Kildeer Rest you're the ocean and she's desperate to drown
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The space between them is little and Thuringwethil doesn't do anything this time to separate them. The comfort she feels goes a long way, where her advisors might suggest (if not outright force) that she's distracted. Sleeping Dragon is plenty and safe and while tensions remain on the horizon with the grotto, there's no immediate danger. They've survived the famine with new life on the other side and she's... maybe not happy, but content. And having Wildfire next to her mimics the changes with Drageda not even she can stop.

Wildfire's question causes her to look away, for a brief moment, and consider her purpose. There hadn't been a lot of time from when she woke to rousing Wildfire—Thuringwethil just knew she wanted to get away for a while—and so she feels a little lost when trying to find the right answer. Distracted.

Once she brushes the thought away, her eyes travel away from the Dragon's silhouette and returns where they should be.

"I don't know," she admits, unsure if she should have an answer for why they've come out here. They can't exactly have this moment within the confines of their home but she tries not to linger on it for long. Her head sweeps over and she runs her muzzle against Wildfire's own to search for the right words to say. She falls silent for a moment, staring down at the grass at her feet, before she scoots herself a little closer to the smaller wolf.

After a few deep breaths and fighting her tongue on what to say, she decides she needs something. Neither of them can lead a life like this and one of them will need the first move and she doesn't want Wildfire to be the one to make that decision. She swallows a particularly hard lump in her throat as she clears it and finds her voice.

"I thought, maybe, you'd want to... sleep in my cave more?" she asks, though laced with uncertainty but it's uncertain whether it has to do with the step or where they might go from here. "I don't always sleep in it but I think most nights I do."
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Messages In This Thread
RE: you're the ocean and she's desperate to drown - by Antumbra - August 25, 2016, 12:18 PM