Redhawk Caldera Settling down is hard, but there's a challenge anyway
Banned
19 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
The one and only thing stopping the male from his standard response - to intimidate - was the obvious aura the newcomer had about him - as well as the plain mix of scents ever present about him that signified that it wasn't just any wolf come to greet him. No, not even the Betas. This was the Alpha Male himself, grand high king of whoever whatever lay in this...delightful area. 

Upon instinct (he couldn't control it - and besides, his instincts had often saved his life) Jim moved his tail to stay low, lower than it'd been just now. His ears flattened automatically but otherwise, the ginger hued man made no more movements. 

His voice was surprisingly strong, a far cry from the unimpressive howl just earlier. Sure, it carried the quake of someone who had been a loner too long, quavering here and there from lack of social interaction. 

"Let's cut to the chase here, sir," Jim started, eyes raising up to meet the Alpha's. His short height meant he had to crane his neck just to be able to respectfully meet his gaze. "My name is Jim. I seek to join your pack." This pause after the sentence would give the Alpha more than enough time to butt in, or listen. 

"It's winter now," the overall tone of the voice was mild, probably what you'd expect from such a tiny creature. Mild as in not booming or anything, but with a certain thing in it that made it noticeable, something that would be listened to. It was like a tone that did not speak often, but once released, usually had others heed the words of the speaker. In hindsight, it was lucky Jim had that quality about him, because he'd be dead by now (from various causes) if he hadn't. From a complete size-lung capacity ratio, this volume was what you'd expect as an average. But the quality? Nope, that was not a talent, but a trait. 

"My most valuable skills to you and your pack right now are: being a decent hunter - I've kept my family's table full, warrior training - I may be small, but I've worked all my life. Hardly any fat on these bones." Jim almost wanted to add that he knew basic herbalry, but they probably already had a healer. So, assuming that the unassuming wolf got in, he'd probably be a hunter again anyway.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Settling down is hard, but there's a challenge anyway - by Jim - February 28, 2016, 05:46 PM