Hushed Willows oh, the earth fueled the flame
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
She spoke of the scenery that was there before and he wondered after it. He knew the trees to be willow, but their peculiar tendrils were all but there now. Whatever seclusion the place may have brought was diminished considerably, but he would not deny that there may have been beauty within still. There were features to the territory that made it a likely fortress in trying times such as those—the caverns that housed them certainly came to mind.

But their conversation deviated from small talk, though he did not mind the dive into the source of his being there. He affirmed who he was with a simple nod, unable to stop the ghost of a smile at the mention of his mate. Mordecai had not entirely been one to attach a moniker to what he was or wasn't, though it was an easy wager that he would not stray from Harlyn.

"I had hoped to bring word of larger game back to her, to you. But it would seem that the herds have moved on for now, and hopefully not for too long. Those bugs... they certainly made a mess of things for as far as I was willing to travel." It had stretched much farther than he could have ever anticipated; the traces of his mirth moments ago were long gone at the mention. "We owe you," he went on to say after a beat, shuffling his weight out of habit. "I"m sure that Harlyn has told you that she's a healer; I'm more of a hunter, a guardian." Likely, she already had several of the sort beneath her, but the unspoken offer remained. He'd make certain they earned their keep.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
Messages In This Thread
oh, the earth fueled the flame - by Mordecai - June 22, 2016, 02:27 PM
RE: oh, the earth fueled the flame - by RIP Tavi - June 22, 2016, 02:40 PM
RE: oh, the earth fueled the flame - by Mordecai - June 22, 2016, 04:39 PM
RE: oh, the earth fueled the flame - by RIP Tavi - June 22, 2016, 09:35 PM
RE: oh, the earth fueled the flame - by Mordecai - June 24, 2016, 01:57 AM
RE: oh, the earth fueled the flame - by RIP Tavi - June 24, 2016, 12:13 PM
RE: oh, the earth fueled the flame - by Mordecai - June 24, 2016, 01:49 PM
RE: oh, the earth fueled the flame - by RIP Tavi - July 10, 2016, 01:19 PM
RE: oh, the earth fueled the flame - by Mordecai - July 11, 2016, 12:29 PM
RE: oh, the earth fueled the flame - by RIP Tavi - July 13, 2016, 02:39 PM