Blackfoot Forest I spend my nights dancing with my own shadow
☀️
160 Posts
Ooc — Java
the woman spoke of things that had crossed hosannah's mind as well, but it was a comfort to hear the thoughts spoken aloud. though when liri explained the will of aaron their leader, her brow once more furrowed. he weds us, but we are not to complete the ritual? how odd. but then, this was a different place. if aaron chose to do the ritual halfway, then it served to corrupt everything; hosannah could not consider herself wed without the proper ending, which to her was the joining of two bodies as one. it also seemed as if liri had not heard her — the act of intercourse did not frighten hosannah, as it was only a physical dance between two mortals. there was nothing special about it, or so she had been taught. the way of her people was very different from these oddities, to be sure. but you are right, the woman finally conceded. perhaps i only need to meet this gotham, speak to him, and understand him. you are very wise, deketor.

with this new thought budding in her mind, hosannah knew there was little time before she would seek out gotham, to get to know him. she did not entirely want to know him — her stay here was enlightening but she worried for her immortal soul; to deviate from the teachings of the priests in order to condemn the sinful and the afflicted was one thing, but hosannah was nervous still that she was going too far from her roots. liri — i will seek him out now, in fact. you are a skilled counselor, and i am grateful. with a prompt little bow of her head, hosannah turned and was off - not waiting for further communication - although once she swept back among the shadows of the forest she was so filled with doubts that she did not follow through, and would venture away from the territory for respite.
Messages In This Thread
I spend my nights dancing with my own shadow - by Síff - April 16, 2016, 08:15 AM
RE: I spend my nights dancing with my own shadow - by RIP Hosannah - April 23, 2016, 03:00 PM