forgot softness, it did not serve me - by Root - December 24, 2015, 11:44 PM