Bramblepoint Sweet child o' mine
286 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Shrike gritted his teeth and looked away so Elwood could not see the disdain on his face when he heard that Elwood didn't know the scent. He felt mildly frustrated, knowing that there wasn't exactly a way to track the wolf directly, or even know if they were tracking the right wolf if they did catch a scent. Elwood mentioned hoping that he smelled Lucy, and Shrike pursed his lips. That would be the one way they would be able to discern the male's scent from other, friendly visitors. He assumed that Lucy was being carried, given that she was still small enough to be picked up and toted away, but even carrying a pup, the male would have to stop every now and again to save his neck from carrying her. 

That was, of course, assuming that he didn't simply abduct her so that he could harm her and destroy the evidence not far from the abduction site. But Shrike didn't want to think about that. 

Elwood was frustrated and flustered, and Shrike wasn't terribly adept at expressing sympathy, so he chose action instead. "Gotta find his scent somewhere along the borders. Don't get many visitors here," He said, thankful for once that the Caldera wolves mostly kept to themselves and didn't have visitors too often- that would narrow down the search should they come across multiple scent trails. "I'll go one way. You, the other. Make a complete tour of the borders, call out when we find any non-Caldera scent that's fresh." He said, eyes scanning the area as though to look for some visible marker. "One calls, marks the spot, and follows the scent into the pack. Other one of us goes to the place of the call. 'F that scent leads to where Lucy was taken, call again and one near the border can go right down the scent trail." He said. It sounded relatively easy, but had the wolf been stealthy, or used fox-like tricks, such as passing through water or back-tracking down their path and then bounding high and far enough away of it, to lead a false trail, things would be considerably more difficult. Naturally, though, it was Elwood's call- he was both the Beta and Lucy's father. "Sound okay?" He asked, hoping he hadn't overstepped any boundaries by suggesting a plan rather than letting Elwood come up with one.

And that first kiss coming, let's just freeze the frame
Your eyes were closing, as mine were opening
Messages In This Thread
Sweet child o' mine - by Elwood - August 15, 2016, 09:12 AM
RE: Sweet child o' mine - by Shrike Redleaf - August 15, 2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Sweet child o' mine - by Elwood - August 17, 2016, 09:57 AM
RE: Sweet child o' mine - by Shrike Redleaf - August 17, 2016, 01:19 PM
RE: Sweet child o' mine - by Elwood - August 18, 2016, 08:27 PM
RE: Sweet child o' mine - by Shrike Redleaf - August 21, 2016, 09:08 PM
RE: Sweet child o' mine - by Elwood - August 24, 2016, 10:31 PM
RE: Sweet child o' mine - by Shrike Redleaf - September 09, 2016, 07:38 PM
RE: Sweet child o' mine - by Elwood - September 11, 2016, 08:08 PM