Blackfeather Woods And the vultures all start circling
I promised I'd always help you, and I always will.
144 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Althaia copied his thoughts, choosing Raspberry over the others out of worry for the pups. Harley nodded in agreement, rubbing his head against her shoulder and reaching out to lick her belly. The gesture was ever so slight, barely touching her, and the breath he released just after was probably felt easier than the lick. Of course he couldn't feel them, but he could just imagine the pups in there: would they be like him just because they were raised by him, or would the spawn of Charon-if any- be like the pale man no matter what? Would they actually know the difference, see it? Would others? 
              "Ill go out soon, I promise."
Her lovely smile faded, and she apologized for the twists and turns that his life had abruptly taken since her entrance to it. She was right: he'd given up his rank in Moonspear, a lovely home with friends, and the posibility of taking a mate he could've been happy there with. He'd imagined being a father a few times, as just about everyone did, but it was something he'd accepted letting go for that rank in Moonspear. Now here he was, accepting the fact that his beloved wife could be carrying the spawn of another, yet still taking them all in as his own. Being here though, in this dark wood full of hate and cold hearts, Harley found was the worst part of it all. 
So sure, maybe he would've been happy, even happier, but there was not a moment of anything the regretting. He wouldn't change it for the world, not a damn thing. 
                                      "I'll admit it, Althaia, it hasn't been easy. A lot of this sucks.... But I truly think I've found my soulmate in you, and if living on a mountain with friends is all I get for losing you.... Then I don't want it. I'd follow you to the ends of the Earth until my paws bled, and love you the same every moment of it." 
He kept his face laid against her side, rumbling happily deep in his chest and tail wagging behind him like crazy. Again, he wondered if this was how his father had felt when he was with mom.
Messages In This Thread
And the vultures all start circling - by Althaia - August 05, 2016, 10:00 AM
RE: And the vultures all start circling - by Althaia - August 10, 2016, 05:46 PM
RE: And the vultures all start circling - by Althaia - August 10, 2016, 06:34 PM
RE: And the vultures all start circling - by Harley Quinzel - August 10, 2016, 07:17 PM
RE: And the vultures all start circling - by Althaia - August 10, 2016, 07:57 PM
RE: And the vultures all start circling - by Althaia - August 10, 2016, 08:33 PM