Stone Circle Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady sat back on his haunches as Althaia began her story. In a few minutes, he would be grateful that the pup in their presence had no idea what they were saying. He frowned as he listened, imagining the horror she had lived through. First to be denied by the one who helped her create these children, and then to have one sacrificed... He couldn't imagine how much strength she needed to take her and her children and get them to a safe place. He figured any pack that would sacrifice a pup to crows would not hesitate to kill them all for her desertion. 

I'm sorry you had to go through all that, he said softly, then gave her a moment to compose herself. He could understand the emotional aspect of it, and knew what it felt like to lose family. But, he had never had his own blood taken from him like she did. As empathic as he felt towards her, he would not truly understand. I believe you when you say you covered your scent well, and I hope they simply go about themselves and forget to look for you all. Steady had offered his protection to her, and he would keep his word. So, if anyone came sniffing around, they would be dealt with quickly. But, for his family's sake, he hoped they didn't come.

His gaze turned when the pup came up to Althaia to began to gnaw on her ankle. Steady gave her a soft smile, hoping they would learn to trust him one day. Turning his gaze back to Althaia, he thought for a moment. I think I know enough, and I won't ask anymore, he assured her, hoping it would relax her a bit to know that when he came around, it wouldn't be to pry into her past more. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thunderbolt and lightning, very very frightening - by Steady - October 05, 2016, 06:47 PM