Sunbeam Lair A Stranger to These Lands
32 Posts
Ooc — Gray
He stood there in the blackness of his own closed eyes, all his senses where on edge, as he fought against the urges to do anything but stand there. He kept waiting for the sound of motion followed by pain as he was brought down. Would she strike his neck? Or maybe go for his injured leg. It felt like days passed with nothing happening. Only the faint sound of the wind through the trees, and the trickling of water, gave him any recollection that time was still passing.

Then she spoke, her voice was as cold and even as ever, each word spoken with meaning behind it. Slowly he raised his head and looked up to her, confusion plainly laid out across his face. It was true he had hoped she would show mercy, wounding him instead of killing. But what she had granted him was completely different, the ability to redeem himself and his honor by servus to the ones had had wronged. It took him by surprised, he was not sure if he had been shown leniency in the end or not.

When she had finished, he thought for several moments, even though he already knew his answer.  “Yes, of course!” He said, unsure of what his decision would mean for his future, but there was no going back now. “I will serve you with my life, until my debt has been repaid.” He stated lowering his head a second time, however unlike before when he did it out of shame. This time it was in pride. Only now did he lift his injured paw off the ground, visibly relaxing as the tension of the situation started to die down. Then a thought came to his mind, and he asked. “May I ask your name, so I know who I am in service to?” only now realizing that no names had been exchanged. Nervously he thought that he should have told his own name first before asking the name of another. But it was too late to go back now.
Messages In This Thread
A Stranger to These Lands - by Gray - July 03, 2016, 11:04 PM
RE: A Stranger to These Lands - by Asterr - July 04, 2016, 01:34 AM
RE: A Stranger to These Lands - by Gray - July 04, 2016, 03:13 AM
RE: A Stranger to These Lands - by Asterr - July 05, 2016, 01:17 AM
RE: A Stranger to These Lands - by Gray - July 05, 2016, 03:22 AM
RE: A Stranger to These Lands - by Asterr - July 08, 2016, 12:27 AM
RE: A Stranger to These Lands - by Gray - July 08, 2016, 02:18 AM
RE: A Stranger to These Lands - by Asterr - July 10, 2016, 02:10 AM
RE: A Stranger to These Lands - by Gray - July 11, 2016, 11:35 PM