Ankyra Sound we live through scars this time
i'm a hold my cards close, i'm a wreck what i love most
123 Posts
Ooc —
With a grunt, the gravid female hoisted herself over the bole and galumphed to the next, proceeding with her task despite the distraction of Maude's presence. A serene expression dominated her features, voice peppy as she spoke, "Yup, I'm starving you bitches out." More strictly speaking, were the thought of raiding Saltwinter's cache to even touch the peripherals of consideration in her mind, Caiaphas' intuition would sense it tout de suite and Lusca would not have been long for this world. Best case scenario, she would be eating through a straw. 

At any rate, gestation washed out her appetite. In the spring of her pregnancy she regurgitated nearly everything shortly after consuming it, and it had soured her to most of the food options available on the coast. She got by on whatever bite-sized varmints she could scare up in the forest, but most days, the effort she put into the process barely made the scant morsels worth her exhaustion.

She lifted her head and squinted her eyes, gesturing pointedly at Maude with a look of incredulity. "Who the hell are you to accuse me anyway? You're new. You have no idea what it's like here." Lusca was a pre-existing condition; she'd been a fixture as Saltwinter's gudgeon for months––her investment in the cache was nearly nonexistent and as such, she did not partake of its contents. She only had herself to rely on, and rarely had the opportunity to reap the benefits of living off the successes of the pack. She did not live comfortably. 

But blow-ins like this wolf, adjusting to pack life presumably after a straggler life sustained only by frugality... well, more mouths to feed was a strain on communal resources alone.
Messages In This Thread
we live through scars this time - by Lusca - April 16, 2016, 06:22 PM
RE: we live through scars this time - by Maude - April 19, 2016, 04:11 PM
RE: we live through scars this time - by Lusca - April 23, 2016, 11:12 PM
RE: we live through scars this time - by Maude - April 24, 2016, 06:51 PM
RE: we live through scars this time - by Lusca - April 29, 2016, 05:41 PM
RE: we live through scars this time - by Maude - April 30, 2016, 09:09 AM
RE: we live through scars this time - by Lusca - May 06, 2016, 12:28 PM
RE: we live through scars this time - by Maude - May 22, 2016, 12:48 AM