Bearclaw Valley One year later...
26 Posts
Ooc —
A frown creased the ghost's brow as Valette told him that she knew of loss too, except Icarus hadn't lost anyone but his brother. He cared for no one else, he didn't know how to care for anyone else. Ever since Master abandoned them, Ica had travelled and wandered, never setting down ties, never attaching himself to anyone or anything. Perhaps he did so subconsciously, for fear of unknowingly damaging them, as he had with his parents, and because he too, was broken and Icarus was scared that whoever he touched would be broken as well. A heartless killer he might have been trained to be, but he had a heart bigger than most who had never suffered like he did. Except Icarus didn't know it. "But I have not lost anyone except my brother. He was, is the only one I have ever....cared for. My master tortured me, beat me up, he cared nothing for me, and I cared nothing for him. And I-" Icarus's voice broken then, and he exhaled sharply, stopping abruptly in his footsteps.

The ghost's facade broke, and for a brief moment, all the pain he carried, all the burden and confusion he felt was shown for the world to see, or perhaps, more appropriately, for Valette to see. "I have never known friends," he said quietly, after pulling himself together. "I have never really understood the meaning of that word. In my life, I have only known my brother and my Master. Others, I have killed, or no not their names." He breathed softly, before he began to walk again, indicating that he was fine now and listened raptly as Valette told him how a mother was like. The ghost's red eyes took upon a wistful look as he looked around his surroundings, imagining what he would be like to be a child with a mom who loved them.

Ica smiled when Valette told him that her brother had joined an assassins pack and that they did not have his manners. He knew though, that if they had joined willingly, then they were like his master, an able assassin himself, but also one who tortured others. The ghost did not share his thoughts, however, but kept them to himself, unwilling to tarnish the female's thoughts of her family. She then turned to him and told him the rest of her history, giving him advice of sorts that he did not need his blood family and could find a new one for himself, before offering him her friendship with a smile.

"I...I..." Icarus swayed gently on his feet, his mind troubled. "I'm honoured," he began, "but I don't have friends for a reason. I'm dangeorus, to everyone I meet and I don't want...I don't want to hurt anyone." His eyes had taken on a glassy look then. "My master told me to assassinate two wolves with my brother. We went, charmed our way through, but before we actually went to kill them, a wolf from my master's group informed our two targets of who we were. Turns out they were the wolves of my birth pack, and those my brother and I had been sent to kill were our parents. They rushed at us in joy, but we'd been taught to only complete our mission and we....." he swalloweed, lowering his head bitterly and in shame. "We killed them, I killed them. I can't...I can't...be friends, I don't know how." He shook his head helplessly.
Messages In This Thread
One year later... - by RIP Valette - August 01, 2016, 03:35 AM
RE: One year later... - by Icarus Asphodel - August 04, 2016, 09:39 PM
RE: One year later... - by RIP Valette - August 05, 2016, 06:02 AM
RE: One year later... - by Icarus Asphodel - August 05, 2016, 06:37 AM
RE: One year later... - by RIP Valette - August 05, 2016, 07:12 AM
RE: One year later... - by Icarus Asphodel - August 05, 2016, 07:36 AM
RE: One year later... - by RIP Valette - August 05, 2016, 07:58 AM
RE: One year later... - by Icarus Asphodel - August 05, 2016, 08:10 AM
RE: One year later... - by RIP Valette - August 05, 2016, 08:28 AM
RE: One year later... - by Icarus Asphodel - August 05, 2016, 08:47 AM
RE: One year later... - by RIP Valette - August 05, 2016, 09:02 AM