The Sentinels my heartbeat could tell you it's urgent
But in the silence I heard you calling out to me
263 Posts
Ooc — Ashur
Last post from me, unless there's more to be said. And thanks so much for the thread! I honestly enjoyed it a ton <3

Lasher would not bend, and while Malachi wished to press further, the dark man's tone assured him any further words would prove futile. Sorrow and frustration crawled through the Kalderon's chest -sorrow for the Mayfairs and Donnelaith and his inability to break though the wall he'd help build against them, and frustration at himself for having burned yet another bridge he could never cross again.

His heart twisted and tempted him to cave into pity again, but this time, he hardened his resolve. No. This time he would not yield. This time, things would be different. He had made plenty mistakes in the past. It seemed his life was one mess after another, and three packs had suffered on account of his choice to wallow in shame and insecurity. But Malachi had had enough.

The Kalderon rose from the dust. Sorrow clung to every joint, and while he would not let it consume him again, he let the deep sadness in his chest manifest in his eyes when he braved a final look to Lasher. The dark man stood before him but a spectre of what he had once been, and Malachi loathed that he would not be able to help these wolves from within their ranks. But he held his tongue and a beat of silence from the Kalderon followed Lasher's dismissal before he gave the Mayfair a deep bow of his head out of truly won reverence and respect. His fear of the man had not wavered, nor had his love for the Mayfairs. But he was not welcome here, and he had no desire to shed blood in an attempt to win himself a place among them again.

So Malachi backed away from Donnelaith's claim and the bite of the sea and turned himself away. A part of his heart would always rest with the Mayfairs here, as it did with the Vale and Duskfire still, but he would try to move on. He had to.
Trades
[Image: warden.gif][Image: naturalist.gif] 1/5 | [Image: chronicler.gif] 2/5
Messages In This Thread
my heartbeat could tell you it's urgent - by Malachi - June 02, 2016, 10:54 PM
RE: my heartbeat could tell you it's urgent - by Malachi - June 18, 2016, 11:08 AM