Redhawk Caldera I need somewhere to begin
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Hearing that Peter loves him is like a soothing balm to Peregrine's raw, aching, blistering heart. "Oh, Peter..." he breathes, unsure of what he wants to say. He's affected, overwhelmed. "I love you so much, it's retar—" he begins to say (uncouthly), but his son's eagerness about those calling for him stays his tongue.

His head tilts. He still doesn't hear anything, even though Peter insists they're calling for them both. Peregrine wonders if the message isn't actually meant for him, just his little boy. Maybe they're calling him home to Neverland, where little boys go and never grow old. He doesn't know where that thought comes from and, like with everything else, doesn't question it.

Thusly convinced he's not supposed to go, Peregrine considers it anyway. What if he follows Peter, goes with him into... the afterlife? Is that what this is? Maybe he could go with his son and see everyone else he's lost over the years. The idea comforts him. Peregrine seriously considers it (more carefully than during his abortive suicide attempt). But he also glances over his shoulder, as if he might see his living family there. He doesn't. But he senses them. Can he leave them behind?
Messages In This Thread
I need somewhere to begin - by Peter - June 24, 2016, 10:17 AM
RE: I need somewhere to begin - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 24, 2016, 10:33 AM
RE: I need somewhere to begin - by Peter - June 24, 2016, 02:51 PM
RE: I need somewhere to begin - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 24, 2016, 03:01 PM
RE: I need somewhere to begin - by Peter - June 24, 2016, 03:15 PM
RE: I need somewhere to begin - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 25, 2016, 07:04 PM
RE: I need somewhere to begin - by Peter - June 28, 2016, 03:43 PM
RE: I need somewhere to begin - by Peregrine Redhawk - June 29, 2016, 09:47 AM
RE: I need somewhere to begin - by Peter - July 02, 2016, 03:34 PM
RE: I need somewhere to begin - by Peregrine Redhawk - July 03, 2016, 12:37 PM
RE: I need somewhere to begin - by Peter - July 03, 2016, 02:44 PM