Ravensblood Forest the one minute. the soldier's minute
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
no need to match the length. i got carried away, lol! :D

[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo watched undeniably pleased as she made her way down the slope she'd been perched upon, closing the distance that had been between them. The last leg of her descent was not as graceful as the first half, and Arturo felt a small smile tug at the corners of his lips, a polite attempt to hide the mirth that bubbled in his chest and threatened to spill from betwixt his lips. He, gentlemanly as ever, managed to keep it contained to that small little smirk not desiring to earn her ire or inspire her humiliation. Yet she let out her own breathless laughter and he allowed his low laugh to join into the chorus of her own, trying to decide if the sound of their laughter combined was an unusual but not unpleasing melody or if, god he was losing himself to this ...infatuation (which could very well be the case). β€œYou're welcome to come closer, if you desire,” He encouraged with a knavish purr but if this was all the closer she desired then it, was, of course, fine for the gentleman. As before, he left the decision to her.

Her question inspired that she was looking to find out what sort of place Teaghlaigh was destined to be and, charmed by her, Arturo had no intentions of withholding information. Besides, he had told Chusi she could invite Kitku to join them, and granted, he hadn't been very forthcoming with pack information to his young ward when he'd asked her to come away with him. Part of him felt true remorse (which indeed a rarity) at stealing her from this lovely woman's care but was it truly stealing when Chusi had wanted to go and the same invitation was extended to her? Arturo didn't think so.

β€œTeaghlaigh in the tongue of my natal pack means The Family,” He began, fixing her in his intense stare, gauging for her reaction, unaware that she could probably skillfully hide them from him if she so wished. β€œThis will be the original's reincarnation. We are extremely tight knit, very territorial over our forest and hunting grounds,” His lips twitched upwards ever so slightly at the thought as he drew in a breath. β€œWe take care of our own and in this we are ...secretive to an extent. Family business is Family business and anyone outside of The Family will not hear of it. My scouts and guardians are to be vague when inquired. My philosophy has always been take information without giving it when you can. To compromise The Family is to betray them and the punishment for it is death. There are only two rules in Teaghlaigh: The Ceannasach's Word is Law and The Family before Everything Else. Beyond that as long as they are not compromising The Family there are many freedoms.” Arturo liked to believe that in this respect while he could be rigid and strict that he was not a hard man to get along with.

β€œAs for me,” His salmon pink tongue drew across his jowls once. β€œI am the Ceannasach β€” the sovereign. I am the law, the head of the Family.” The boss. Whatever word they wanted to pin him as. It all meant the same thing. He was the thinking force, the final decision, the leader they rallied behind. And though he wasn't overly sure what inspired him to let her in on this plan, aside from his enamorment he leaned forward slightly, the smoky reticence of his deep, accented voice lowered, β€œI am contemplating a red herring. Someone to be my decoy to those outside of The Family that do not know I truly rule, and to those who seek to join our ranks.” He murmured to her, strangely curious to hear her opinion on it, if she had one. He did not spend much time pondering why he wanted her consul especially since there was absolutely no guarantee that she would join Chusi and him here. As it was Arturo understood that this red herring ploy (especially given who would become his red herring) would be easily believable. It appeared to be a hard pill for pure bred wolves to swallow that a coywolf could be as cunning as his bastard father, and as much of a charismatic, natural leader as his "pure" mother.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
Messages In This Thread
the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - September 25, 2016, 06:35 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - September 26, 2016, 08:07 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - September 26, 2016, 01:58 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - September 26, 2016, 04:19 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - September 26, 2016, 05:04 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - September 27, 2016, 07:51 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - September 28, 2016, 01:08 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - October 08, 2016, 09:24 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - October 09, 2016, 05:17 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - October 09, 2016, 07:50 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - October 09, 2016, 08:31 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - October 09, 2016, 10:10 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - October 09, 2016, 11:34 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - October 22, 2016, 07:30 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - October 22, 2016, 08:41 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - October 26, 2016, 03:22 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - December 05, 2016, 07:00 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - October 26, 2016, 01:22 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - November 15, 2016, 10:53 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - November 16, 2016, 02:08 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - November 21, 2016, 09:13 AM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - November 21, 2016, 05:04 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - November 22, 2016, 12:58 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - November 22, 2016, 03:48 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - December 05, 2016, 07:30 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - December 05, 2016, 08:08 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Arturo - December 10, 2016, 03:25 PM
RE: the one minute. the soldier's minute - by Lotte - December 31, 2016, 05:47 PM