Phoenix Maplewood I know that you got daddy issues, and I do too
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
A few wolves pause along the way to grab items from the caches strewn about the territory, but to the pack's great misfortune, they leave the majority of their belongings behind. This is the life of the wolf, though; they are nomads by blood and now nomads in name. They can hunt on the go, rest wherever shelter may be found, and remain ever one step ahead of their adversaries. Resplendent phoenixes are much faster than sleepy dragons, a fact that would be proven by their hasty flight.

For while Thuringwethil is surely plotting war atop her smoking mount, Saena believes it to be Phoenix Maplewood's victory to escape this unscathed, to be given advanced warning by the bumbling fool that awakened the dragons. A land under constant threat on both sides isn't worth it, after all, and with the safety of her pups and wolves to consider, losing the maplewood is no skin off the Alpha female's back, a fact she will come to acknowledge in time (presently she is much too rattled). Had there been no cubs, and had Esaro not revealed the alliance between Reek and the Dragons, perhaps the pack would've stayed and fought for what was theirs, and perhaps emerged victorious. As it was, there was no point trying.

When they breach the trees, she glances back one last time, knowing this is the best course for them, and then leads her wolves to the mountains, leaving the taiga behind for good.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I know that you got daddy issues, and I do too - by Saēna - April 24, 2016, 11:58 AM