Sleeping Dragon If I had a voice I could sing
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
hover over the words for the translation!

Gyda could feel them move once more — the flutter in her womb a direct confirmation to it — and shifted her weight once but remained standing despite that she desired to recline back upon her haunches. Reclining showed an comfort that she did not feel, yet. Certainly, there was some draw of kinship with this other viking woman but it was not deeply seeded. She was not of Odinn's Cove and Gyda could not let the trickle of excitement she felt at meeting a Viking from another clan that was not directly related to the Cove or the Moor cloud her judgment. This was exactly that: a judgment. There was much Gyda needed to consider and just because they shared a culture and a faith did not mean an automatic acceptance. Gyda needed to be careful of who was allowed into Sleeping Dragon, especially as close to her due date as she feared she was. She had perhaps two weeks or so to go, yet. Not far, at all. She needed to know that she could trust the wolves beneath her rule with her children. Already there was one within their ranks that she did not and could not trust though, admittedly, she had not seen hide nor hair of the girl in some time.

Queen. The word in Ragnar's native tongue fell from the stranger's lips and Gyda took a moment to revel in it. It had been some time since she'd heard it, since she'd spoken it. It was familiar to her and Gyda had not realized how fiercely she had missed it until this very moment as it graced the air between them. It took Gyda a moment to realize that Wildfire had begun to speak, making the introductions. Lagertha, the woman's name was. “Thank you, Wildfire,” Gyda offered the flame kissed young woman with a warm smile and a sage nod. Wildfire had taken a step back but Gyda was silently grateful that she did not leave all together. Þú talaðir um að þú getur barist, Gyda drew, letting it be known that she had heard, at the very least, the tail end of what Lagertha had spoken. It was refreshing to speak in the tongue of her people, though she reverted back to the common tongue out of courtesy for Wildfire whom lingered nearby. “as you can see a famine has us in it's grasp. What other skills can you offer us that will be beneficial to us?” The expecting mother inquired. Sleeping Dragon had plenty of warriors and guardians ...they needed hunters, they needed medics. She needed to ensure that every new member could aid them. The green had begun to return but it was a slow process and the herds had yet to reappear. The worst might have been over, perhaps, but their lives were still threatened and things remained grave yet. Gyda did not allow herself the foolish hope that they were out of the deep end just yet.
and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
If I had a voice I could sing - by Lagertha - June 10, 2016, 12:55 PM
RE: If I had a voice I could sing - by Wildfire - June 10, 2016, 02:06 PM
RE: If I had a voice I could sing - by Lagertha - June 10, 2016, 04:10 PM
RE: If I had a voice I could sing - by Gyda - June 10, 2016, 04:44 PM
RE: If I had a voice I could sing - by Wildfire - June 10, 2016, 05:47 PM
RE: If I had a voice I could sing - by Lagertha - June 10, 2016, 09:39 PM
RE: If I had a voice I could sing - by Gyda - June 11, 2016, 04:53 AM
RE: If I had a voice I could sing - by Lagertha - June 11, 2016, 12:33 PM
RE: If I had a voice I could sing - by Antumbra - June 11, 2016, 01:33 PM