The Sentinels Time gets distorted when
99 Posts
Ooc — Manda
The disarray Sassafras felt slowly slipped away even as Tansea made way for the other woman to tell… her story? The context of Deirdre’s following words made the Calderan’s eyes widen slightly, although they immediately softened again as her heart made to reach out to Lasher’s daughter. She simply hadn’t expected to be met by someone who had been so close to the man, or for his last moments to be divulged. She was a complete stranger, after all, even if she had been sent by someone the wolves of Donnelaith likely knew very well.

As she became immersed in Deirdre’s words, she found herself unintentionally imagining what it might feel like to lose her own father, and tried to push the thought away only for her heart to squeeze at the time she had been away from her family. She continued to listen to the retelling of the love and sacrifice Lasher had given with his life, and certainly long before he had passed. She could see the way the pale beauty’s jaw clenched to reign in her emotion, and the way her eyes began to shine with tears she did not allow to fall. Sassafras was not so sure that she herself would be so strong if it had been her own beloved father.

"Deirdre… I’m so sorry," she offered, dipping her dark, velvety muzzle and closing her eyes in heartfelt respect. It was slowly that she raised her head again and regarded Lasher’s daughter with an undertone of admiration. "I would prefer you were the one to tell Peregrine," she hazarded to say, "but I would neither ask you to travel all that way, nor to retell your grief again and again. Is there anything you would like me to say on your behalf?"
Messages In This Thread
Time gets distorted when - by Sassafras - July 26, 2016, 10:36 PM
RE: Time gets distorted when - by Tansea - July 30, 2016, 04:56 AM
RE: Time gets distorted when - by Sassafras - August 06, 2016, 02:45 PM
RE: Time gets distorted when - by Tansea - August 06, 2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Time gets distorted when - by Deirdre - August 17, 2016, 02:35 PM
RE: Time gets distorted when - by Sassafras - August 17, 2016, 03:13 PM
RE: Time gets distorted when - by Tansea - August 17, 2016, 07:41 PM
RE: Time gets distorted when - by Deirdre - August 23, 2016, 06:18 PM
RE: Time gets distorted when - by Sassafras - September 09, 2016, 09:37 PM
RE: Time gets distorted when - by Tansea - September 10, 2016, 07:50 PM
RE: Time gets distorted when - by Deirdre - September 19, 2016, 02:20 PM