Phoenix Maplewood I know that you got daddy issues, and I do too
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Shreya took a long breath, and her exhale was not shaky. For while this was all very new to her, there was something solid about what they were doing. War was on the horizon, so they ran from it — to safety. They had young puppies with them, so paired each with some of the most capable members of the pack. They prioritised unity, and emphasised urgency. Dear little Grace parted, but rationally so. What was happening to Phoenix Maplewood was tragic and dramatic, yes, but not scary. At least, not to an elder who knew when it was time to shudder — and now was not that time.

So she focused entirely on summoning all the strength she could, knowing that there would be a long journey ahead of them. When they passed a near-dwindled cache she took a dead vole when her superiors had chosen their share, but carried no more than that. Shreya would perhaps be the slowest of the party, so she had to travel light, stay focused, and keep pace. She would miss Esaro and Grace, just as she quietly missed Reek, but her new life (the life of her golden months) was one of comings and goings. Change was no enemy.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I know that you got daddy issues, and I do too - by Shreya - April 21, 2016, 05:34 PM