Stavanger Bay always keep em on a leash
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo had to remind himself that she did not know his story and why he was here, why he continued to stay out of the instability of his own mind and his iron forged loyalty towards and respect for Skellige. It was a complicated story and not one that he felt inclined to delve into, though as he watched her settle back upon her haunches with his fiery orange-red gaze he supposed she expected it. The gangster was not accustomed to it, mostly because he didn't owe her anything. The world wouldn't stop if he refused to tell her. It was his business. His and Skellige's. He felt the urge to huff at her prying question, felt the desire to tell her “no” as he would have would she had been one of his Family. Not everyone needed to know everything. It was often times safer that way.

“How is it counterproductive that I live here but that I do not fish? I don't like fish thus it was never a sensible skill for me. As I understand it Miss Lagertha, I don't have to like fish to live here.” Her words made no sense to him aside from the fact that they'd came across to the gangster as prying. He could have been wrong, but he didn't think so. Arturo's terms for being here were between Skellige and him. All she, or anyone else needed to know was that he was loyal to The Leviathan and thus he was loyal to the pack. The alliance, should Arturo ever see his plans through, should he ever be well enough to return fire, would still stand. Just because he thought religion as a whole to be bizarre didn't lessen his respect for the sea titan any; and most importantly he was respectful to their (including Riptide's) faith; but Riptide was a whole other complication in and of himself. Besides, Arturo had always believed respect to be of utmost importance and thus always strove to assert it even if he did not necessarily agree or believe himself.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
always keep em on a leash - by Arturo - September 04, 2016, 07:05 AM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Lagertha - September 04, 2016, 07:50 PM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Arturo - September 05, 2016, 05:40 AM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Lagertha - September 05, 2016, 10:06 AM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Arturo - September 06, 2016, 02:39 PM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Lagertha - September 06, 2016, 08:58 PM
RE: always keep em on a leash - by Arturo - September 17, 2016, 04:54 AM