Totoka River caravanserai
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo watched the motion as she settled casually upon her haunches though for the moment he did not do the same himself. She did not immediately answer his questions instead offering her his name, giving to the realization that he had yet to offer his own name to her. Antigone Demos. She introduced herself to him. This was followed by words of moon power. This reminded Arturo of his mother who believed fervently in her soothsayers and the fey. Despite his Gaelic origins and the tradition of the naming he kept for his children he did not so readily believe in magics as Boadicea had. It made interesting bed time stories for children but Arturo was skeptical about anything that he could not see for himself. She stood tall as she had spoken, smiling as she spoke. Despite his skepticism that the moon harbored any powers he did not speak this aloud. His doubt was his own and not something he intended to rudely share with her. “Arturo Fearghal.” Ceannasach offered her his own name with a gentlemanly bow of his head. The gangster was many things and not many of them good but he took a certain amount of pride in his gentlemanly disposition.

“I see,” Arturo mused when she offered an explanation to his question. “I can be shadowtouched if that is what you want to consider me.” He drew in a soft purl. It made sense to some degree. He was a melanistic coywolf, the colors of a coyote but on the darkest side of the spectrum. He looked like Cynbel his mother had told him only much darker. A soft chuckle left Ceannasach's lips when she joked about tutors though he contemplated if her being one of five wolves to leave her natal pack was true. This was odd for him. Most wolves left their natal packs. He had. His children had all left Quicksilver Hollow, following in his footsteps while his ex-lover and their mother stayed to tend to the aging warrior queen.

To contemplate that wolves rarely left her natal pack (providing that wasn't apart of her joke) was a bizarre thing to the gangster. “Why did you leave then?” Had it been rebellion? Or the want to step out of someone's shadow? Or perhaps she simply desired to travel and experience new things. The possibilities, he realized, were endless. It wasn't any of his business but thus far she had not seemed to mind his curiosity and so long as she allowed him to ask questions he would.

Arturo got an answer, whether it was vague or even the truth at all he didn't know and had no mind to investigate it further. They chatted for a while before they decided to part ways with Arturo heading back to his Ravensblood and Antigone heading where she may.
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
caravanserai - by Antigone Demos - September 29, 2016, 03:10 PM
RE: caravanserai - by Arturo - September 29, 2016, 04:38 PM
RE: caravanserai - by Antigone Demos - September 30, 2016, 01:30 AM
RE: caravanserai - by Arturo - September 30, 2016, 12:16 PM
RE: caravanserai - by Antigone Demos - October 01, 2016, 01:01 PM
RE: caravanserai - by Arturo - October 01, 2016, 02:11 PM
RE: caravanserai - by Antigone Demos - October 01, 2016, 06:18 PM
RE: caravanserai - by Arturo - October 02, 2016, 04:55 AM