Blacktail Deer Plateau i'll see what tomorrow brings
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
@Blue Willow
I tried to powerplay only a teeny bit but if anything needs changed let me know and I'll gladly edit. I figured I'd tag you first so you can reply and then I'll tag Kat/Peregrine. :3

<style type="text/css"> r {color:#8aafb7; font-size: 10px;} .rbox {background-color: #181818; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/cj55V8E.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat;} .rtext {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#426970; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 380px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

The journey to Blacktail Deer Plateau was made in about roughly two days, time tucked out of their journey for hunting and sleeping of course. It was during this alone time with Blue Willow that Ragnar filled her in on what had happened with Horizon Ridge recently, covering everything from the landslide, to Aklhut’s disappearance and Pump’s rise to power. Really, it wasn’t much news but it was pretty big, nevertheless and the change in leadership might change things. Up to that point, as far as Ragnar was aware at any rate, no one else was aware of the landslide that had scarred half of their lands and made part of them impassable and inhabitable; and while Blue Willow slept he kept watch, stealing shut eye when she went off to hunt for herself or collect her flowers or whatever it was she was doing. He had learned that she was a healer on the Plateau and couldn’t help but think that maybe, someday, Thistle and Blue Willow should meet to exchange knowledge or trade secrets or whatever it was healers did when they came across another healer.

Ragnar missed Thistle he realized. There hollow feeling radiating within his chest as if something vital had been left behind at the Ridge. He missed her restless shuffling at night, he missed the saccharine scent that lingered upon her fur - the sweet scent of her mother’s milk that her body was producing in preparation of the babes she carried coming into the world. It would be soon now, he knew and he did not wish to prolong this trip. He did not want to miss the birth of his children even if they belonged to Crete by blood. He had never had any rights to them - you didn’t get rights to having procreating with a young and innocent female obviously in her first season of heat and then leaving as if it had never happened.

Ragnar glimpsed at Blue Willow as their pace slowed, the scent of the Plateau’s borders alerting the Viking to their approach, causing him to draw to a stop a respectful distance away as his icy, oceanic eyes took in the view before him before he looked, once more, to Blue Willow. “This is it?” Of course it was more of a rhetorical question than an actual one, the borders smelled like Blue Willow and like the musk of Crete that had clung to Thistle’s fur the night that he had accurately guessed what had transpired.

Messages In This Thread
i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Ragnar - April 30, 2014, 06:27 AM
RE: i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Blue Willow - April 30, 2014, 09:50 AM
RE: i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Ragnar - April 30, 2014, 10:14 AM
RE: i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Blue Willow - April 30, 2014, 10:30 AM
RE: i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Blue Willow - April 30, 2014, 03:20 PM
RE: i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Ragnar - April 30, 2014, 03:34 PM
RE: i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Blue Willow - April 30, 2014, 03:58 PM
RE: i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Ragnar - April 30, 2014, 04:12 PM
RE: i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Blue Willow - April 30, 2014, 05:23 PM
RE: i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Ragnar - April 30, 2014, 05:45 PM
RE: i'll see what tomorrow brings - by Blue Willow - April 30, 2014, 06:32 PM