King Elk Forest blood in the sunlight
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
awww!
The truth was Riptide probably should have taken a few days to rest since his fall from the cliffs but there was too much work to be done and he found that he could not simply sit idle. The wraiths were restless and he needed to be prepared. He was not the only aspiring witch doctor of the Bay but that hardly mattered. It was no excuse for him to be lax or to rest while he could be out collecting herbs and building his cache. His patient freed her paw with a cacophonic whimper but the important part that she was free — and it wasn't as if they hadn't know pain would be involved. There'd been no easy way and despite her jesting chewing it off while beyond excessive, would have also caused her excruciating pain. Pain that the opium he'd made her ingest might not be able to combat — at least not in the small dosage he'd given her.

He gave his shoulders a roll, gritting his teeth against the pain that rippled through the muscles, yet largely ignored it. “Well that wasn't so bad,” but he was a little breathless though he doubted his aches were anything compared to her's. The opium would kick in soon enough and he doubted she would feel much of her wounds when it did. Unfortunately, he needed his mind clear for he still had quite a ways to go before he reached the Bay. “I'm going to put a poultice on that bite now, so if you could hold out your leg for me,” He suggested with a thoughtful hum before he nosed through the oak leaves he'd portioned out and took them in betwixt his jaws and chewed them until it formed a (gross) paste in his mouth.

When it was a good spreading constancy he moved over to her and with a moment of hesitation, spit the chewed oak leaf paste on the abrasion, spreading it as best he could and with as minimal pressure as possible so that it covered the entire bite as opposed to his nose. “There,” The witch doctor withdrew admiring his handiwork for a moment. “It might cause some irritation and itch when it dries but try to let it be, at least until you get home.” He didn't know if her pack had a medic or not but surely someone capable could keep an eye on it and her for safe measure.

Her paw was freed, he'd addressed the bite she'd received, he went through the mental checklist in his mind, confident that he'd tended to everything. “Was there anything else you need me to tend to?” He asked, just in case.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
blood in the sunlight - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 09:11 AM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 01:04 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 01:13 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 01:49 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 01:57 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 02:59 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Shreya - July 02, 2016, 04:31 PM
RE: blood in the sunlight - by Arturo - July 02, 2016, 05:37 PM