Cedar Sweep Wait for them to ask you who you know
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo listened to Bain speak, feeling a slight swell of annoyance rise in his chest towards his eldest son as the boy spoke as if such things: fending for himself, fighting, and providing for himself were not things that Duana and him had taught him growing up. To listen to the boy speak it was as if Arturo and Duana had been absent from his life which was far from the truth. Was that what he told them? That he was some sort of cast off, shunned and unloved, untaught by those that bore him? Arturo had never particularly coddled his eldest, it was true, but neither had he coddled Bowie, either. They were boys. They were raised to become and step up to the plate of “man of the house”, to take over the business if some tragedy were to befall the Fearghal monarch. Just because Arturo had never coddled his sons did not mean they were not just as precious to him as his daughters. He'd been a good father to them...or so he had always assumed. Perhaps his assumption was wrong, he considered as his stared at his son, stoic and keeping the inner turmoil he felt to himself.

A father/son fight was not in anyone's best interest and Arturo had made a career out of being able to keep his diplomatic head and poker face when confronted with something he didn't like and/or didn't want to hear.

“I am glad you are well,” Arturo commented after Bain had posed the question back to the gangster. It was a small comfort to know the fate of three out of four of his children. Worry for Bowie nagged at the back of the Fearghal monarch's mind but he did his best to keep it at bay. Bowie had been given the tools he needed to survive the cruelties of the world and more importantly, he was a Fearghal. Arturo was a survivor, he endured and he expected his children to have that same survivor instinct within them. “I have survived it,” Though there were a few times when he was not so confident about it. The famine had been a hardship unlike any Arturo had ever known but he suspected that he came out of it stronger than he'd been before. In some way, it had been a boon.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
Wait for them to ask you who you know - by Bain - June 22, 2016, 02:51 PM
RE: Wait for them to ask you who you know - by Arturo - June 23, 2016, 05:25 PM
RE: Wait for them to ask you who you know - by Bain - June 23, 2016, 10:04 PM
RE: Wait for them to ask you who you know - by Arturo - June 29, 2016, 03:00 PM
RE: Wait for them to ask you who you know - by Bain - June 29, 2016, 06:48 PM
RE: Wait for them to ask you who you know - by Arturo - July 04, 2016, 06:42 AM
RE: Wait for them to ask you who you know - by Bain - July 06, 2016, 08:39 PM
RE: Wait for them to ask you who you know - by Arturo - July 17, 2016, 05:33 AM